Heroes

superkick

[quote name='Myrddin' post='1671314' date='Feb 2 2009, 20.01']:agree:

/ducks

Oh all right....

This is still season three, but volume 4.[/quote]

Seriously, they can even confuse the season/volume ordering thing. Season 3.5 = Volume 4. Season 4.0 = Volume 5. Season 4.5 = Volume 6. There must be an easier way of doing this.

[quote name='hALo BEndeR' post='1671422' date='Feb 2 2009, 21.22']Why I keep giving Heroes so many chances to get good is really beyond me. Maybe it's because I want a live action superhero show on TV that's not Smallville.[/quote]

The only reason why I gave it a chance before is because there was [i]nothing[/i] else on at the time. Whilst now we have [b]Lost[/b] for the next fourteen weeks and [b]BSG[/b] for the next seven. I'm might just save [b]Heroes[/b] Season 3.5/Volume Eleventy-Six or Whatever for afterwards, or if Bryan Fueller's return miraculously makes the show awesome again.

And of course, we'll all tune in again for Season 4/Volume Ga-Ga to see if Fueller being made showrunner will have made a difference as well.

[quote name='Mack Kilimaro' post='1671516' date='Feb 2 2009, 22.43']I'd stopped watching Heroes by the time the last run of episodes ended. I think I gave it four or so episodes the last time. Whatever happened to villain Marlo? I hope he got to do something cool before Sylar ate his brain. Or is he still at large?[/quote]

Marlo got frozen to death by whassherface. It was lame. He went out like a total loser.

Seriously, if the writers of [b]Heroes[/b] want people to enjoy their show, for Christ's sake don't keep giving them reasons to think of [b]The Wire[/b] and how awesome that show was. Although The Bunk coming in with the power of Awesome would be quite cool, I suppose.

Not bad that is besides the plot hole of parkman just suddenly being able to draw the future...

I cant remember where he showed up before, but you didnt really miss anything not watching msot of last season it was all garbage. Basically peters dad was still alive, his ability was stealing powers, he took peters, and hiros, eventually ended up dead, nathan is kinda batshit crazy and wants to round up everyone with powers, and hats pretty much it minus all plot holes that occured, but thankfully they're pretty much ignoring all the flawed plotlines at the momemnt.

[quote name='G'Kar' post='1671728' date='Feb 2 2009, 22.00']I don't know, I kind of enjoyed that. :unsure:[/quote]

Is their plane going to crash on the island????! j.k

I think its much cooler that peter got a less powered down ablity after losing his power, and regaining one due to the ability formula. much sweeter than just being able to fly like we thought, or acquiring every single power possible. My only issue is Matt randomly becoming a mystic and now having 2 powers at once for no reason :P

And im assuming HRG is working with nathans batshit crazy ass, in exchange for claires freedom.

Not too bad. Enjoyed Sylar fighting his way out of the trap.

Wondering if they show finally going to be consistent about how Peter gets his powers, now that it seems to come from touch. Either way, he's basically got an all you can eat power buffet on that plane.

The episode wasn't a complete waste of time and if they can do better from here on out, we may be in for a good season.

[quote name='Nadie' post='1671734' date='Feb 2 2009, 22.07']Not too bad. Enjoyed Sylar fighting his way out of the trap.

Wondering if they show finally going to be consistent about how Peter gets his powers, now that it seems to come from touch. Either way, he's basically got an all you can eat power buffet on that plane.

The episode wasn't a complete waste of time and if they can do better from here on out, we may be in for a good season.[/quote]

It appeared to me that he can now only maintain 1 power at a time through touch. When he touched whatever the hell ali larters character is now he lsot mohinders stregtnht and started getting beat up by the guard, and hence if he had still been able to fly he wouldnt have been so concerned about being blown out the plane.

It seems his new ability which he got from the forumla would be he mimics the power of whomever he touches..not absorbs powrs by touch

[quote name='G'Kar' post='1671736' date='Feb 2 2009, 22.08']I'm very curious about Sylar's father. I still thought he was a Petrelli. I wonder who his father is, and if we have seen him before (and what are his powers ect...)?[/quote]

NAh the petrellis were lying to him to use him for his ability. He obtained the power of being able to tell if people are being truthful or not..human lie detector and found out they were lying. Then mrs petrelli told him his faher was still alive.

Not a bad episode. Sort of takes the bad taste out of my mouth from the last season and a half. Seriously, I watched the last two episodes of Volume 3 earlier and I couldn't believe how hokey the show had gotten. I think the more realism-centered storyline works a lot better than "dead daddy comes back to give everyone powers and blow up the earth" storyline.

I hope they actually stick with Nathan's mindset for now. His character has been far too confusing amidst a sea of confusion. He's good, he's bad, he's in between, no he's good, well, maybe he's just a little bit bad, no wait, he's the BIG BAD.... I do not want to see him as part of the team again next season.

The only thing that really bothered me in this episode was Hiro being on the plane with the rest of them. He was in Japan, yet they ship him to New York to ship him out to wherever they were supposed to go?

The Parkman deal was sort of lame. Hopefully with the two head guys who were in charge recently gone, they'll stop using the freaking drawings as a crutch. But it was also stupid because it possibly hinted at some type of other reason for the powers, if Parkman was "chosen" to receive the visions.

All in all though, not a horrible way to spend an hour on Monday night, especially now with MNF done til September :(

[quote name='awesome possum' post='1671762' date='Feb 2 2009, 22.29']Not a bad episode. Sort of takes the bad taste out of my mouth from the last season and a half. Seriously, I watched the last two episodes of Volume 3 earlier and I couldn't believe how hokey the show had gotten. I think the more realism-centered storyline works a lot better than "dead daddy comes back to give everyone powers and blow up the earth" storyline.

I hope they actually stick with Nathan's mindset for now. His character has been far too confusing amidst a sea of confusion. He's good, he's bad, he's in between, no he's good, well, maybe he's just a little bit bad, no wait, he's the BIG BAD.... I do not want to see him as part of the team again next season.

The only thing that really bothered me in this episode was Hiro being on the plane with the rest of them. He was in Japan, yet they ship him to New York to ship him out to wherever they were supposed to go?

The Parkman deal was sort of lame. Hopefully with the two head guys who were in charge recently gone, they'll stop using the freaking drawings as a crutch. But it was also stupid because it possibly hinted at some type of other reason for the powers, if Parkman was "chosen" to receive the visions.

All in all though, not a horrible way to spend an hour on Monday night, especially now with MNF done til September :([/quote]

werent hiro and ando in new york at end of last season?

[quote name='superkick' post='1671737' date='Feb 2 2009, 22.10']It appeared to me that he can now only maintain 1 power at a time through touch. When he touched whatever the hell ali larters character is now he lsot mohinders stregtnht and started getting beat up by the guard, and hence if he had still been able to fly he wouldnt have been so concerned about being blown out the plane.

It seems his new ability which he got from the forumla would be he mimics the power of whomever he touches..not absorbs powrs by touch[/quote]

Hmm. That's interesting. I just thought that the guard just surprised him.

Both my roommate and I wondered weren't too worried about Peter being thrown out of the plane, but we hadn't considered it was possible that he lost his power of flight when he gained Suresh's strength and then Ali Larter's ice power. We just figured he was hanging on because he didn't want to lose other people in the plane.

Would be kinda disappointed if that were the case, as I was hoping for a multi-power showdown between Peter and Sylar someday.

Also, when will Peter learn NEVER to hug anyone in his damn family? EVER.

[quote name='Nadie' post='1671786' date='Feb 2 2009, 22.50']Would be kinda disappointed if that were the case, as I was hoping for a multi-power showdown between Peter and Sylar someday.[/quote]

Didn't this happen already in an alternate future?

[quote name='Nadie' post='1671786' date='Feb 2 2009, 22.50']Hmm. That's interesting. I just thought that the guard just surprised him.

Both my roommate and I wondered weren't too worried about Peter being thrown out of the plane, but we hadn't considered it was possible that he lost his power of flight when he gained Suresh's strength and then Ali Larter's ice power. We just figured he was hanging on because he didn't want to lose other people in the plane.

Would be kinda disappointed if that were the case, as I was hoping for a multi-power showdown between Peter and Sylar someday.

Also, when will Peter learn NEVER to hug anyone in his damn family? EVER.[/quote]

well if he had stregth youd figure the guards punch wouldnt have knocked him off his ass, and he seemed pretty damn concerned about not getting blown out of the plane. Also it would make sense unelss theres just a new major plot hole as to why peter can only gain abiltiies by touching other people. It pretty much looked like that his power morphed on touch, because after touching ali later he hit the guard again and didnt send him flying either. and if he was super strong he prob would have been able to hang on better? firmly grip mohinders hand and the ropes and all that.

[quote name='awesome possum' post='1671762' date='Feb 2 2009, 22.29']The only thing that really bothered me in this episode was Hiro being on the plane with the rest of them. He was in Japan, yet they ship him to New York to ship him out to wherever they were supposed to go?[/quote]

I don't know where they were. When Ando got into Hiro's computer system it looked to me like the GPS was saying Hiro was somewhere in northern Africa. Apparently President Worf hasn't outlawed extraordinary rendition.

[quote name='superkick' post='1671801' date='Feb 2 2009, 23.03']Yea they duked it out..my memory doesnt recall what happened though[/quote]
Because we never found out. They were all "We must kung fu fight!" and then the scene cut away. All that was seen after that is glowy lights coming from a door.

Biggest. tease. ever.

[quote name='Nadie' post='1671786' date='Feb 2 2009, 21.50']Hmm. That's interesting. I just thought that the guard just surprised him.

Also, when will Peter learn NEVER to hug anyone in his damn family? EVER.[/quote]

Thought they were pretty obvious with the fact that Peter can only have one power at once, switching them out with whichever new person he touches/mimics. And I think its about damned time too. A good 10% of the show's problems (they had A TON of problems) were due to the fact that they overpowered Peter and Hiro so it was impossible to meaningfully challenge them or put them in jeopardy. Because there was almost no situation they could come up with that shouldn't be a breeze for Hiro/Peter to walk through. And since the writer's weren't clever enough to come up with real dilemma's, they were forced to use frequent character stupidity and contrived crap like amnesia to stop them from Deus Ex-ing everything.

Peter and Hiro needed to be de-powered or the show would continue to suck. Now they have a chance. Villains of course can get away with being Godlike, so Sylar's fine.

In either case, against my better judgment I'm willing to give the show a fresh chance. I don't care how unconvincing the turns that got the characters to their present situation were (looking your way Nathan), I'll just accept their personalities and motivations as they are right now. I'll pretend that the series premiered for the first time tonight (not like any of the old backstory is relevant anymore) and see what they do with it. So far the move from all powerful companies with soap opera families (and acting) to government black ops has worked. Sure they pulled out a few of the old tricks (OMG, Claire finds daddy working for the bad guys again!!?? Really??) and they have even less grasp of geography than 24, but I can live with that for the moment. Its minor.

They have a blank slate from me right now. I've swallowed all the retcons, let them get the characters where they want them, now tell me a story that's worth my time to watch. Lets see how all this turns out.

[quote name='EHK for a True GOP' post='1671864' date='Feb 3 2009, 00.18']Thought they were pretty obvious with the fact that Peter can only have one power at once, switching them out with whichever new person he touches/mimics. And I think its about damned time too. A good 10% of the show's problems (they had A TON of problems) were due to the fact that they overpowered Peter and Hiro so it was impossible to meaningfully challenge them or put them in jeopardy. Because there was almost no situation they could come up with that shouldn't be a breeze for Hiro/Peter to walk through. And since the writer's weren't clever enough to come up with real dilemma's, they were forced to use frequent character stupidity and contrived crap like amnesia to stop them from Deus Ex-ing everything.

Peter and Hiro needed to be de-powered or the show would continue to suck. Now they have a chance. Villains of course can get away with being Godlike, so Sylar's fine.

In either case, against my better judgment I'm willing to give the show a fresh chance. I don't care how unconvincing the turns that got the characters to their present situation were (looking your way Nathan), I'll just accept their personalities and motivations as they are right now. I'll pretend that the series premiered for the first time tonight (not like any of the old backstory is relevant anymore) and see what they do with it. So far the move from all powerful companies with soap opera families (and acting) to government black ops has worked. Sure they pulled out a few of the old tricks (OMG, Claire finds daddy working for the bad guys again!!?? Really??) and they have even less grasp of geography than 24, but I can live with that for the moment. Its minor.

They have a blank slate from me right now. I've swallowed all the retcons, let them get the characters where they want them, now tell me a story that's worth my time to watch. Lets see how all this turns out.[/quote]

Plus given that sylar never acquired time travel, makes it possible to defeat him unlike peter or hiro who could just poof away from any situation. As said before nathan is better being a batshit crazy radical, than the flip flopper he has displayed every season. Though angela tends to flip flop an awful lot still. Im siding with nathan, im nice, peters a vag so im siding with nathan again. Those 2 both just need to maintain what side their on.

Ill be a lttle bit more leniet with HRG flipping flopping sides because in his mind hes doing whatever he thinks is best for claire. Which can lead to flip-flopping.

I will admit last nights episode was better than the entire first half of the third season..and yea lets kidna put a giant blank slate between the end of the first season, and now.

Plus sylar messing up the strike team was pretty bad ass... (though like you mentioned given he has ungodly powers, all he ever seems to want to use is telekensis for the msot part..wth now energy thrown in accordingl. )

Archived