Too fat for fashion?

Lyanna Stark

[quote name='Angalin' post='1690624' date='Feb 18 2009, 10.40']Klum is best known for her Victoria's Secret work and Project Runway. Lagerfeld would no doubt consider any Victoria's Secret model to be deeply unworthy of his catwalk, so it's no surprise that he is rude about her. For reference, I give you Karl Lagerfeld on [url="http://jezebel.com/378030/10-things-karl-lagerfeld-could-do-without"]things he doesn't like[/url]. Food, unsurprisingly, is mentioned first. He also thinks Posh Beckham is cool, probably because (like Patsy from Ab Fab) she only eats once a decade. Eating is démodé. Karl does not do démodé.[/quote]

:lol:

He sounds so incredibly unpleasant. Plus he talks absolute bollocks. The 90s were both intellectual and tacky? Just WTF?

[quote name='Angalin' post='1690624' date='Feb 18 2009, 03.40']Klum is best known for her Victoria's Secret work and Project Runway. Lagerfeld would no doubt consider any Victoria's Secret model to be deeply unworthy of his catwalk, so it's no surprise that he is rude about her. For reference, I give you Karl Lagerfeld on [url="http://jezebel.com/378030/10-things-karl-lagerfeld-could-do-without"]things he doesn't like[/url]. Food, unsurprisingly, is mentioned first. He also thinks Posh Beckham is cool, probably because (like Patsy from Ab Fab) she only eats once a decade. Eating is démodé. Karl does not do démodé.[/quote]

What a negative guy! He seems like such a giant asshole. Then again, most people I've encountered who are highly invested in the fashion industry tend to be some of the most pretentious people ever. But I do have to stand up for Posh Spice. She actually seems really nice from what I've seen of her.

[quote]Let her be fat, I don't give a shit. We can eat appetizers off her belly while I worship her clitoris in the sloppiest of manners. I'll bust out a matchbox car and go off-roading on the mountains of glorious femininity. Fuck these uber-scrawny bulimic freaks of nature whose entire job is to avoid eating food that makes life grand. I don't need to get 'The knee bones connected to the -- meniscus, quite obviously, because I can see the entire fucking outline of your musculature and skeletal system' stuck in my head every time I am about to mount and ride to infinity.[/quote]

That was epic, Stego. :D

[quote name='Bronn Stone' post='1690273' date='Feb 17 2009, 21.11']Great.

Now three people are accusing me of agreeing with something I NEVER THE FUCK AGREED WITH.
[size=4]
READ THE GODDAMNED MOTHERFUCKING POST.[/size][/quote]

*sigh* Bronner, calm down. I was talking tongue in cheek. I agree she looks airbrushed in that picture, but show me a cover that isn't airbrushed, and I'll show you a Jewish pope.

[quote name='Caliban' post='1690316' date='Feb 17 2009, 21.53']I never thought id say this, I agree with Bronn. Klum does look fat.[/quote]

And that is just...priceless. That's something [i]I[/i] would say to bait you, not Caliban. I'm impressed. :P

Seastarr,

[quote name='seastarr' post='1689880' date='Feb 17 2009, 17.02']Oh God, oh God! Don't do it, starr, don't you dare type the words!
I should attach little electric shockers to my fingers for moments like these to deter myself from making posts I shall later regret. But...but...

In the world of runway modelling, HK probably [i]is[/i] too heavy and too busty to walk the runway. Not because of any reason grounded in reality, just because of the twisted aesthetic of the runway. Call it coathanger chic--the designers claim they want the clothes to "hang" on the body. They don't want a body (read: breasts, butt, and hips, read: distinctly female body parts) getting in the way of the art of their clothes.

So, HK's main problem is that she might have eaten in the past two weeks, and to walk the runway, you pretty much can't have eaten in the past two weeks. If you want to model these fetish designers' art, you have to dance on the edge of starvation and dehydration. HK is way too hydrated.

Being truly avant-garde would be to put a model out there who is 5' 5'' and 200 pounds, and design some artful clothing that would make her feel like a goddess and carry herself like a queen.

Loopy Joop seems to have succumbed to the pathetic current trend to see women's clothing as an art entirely separate from the fleshly curve of the (female) body. What an idiot. Don't buy his clothes.[/quote]

I think these designers should simply stop using women as models. Pre-pubescent boys will provide the slim lines they seem to love so much to display their clothing.

:/

[i]I think these designers should simply stop using women as models. Pre-pubescent boys will provide the slim lines they seem to love so much to display their clothing.
[/i]

IAWTC. They obviously don't like the shape of the average woman's bodies so why bother?

N

[quote name='Mya Stone' post='1690757' date='Feb 18 2009, 06.01']Metal is too heavy. It would never pass the weight test. :P[/quote]
:lmao:

That is great Mya.

On topic, I did not read at all what the guy wrote, apparently I did not have to from the responses from the other posters. I know I personally have always liked the models with some meat on them compared to the always so skinny looking ones.

[quote name='Stego' post='1690535' date='Feb 18 2009, 01.34']<----Thinks Heidi Klum is way too skinny, btw.

Hips, ass, breasts, WOMAN! I LOVE A WOMAN! I have no desire to tongue bathe a 14yr old boy strung out on heroin.

Let her be fat, I don't give a shit. We can eat appetizers off her belly while I worship her clitoris in the sloppiest of manners. I'll bust out a matchbox car and go off-roading on the mountains of glorious femininity. Fuck these uber-scrawny bulimic freaks of nature whose entire job is to avoid eating food that makes life grand. I don't need to get 'The knee bones connected to the -- meniscus, quite obviously, because I can see the entire fucking outline of your musculature and skeletal system' stuck in my head every time I am about to mount and ride to infinity.

Fucking nonsense.[/quote]

Man after my own heart, :)

Archived