Pompous introductions

israfel070

[quote name='the Blauer Dragon' post='1692849' date='Feb 19 2009, 16.48']well... I was trying to think of a way to say "I am NOT of [i]the theory that shall not be named[/i]" without actually naming said theory and without limiting the things I am in opposition of to just that one cheesy (though ever so popular) tid-bit... I mean, I not only do not believe that theory, but I am also not a San-San shipper either... So how else could I have said it?[/quote]

Aha, I see. LOL, I thought the reference to cheese had to do with our previous conversations about how much you like drinking animal bodily fluids. I was, like, you hate [i]cheese[/i] but you drink [i]milk[/i]?? Duh. Totally missed the true context!

[quote name='the Blauer Dragon' post='1691603' date='Feb 18 2009, 21.38']For Shae: "Men Call Me..."[/quote]

Actually, I think Shae says something very like this when we first meet her: "My mother called me Shae. Men call me often."

And kudos to whoever it was that said "Men call be Brienne of Tarth. I am of Tarth." She would totally say that, too :thumbsup:

Men call me Sandor's Lady (well, they don't really...) - I am of wasting time at work!

[quote name='Sandor's Lady' post='1695253' date='Feb 21 2009, 14.52']Actually, I think Shae says something very like this when we first meet her: "My mother called me Shae. Men call me often."

And kudos to whoever it was that said "Men call be Brienne of Tarth. I am of Tarth." She would totally say that, too :thumbsup:

Men call me Sandor's Lady (well, they don't really...) - I am of wasting time at work![/quote]
I think you're right... wasn't she responding to Tyrion's 'Men call me the Imp'?

[quote name='israfel070' post='1695295' date='Feb 21 2009, 18.50']I think you're right... wasn't she responding to Tyrion's 'Men call me the Imp'?[/quote]

Actually, now that you say that, I think she was. Hmm... seems Shae and Tyrion were making fun of Darkstar before even [i]knew[/i] about him! :D

(If I weren't at work, I would go find the exact page...)

"Men call me Lord Snow. I am of the North. Watch. Wall. Wildlings. Shit, where was I last night?"
"Men call me Shagga, son of Dolf. Shagga son of Dolf is of the goats that will eat your manhood."
"Men call me Whitebeard. I am of the White. Did I just say that?"
"Men call me Kingslayer. I am of the Kingsguard. Ha-ha, Ironic..."
"Men call me Brienne the Beauty. I am of the Fuglies." What?
"Men call me Tormund. I call myself a lot of things."
"Men call me Ser Piggy. I am of the 'Lord of the Flies' rejects."
"Men call me Darkstar. I am of the named after a John Carpenter film character list."
"Men call me the Red Viper. I am of the phallic symbol."
"Men call me the Hound. I am of the pound." Sometimes I really should resist...

And finally...

"Men call me Bastard Walder. I am one of the good Freys. No, I am the good Frey"

• 2 years later...

Some ADwD related introductions

Men call me Symond and I am of the crust

Men call me Rhaegar and I am of the filling

Men call me Wun Wun and I am of the herbivores

Men call me Ser Axell and I am of the pervs

Men call me Fat Walda and I am of the giggles

Men call me Arya and I am of the brown eyes

Men call me Sea Cow and I am of the hurt feelings

Men call me ugly little girl and I am no one

Men call me Quentyn and I am of the toasted

Men call me bacon and I am of the Penny