AGOT Mafia 62

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Pryor' post='1694920' date='Feb 21 2009, 11.21']Yes. Usually you don't need to explain obvious things, unless you are sure you opponent doesn't understand them. And I sincerely think Toyne's first post was obvious enough. In fact, if he won't make that second post, I'd probably defend him against Estren.
You just repeated points made by other players earlier, without adding anything of your own. I don't think it's better approach than explaining some new matter badly.
And at the moment when you did this, I definitely looked more easy target than Toyne when I voted him.[/quote]
Firstly, I have to disagree that it was somehow an obvious thing. He voted for me because he did not care who he lynched. He then explained it was to get the game moving. Nowehere in his original post did he state this, so i'm not sure how you make it "obvious".

As for repeating points by other people earlier:

1. I don't believe I did, really. I did not think you explained yourself well, because you called it an over-reaction. I did not think it was an over reaction, so obviously disagreed with you there. Because I did not think it was an over-reaction, it seemed to me you were interpretting things in a different way from how they are, and using that to jump on something that looked easy. So I voted for you.

2. If I had retired, I would've changed my vote. I merely asked for an explanation. Again, you are mis-interpretting things.

3. There seems some strange mindset stuff going on. "Scum always do this" etc. You seem to have some strange thinking that scum always agree without giving reasons, and so on. Which, in my experience they dont. Scum look at what people expect of them, and do the opposite. My mian disagreement with you is that you seemed to misinterpret what he was actually doing, and use that to jump on him.

Woah, now I have symps flocking to my banner :P .

[quote name='House Pryor' post='1694920' date='Feb 21 2009, 16.21']Yes. Usually you don't need to explain obvious things, unless you are sure you opponent doesn't understand them.[/quote]It's different when there are only two people active for several hours. You keep checking the thread and nothing new but what the other wrote. Plus there are always those who like hearing the sound of their own voice ;) .
[quote name='House Pryor' post='1694920' date='Feb 21 2009, 16.21']And at the moment when you did this, I definitely looked more easy target than Toyne when I voted him.[/quote]I'd agree you were an easy target at that time.

[quote name='House Leygood' post='1694923' date='Feb 21 2009, 16.31']Of the active players, I am most bothered by Estren's dogged attack on Toyne. We get it, you think he looks scummy. Your overzealous attack makes you look bloodthirsty.[/quote]Dogged, overzealous, bloodthirsty? Strong language... it was just a pleasant chat, honest :P .
[quote name='House Leygood' post='1694923' date='Feb 21 2009, 16.31']My biggest worry is [b]Redwyne[/b]. We simply cannot afford modkills in a game this small.[/quote]Hmm so you're suggesting we lynch Redwyne so that we definately only get one CF result but potentially have more RI. Don't know if I buy that statistically but it is nice to have active people around. Can someone think of a reason we shouldn't go for 2 CF results (such as Pless's odd/even rule which I can't remember off the top of my head but was probably decided to have little relevance in games anyway especially these days what with the large number of roles that throw the odd/even rule off anyway so I'm probably just wasting my time trying to think of it but definately not wasting my time trying to find it in some arcane lost thread somewhere so instead just hoping someone else can tell me it's irrelevant for sure to make me feel all better and warm and fuzzy inside cos that's nice too :) )?

I'd be comfortable lynching pretty much anyone at this point. Leaning slightly towards Broom, Hollard and Leygood simply because I'm finding it harder to get a read on them.

EDIT: And Sparr. Completely forgot about Sparr, they are way under my radar, just some RP thus far.

[quote name='House Leygood' post='1694935' date='Feb 21 2009, 16.50']If we lynch some active inno,
then Redwyne gets modkilled (and he is inno),
then the FM night kill...[/quote]
Woah nm. A bunch of crosspost. I really should learn to use the preview button :smash: .
I feel a little warmer and fuzzier :wideeyed:

[quote name='House Hollard' post='1694955' date='Feb 21 2009, 11.11']Firstly, I have to disagree that it was somehow an obvious thing.[/quote]For me, it was obvious. Now, it evidently wasn't obvious for other players, like you and Leygood. Still, I sincerely believe in what I said.
[quote]As for repeating points by other people earlier:

1. I don't believe I did, really. I did not think you explained yourself well, because you called it an over-reaction.[/quote]And how it's different from what Condon wrote?
[quote]2. If I had retired, I would've changed my vote. I merely asked for an explanation. Again, you are mis-interpretting things.[/quote]Well, now I have to agree you haven't retired, you just were late to respond. Consulting with a partner, posssibly? :)
[quote]You seem to have some strange thinking that scum always agree without giving reasons, and so on.[/quote]And you seem to have some strange thinking that scum always jump on trains with giving poorly formulated (from your Pov) reasons. It's mirror, my ser, mirror.

If you go back to my first, I was merely asking for more of an explanation, my vote more of a pressure vote. Because the explanation wasn't obvious to me.
I thought you were mis-interpretting it, which is, iirc, different from Condon. Maybe its not, in which case I agree with condon.

My point on the thought process is more of a general one, as if there is some sort of rulebook the scum follow about how to act.

I just vote on what I think strikes me as odd. Your explanation did.

I also really dislike the idea that people don't just agree with things, and somehow doing so is odd.

Had you said, I agree with Estren, I would probably have accepted it. However, I disagreed with the explanation you gave, so questioned it.

[quote name='House Toyne' post='1694956' date='Feb 21 2009, 11.13']It's different when there are only two people active for several hours. You keep checking the thread and nothing new but what the other wrote. Plus there are always those who like hearing the sound of their own voice ;) .[/quote]Good point. I feel better about you now.
[quote]I'd be comfortable lynching pretty much anyone at this point. Leaning slightly towards Broom, Hollard and Leygood simply because I'm finding it harder to get a read on them.[/quote]Why Leygood? I have a good reading on him. He seems to have strict, not middle-of-roading opinions. And Broom made some unpopular standing.
Sparr is possible choice, but I'd prefer Redwine over him, in our situation. And who won't like some red wine? :)

[quote name='House Hollard' post='1694971' date='Feb 21 2009, 11.38']If you go back to my first, I was merely asking for more of an explanation, my vote more of a pressure vote. Because the explanation wasn't obvious to me.[/quote]Are you satisfied now?
[quote]I also really dislike the idea that people don't just agree with things, and somehow doing so is odd.[/quote]Too bad. Innos disagree with each other rather often, you have to admit this. Agreeable persons are of much more concern.

[quote name='House Hollard' post='1694939' date='Feb 21 2009, 16.55']If the even-odd rule is what I think, then it doesn't matter.

6/2 or 5/2, it doesn't matter, because either way, 2 wrong lynch and we fail.

6/2, lynch=5/2, kill=4/2, lynch=3/2, kill=2/2.

5/2, lynch=4/2, kill=3/2, lynch=3/2.

Either way, we get 2 lynches wrong, so WCS, I don't think it matters.

Could be wrong though.

Thanks for explaining though.[/quote]

I think this is right. With 10 players, we can afford 1 modkill. Obviously, it would be better if it didn't happen.

Satisfied, pretty much. You said that you thought it was obvious enough what he meant from his first post. I disagree, but yeah, its pretty much enough for me to [b]remove vote[/b]. Though i'd like to know why you think it was obvious he was trying to move the game forward just from him voting name out of the hat, and no further explanation was needed.

Yes, innos disagree rather often. But I do not find people suspicious from agreeing with one or two things, rather than if they consistently agree with things.

[quote name='House Condon' post='1694830' date='Feb 21 2009, 13.44']However, I did not like the way Pryor jumped on Toyne. It was a very opportunistic vote. It looks justified on the surface, but if you look just a bit deeper you can see he way overstated things with his one word case.

For now, I am willing to vote[b] Pryor[/b].[/quote]

I agree with this, and of the current top lynch candidates, I would prefer Pryor. However, in a game this slow, i'd rather lynch someone less active that Pryor (yes, I know I haven't been very active myself. Sorry about that, but it will change soon). So Sparr or Broom for me. Broom has contributed (in a case on Estren), so...

[b]House Sparr[/b]

[quote name='House Hollard' post='1694985' date='Feb 21 2009, 11.54']Satisfied, pretty much. You said that you thought it was obvious enough what he meant from his first post. I disagree, but yeah, its pretty much enough for me to [b]remove vote[/b]. Though i'd like to know why you think it was obvious he was trying to move the game forward just from him voting name out of the hat, and no further explanation was needed.[/quote]So, you have retired now (at last), but along with keeping an option of jumping on me again in case if winds would change. If you are inno, it isn't good innocent play.
What do you think about Leygood and Estren?
[quote]Yes, innos disagree rather often. But I do not find people suspicious from agreeing with one or two things, rather than if they consistently agree with things.[/quote]That's right.

[quote name='House Pryor' post='1694990' date='Feb 21 2009, 13.01']So, you have retired now (at last), but along with keeping an option of jumping on me again in case if winds would change. If you are inno, it isn't good innocent play.
What do you think about Leygood and Estren?
That's right.[/quote]
And you have avoided answering my question :P
It wasn't keeping an option for jumping on you again later. It was a question.

As for estren/Leygood, I think i'll go back and re-read.

[quote name='House Darklyn' post='1694986' date='Feb 21 2009, 11.55']I agree with this, and of the current top lynch candidates, I would prefer Pryor. However, in a game this slow, i'd rather lynch someone less active that Pryor (yes, I know I haven't been very active myself. Sorry about that, but it will change soon). So Sparr or Broom for me. Broom has contributed (in a case on Estren), so...

[b]House Sparr[/b][/quote]

In a game this small, suspicions count more than the number of posts. We don't have a lot of room.

I am not wholly convinced on Pryor, and have to think hard about Redwyne. There really isn't a lot of room for whiddling out the low posters unfortunately. The down side is it means they can hide.

8/2
modkill innocent (worse case here)
7/2
lynch innocent
innocent is NK
5/2
lynch innocent
NK innocent
3/2
lynch innocent, baddies win

with the mod kill, we have 2 lynches to get wrong.

8/2
lynch Redwyne
NK innocent
6/2
lynch innocent
NKinnocent
4/2
lynch innocent
NK innocent
2/2
we still only have 2 lynches, so I guess it doesn't matter...let Redwyne be mod killed.

Either way, we have to get the baddies quickly.

[quote name='House Hollard' post='1694993' date='Feb 21 2009, 12.05']And you have avoided answering my question :P[/quote]I've answered it already. If you don't like my answers (which is your holy right, of course), it's strange why you removed you vote. You said you were satisfied, but not satisfied at the same time - could anybody be more middle of road? You are either very new player or classical example of poor FM play.
[quote]As for estren/Leygood, I think i'll go back and re-read.[/quote]Waiting. :)

Leygood read:

Hasn't really contributed much, but isn't alone in this.

Doesn't think Toyne's suspicious.
Disagrees with Pryor, but doesn't find him suspicious.
Of the active players, worries most about Estren, for persistence on Toyne.
Votes Redwyne for inactivity, and goes on to ask whether letting him be modkilled would make a difference. It doesnt. I believe his vote is still there, though I don't think he's shown back up.

Seems kinda to skirt around the things getting discussed most, but does venture an opinion.

[quote name='House Pryor' post='1695004' date='Feb 21 2009, 13.17']I've answered it already. If you don't like my answers (which is your holy right, of course), it's strange why you removed you vote. You said you were satisfied, but not satisfied at the same time - could anybody be more middle of road? You are either very new player or classical example of poor FM play.[/quote]
I was meaning specifically, the bit about how specifically you knew that he was trying to move forwards just by his random vote.

You said you thought it was obvious, fair enough. I'd just like to know why. Not an attack. A question.

[quote name='House Hollard' post='1695010' date='Feb 21 2009, 12.22']Leygood read:[/quote]It's good you made a reread, but I fail to see your own opinion on the person. That's why I disapprove rereads without a conclusion.

For now, I'd say we should choose between Hollard and Redwine. I am happy with my current vote but I might switch if needful, within next 1-1.5 hours. After that, I'll have to leave until end of the day, sorry.

Estren read:

Goes for Toyne because of Toynes random vote. So, like me, doesn't see it as obvious. Then, after Toyne explains, says that understands the reasons, but disagrees with them. Keeps vote on, though i'm not sure i'd say its exactly dogged.
Also calls for an explanation from Pryor I believe.

[quote name='House Pryor' post='1695018' date='Feb 21 2009, 13.33']It's good you made a reread, but I fail to see your own opinion on the person. That's why I disapprove rereads without a conclusion.

For now, I'd say we should choose between Hollard and Redwine. I am happy with my current vote but I might switch if needful, within next 1-1.5 hours. After that, I'll have to leave until end of the day, sorry.[/quote]
My conclusion about Leygood is that he seems to avoid the main topics, such as the toyne and yourself. He only mentions them a little bit, and doesn't say much about them, then moves onto a completely different person.

Archived