Pompous introductions

israfel070

Men call me Arry, Weasel, Nan, Lumpyhead, Salty...damn, am I forgetting some?

Older men call me Sansa, and I think I like it!

Men call me Ilyn Payne. I have to write them back.

Men call me Theon. I am of the jerk.

Men call me Esgred. I call them...brother!

Men call me the Mountain. I am of the improbable genetic mutation. HULK SMASH!

Men call me Dany. I am of the lesbian experimentation.

Men call me Cersei. I am of the Myrish swamp.

Men call me Cersei. I am of the dubious methods of contraception.

[quote name='Ocean of Notions' post='1691240' date='Feb 18 2009, 13.28']You mean older men call her "Little Bird"? :D[/quote]

Well, we have to include the other borderline stalker in her life...half the time I can't decide whether Littlefinger wants to bone her or pretend she's the daughter he never had with Cat. I don't know if he knows either.

Men call me Littlefinger. I am of the unresolved teen angst.

[quote name='UnCersei' post='1691477' date='Feb 18 2009, 19.25']Well, we have to include the other borderline stalker in her life...half the time I can't decide whether Littlefinger wants to bone her or pretend she's the daughter he never had with Cat. I don't know if he knows either.[/quote]

I don't know if she enjoys Littlefinger's advances, though. I think she might be creeped out. Or maybe I'm just terribly creeped out on her behalf. Ugh.

[quote name='Ocean of Notions' post='1691621' date='Feb 18 2009, 19.55']I don't know if she enjoys Littlefinger's advances, though. I think she might be creeped out. Or maybe I'm just terribly creeped out on her behalf. Ugh.[/quote]

Well, if she knows what's good for her, she'll at least [i]pretend[/i] to like it. I mean, Petyr saved her from KL, concealed her identity, and plans to make her an extremely advantageous match. But Littlefinger giveth, and Littlefinger taketh away! So she better be nice to her--how can I make this not sound creepy--"lord father," for the time being at least.

[quote name='UnCersei' post='1691709' date='Feb 18 2009, 23.34']Well, if she knows what's good for her, she'll at least [i]pretend[/i] to like it. I mean, Petyr saved her from KL, concealed her identity, and plans to make her an extremely advantageous match. But Littlefinger giveth, and Littlefinger taketh away! So she better be nice to her--how can I make this not sound creepy--"lord father," for the time being at least.[/quote]

I think she knows enough to be nice and obedient, smile while she gags on the inside. *shivers* I hope she's free from his clutches soon. I don't think I can handle much more of him groping her and forcing kisses on her. I want to mail her a chastity belt with a letter that says "For the love of the gods, PUT THIS ON! I'll mail you the key when it's safe!" I think Baelish is a bit too attached to her to just toss her away. He's got some grand designs for her (politics and body :ack: ).

[quote name='Ocean of Notions' post='1691727' date='Feb 18 2009, 21.52']I think she knows enough to be nice and obedient, smile while she gags on the inside. *shivers* I hope she's free from his clutches soon. I don't think I can handle much more of him groping her and forcing kisses on her. I want to mail her a chastity belt with a letter that says "For the love of the gods, PUT THIS ON! I'll mail you the key when it's safe!" I think Baelish is a bit too attached to her to just toss her away. He's got some grand designs for her (politics and body :ack: ).[/quote]

Poor Sansa. She's pretty much just a piece of meat. Like in a cartoon. All the men in the series look at her and she turns into an sizzling t-bone steak representing either hot teen ass or Winterfell castle.

[quote name='UnCersei' post='1691733' date='Feb 18 2009, 23.56']Poor Sansa. She's pretty much just a piece of meat. Like in a cartoon. All the men in the series look at her and she turns into an sizzling t-bone steak representing either hot teen ass or Winterfell castle.[/quote]

That actually describes her exact position in the series.

I like to think that certain men (... man) don't see her in that way, but those are few and far in between. Some see her as both the sweet teen ass [i]and[/i] Winterfell - that's looking at you, Petyr!

Ironically, during those scenes in the cartoons, the men often turn into wolves in swanky suits salivating all over themselves.

[quote name='Ocean of Notions' post='1691727' date='Feb 19 2009, 00.52']I think she knows enough to be nice and obedient, smile while she gags on the inside. *shivers* I hope she's free from his clutches soon. I don't think I can handle much more of him groping her and forcing kisses on her. I want to mail her a chastity belt with a letter that says "For the love of the gods, PUT THIS ON! I'll mail you the key when it's safe!" I think Baelish is a bit too attached to her to just toss her away. He's got some grand designs for her (politics and body :ack: ).[/quote]
You kidding? Being in the clutches of a sociopath is Sansa's staple. It's why I read her chapters.

[quote name='Bolton Bastard' post='1691745' date='Feb 19 2009, 00.05']You kidding? Being in the clutches of a sociopath is Sansa's staple. It's why I read her chapters.[/quote]

I know you'd like to see her suffer, but I'm not that much of a sadist. :) Even if I disliked her, I still don't think I could handle the creep factor.

[quote name='Bolton Bastard' post='1691754' date='Feb 18 2009, 22.13']Hey I resent that, I'm not Blauer. ;)

But seriously, if she's not in the sociopathic peril what does her story arc have? Possibly the new hubby could be of interest, but as of now LF's all she has to actually have a story.[/quote]

Yeah, as much as I [i]don't[/i] enjoy seeing Sansa suffer, she can't do anything on her own (yet). Hopefully marrying Harry the Heir will allow her to free herself from LF's influences a bit. Although, I am a bit apprehensive that the wedding will ever occur. Tyrion is still alive, for one thing (although I suppose that marriage can be safely annulled).

[quote name='Bolton Bastard' post='1691754' date='Feb 19 2009, 00.13']But seriously, if she's not in the sociopathic peril what does her story arc have? Possibly the new hubby could be of interest, but as of now LF's all she has to actually have a story.[/quote]

I understand Littlefinger's importance in her life as of now, but I'd like her to be rid of him soon and go out and do things on her own. I hope he doesn't get too hands on by the next book and I also hope she doesn't fully cave in to his will (both physical and mental). I'd be so disappointed. It seems like in the ASoIaF universe, what goes around does indeed come around. Hell, it doesn't even need to really go around for something to come around to you. I'm sure Baelish will pay his dues before it's all over. Wouldn't it be sweet if it was in the hands of his protege and new Cat? 'Couldn't have the real thing, so now I have the next best thing; but in the end, she didn't love me either.

I'd be pretty pissed off if people like Baelish and Cersei have a happy ending. It would be quite a defeating message to send: to get ahead, it's okay to ruthlessly trample on everyone. I don't think it's true in real life and I doubt Martin would let that be true in his novels. It almost looks like Martin is setting Sansa up as someone who walks the middle ground. She's kind and genuinely cares about others, but she's also shrewd and plays the game. We'll see in due time.

[quote name='Ocean of Notions' post='1691769' date='Feb 18 2009, 22.22']I understand Littlefinger's importance in her life as of now, but I'd like her to be rid of him soon and go out and do things on her own. I hope he doesn't get too hands on by the next book and I also hope she doesn't fully cave in to his will (both physical and mental). I'd be so disappointed. It seems like in the ASoIaF universe, what goes around does indeed come around. Hell, it doesn't even need to really go around for something to come around to you. I'm sure Baelish will pay his dues before it's all over. Wouldn't it be sweet if it was in the hands of his protege and new Cat? 'Couldn't have the real thing, so now I have the next best thing; but in the end, she didn't love me either.

I'd be pretty pissed off if people like Baelish and Cersei have a happy ending. It would be quite a defeating message to send: to get ahead, it's okay to ruthlessly trample on everyone. I don't think it's true in real life and I doubt Martin would let that be true in his novels. It almost looks like Martin is setting Sansa up as someone who walks the middle ground. She's kind and genuinely cares about others, but she's also shrewd and plays the game. We'll see in due time.[/quote]

Oh man, Cersei is [i]so[/i] headed for a horrible death. At least I like to think so. I want her to suffer for a couple of days at least.

And yes, it'd be excellent if Sansa served Baelish a slice of sweet karma pie sometime in the next three books. Or perhaps he'll have a taste of UnCat's justice. Either way, Sansa should come out on top. I hope Harry the Heir is good to her...we've already had our Joffrey.

Archived