AGOT Mafia 62

House Targaryen

Joke vote + no substantiation = fine
Non-joke vote + substantiation = fine
Non-joke vote + no substantiation = not fine

I know it is day 1, but I'd prefer to have a day 1 case rather than people piling on one person because they received some joke votes. It would be super scummy not to lynch. But you're more likely to be able to work towards a lynch if you have a case on someone that leads to a train, rather than randomly deciding who gets killed on day 1.

Applying pressure arbitrarily is just weird. I mean, what pressure is there if someone randomly votes you from something? But if I vote for you and substantiate, then you have to respond to my substantiation.

You can just laugh off a vote that has no substance at this stage.

[quote name='House Estren' post='1694753' date='Feb 21 2009, 07.44']I know it is day 1, but I'd prefer to have a day 1 case rather than people piling on one person because they received some joke votes.[/quote]
And this isn't the usual Day 1 case? :stunned:

[quote name='House Estren' post='1694753' date='Feb 21 2009, 07.44']It would be super scummy not to lynch. But you're more likely to be able to work towards a lynch if you have a case on someone that leads to a train, rather than randomly deciding who gets [b]killed[/b] on day 1.[/quote]
I'm going to pretend you said lynched there :eek: .
This is fine but again it requires a case. Besides, I didn't promote a random lynching - note that I said "at this point" I don't care who. I made a vote and now I wait to see how people react, do they jump on the train, do they push in another direction, do they avoid the issue entirely. If people pile on then there is real pressure, substantiated or not, and that's when the better cases can be made.

[quote name='House Estren' post='1694753' date='Feb 21 2009, 07.44']Applying pressure arbitrarily is just weird. I mean, what pressure is there if someone randomly votes you from something? But if I vote for you and substantiate, then you have to respond to my substantiation.

You can just laugh off a vote that has no substance at this stage.[/quote]
Agreed. But so far I haven't seen any vote that is substantiated enough that it can't be laughed off and frankly don't expect to if all we get are joke votes.
It seems as if you're expecting a substantial case to just fall into your lap :stunned: . Maybe I'm too cynical, or perhaps I'm just not into RP as much as the rest of you, instead I'm trying to move the game [i]forward[/i] so we make the most of Day 1 and not waste it as always seems to happen.

Day 1 cases usually have flimsy premises, not no premises.

And surely if someone is lynched they are killed. Only a vig/ninja can 'kill' during the day, if that is what you are implying?

Oh, and I think my vote on you has a bit of substance, and you haven't laughed it off and have responded, thus giving me an argument win, yay!

So do you have any impressions, gut or otherwise of anyone? People haven't really been posting enough to draw out anything implicating. Post and running. Which means the lynch normally defaults to whoever has drawn the most attention. Hmmm..

[quote name='House Toyne' post='1694767' date='Feb 21 2009, 02.51']This is fine but again it requires a case. Besides, I didn't promote a random lynching - note that I said "at this point" I don't care who. I made a vote and now I wait to see how people react, do they jump on the train, do they push in another direction, do they avoid the issue entirely. If people pile on then there is real pressure, substantiated or not, and that's when the better cases can be made.[/quote]It seems a bit overdefensive, [b]Toyne[/b].

I think the case was somewhere around the time I voted for you. :rolleyes: For just jumping on a train (admittedly a small train, well technically the smallest train size possible) without providing any reasoning behind it save for to get a lynch. If we let people do that it allows them to obfuscate and obscure their actual reasons for wanting this or that person dead.

But Pryor's behaviour seems awfully similar but a bit disengenuous. Pryor hasn't added anything of substance, but is bandwagonning just the same as Toyne. Sigh.

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Broom, Condon, Darklyn, Estren, Hollard, Leygood, Pryor, Redwyne, Sparr, Toyne.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

3 votes for Toyne ( Leygood, Estren, Pryor)
2 votes for Hollard ( Sparr, Toyne)
1 vote for Broom ( Darklyn)

4 players have not voted: Broom, Condon, Hollard, Redwyne.

[quote name='House Toyne' post='1694791' date='Feb 21 2009, 05.05']I'm sorry, was there a case on me? I was having a nice conversation with Estrogen.[/quote]...who started this nice conversation with calling your behavior super-scummy and putting a serious vote, didn't he?
And now, after being accused of overedefensiveness, you become overcareless immedeately? Opposite extremity?

Due to the slow start of this game and the fact that it's weekend, the dragon has prolongued the timelimit by 4 hours.

Pipermod will be away from today afternoon until Sunday midday. Fortunatly he has recruited an excellent co-mod so you won't be alone.

Welcome Week-Dragon-Mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

[quote name='House Estren' post='1694795' date='Feb 21 2009, 11.43']For just jumping on a train ...without providing any reasoning behind it save for to get a lynch. If we let people do that it allows them to obfuscate and obscure their actual reasons for wanting this or that person dead.[/quote]
I expanded on my thought processes. If you don't understand where I'm coming from at least try and imagine that I could be coming from somewhere.

[quote name='House Toyne' post='1694796' date='Feb 21 2009, 11.43']QUOTE (House Pryor @ Feb 21 2009, 11.00) *
It seems a bit overdefensive, [b]Toyne.[/b]
[/q]
I'm sorry, was there a case on me? I was having a nice conversation with Estrogen.
Perhaps you should try and read the thread next time.[/quote]
[quote name='House Pryor' post='1694798' date='Feb 21 2009, 11.47']...who started this nice conversation with calling your behavior super-scummy and putting a serious vote, didn't he?
And now, after being accused of overedefensiveness, you become overcareless immedeately? Opposite extremity?[/quote]
Irony Pryor. Your three posts this game:

[quote name='House Pryor' post='1693868' date='Feb 20 2009, 17.28']Well... last thing I remember is confronting with a dragon. The rest is silence.
Help? Help?..[/quote]
[quote name='House Pryor' post='1693933' date='Feb 20 2009, 18.20']Do you? :)[/quote]
[quote name='House Pryor' post='1694788' date='Feb 21 2009, 11.00']It seems a bit overdefensive, [b]Toyne[/b].[/quote]

Chill Toyne.

I was explaining what the case was as at the point the case was made.

I understand your reasoning for your vote - I just disagree with it and am unwilling to give you a pass on it yet. Mkay?

I'd actually like Pryor to come and provide some input into this thread rather than the jump on badwagon and run.

[quote name='House Estren' post='1694810' date='Feb 21 2009, 06.36']I'd actually like Pryor to come and provide some input into this thread rather than the jump on badwagon and run.[/quote]I hope you understand that I voted Toyne for the very different reason than yours?
I'll be partially afflicted for next 1.5-2 hours, than I'll fully participate for another 4-5 hours.

I have returned as promised. I am glad at least some conversation has been started.

I did not find Toyne or Estren to be scummy or overly defensive. It was the first real conversation of the game. A statement was made and a response given.

However, I did not like the way Pryor jumped on Toyne. It was a very opportunistic vote. It looks justified on the surface, but if you look just a bit deeper you can see he way overstated things with his one word case.

For now, I am willing to vote[b] Pryor[/b].

Archived