I hit a guy in the mouth today.

Meili

[quote name='Crazydog7' post='1702922' date='Feb 27 2009, 20.24']What are you going to do if she's not being sarcastic? Sucker punch her?

Wait Mya Stone is a guy? (that was what I was refering to)[/quote]

Nope, I'm a chick. Young Wolf posted as me by accident, and since I think one of his posts got deleted, I don't know if he addressed it, but yeah, we share a computer (engaged and all) and I never log out. He often posts as me, and it's always humorous, since 93% of the shit he says I would never say. (Not to say I don't think what he says, I just don't speak up. :P)

Maybe you overreacted maybe not I am no fan of the sucker punch since personally I would have ripped his arsehole finger off when he went the finger poke!

Not a nice situation though, I mean you have a punch up and your kids are there, they may get hurt. But the other side of it was that you were protecting your kids, maybe not rationally but instinctively. So you have a real catch 22 situation in my mind.

I don't honestly know why folks are still giving him grief about this. He fairly admitted that the guy turned as he was winding up. Besides, I doubt that anyone would be thinking [i]too[/i] clearly under the circumstances. He's probably given it some more thought since then himself.

[quote name='Tears of Lys' post='1703658' date='Mar 1 2009, 11.10']I don't honestly know why folks are still giving him grief about this. He fairly admitted that the guy turned as he was winding up. Besides, I doubt that anyone would be thinking [i]too[/i] clearly under the circumstances. He's probably given it some more thought since then himself.[/quote]
Thats what I mean by the instinct.

[quote name='Barryoto Machida' post='1703179' date='Feb 28 2009, 03.25']If you had continued your initial aggressive reaction we could all agree that you have anger management issues and that you need to try and weigh up the consequences before you act.

If you had been non-confrontational throughout then we could praise you for taking the wisest course of action.

By reacting aggressively, backing down and the sucker punching the other twat then we can clearly say that you acted like a pussy.

Personally, I would more than likely have popped the fella or at least taken him down, held him down and had a few words with him. I can accept that I have aggression issues and I don't feel the need to come on to the internet to try and get my actions justified by others because inside I know I acted like a twat but can't come to terms with it. Why did you even post this thread, to brag?[/quote]

Yeah, I should have popped the guy, straddled him and then had a Dr. Phil moment. Oh, and the kids are inside the QT crying but wait, <Chuck Norris> barry is on the scene and everything ends all happy in Walker Texas Ranger....... I said I hit the dude while he wasn't expecting it. You said you are basically the guru of fighting. Who is the bragging shit now?

[quote name='Meili' post='1702973' date='Feb 27 2009, 21.33']Ominous? Did you read the previous post? I of course knew it was sarcastic but I pointed out it was overly the top sarcasm and rude. You A). Think you have all internet protocol down to the letter and can lecture at will. B) Think you know a person's character by a forum discussion in between WoW games and C) usually are the first to insult and spoil for a fight.
I want people to disagree and would rather them agree, I just don't want to be called an asshole, prick, violent psycho and a bad parent in one thread man. Is that so hard to get?

If I said I love you and wanted to donate a kidney to you would you take that as an insult too? Because I will man. Clinic near you? Let's build a bridge man. Trust me we'll tear it down later but I have had a rough day, cut me some slack.[/quote]

Do you read these posts one at a time or something? At 21.17 I thought we were good then not even 20 minutes later this Bullcrap? Seriously dude pick a mood of the day.

As for this A). Think you have all internet protocol down to the letter and can lecture at will. Having spent some time on the internet I can say yes. I mean seriously don't we all think we have the internet protocol down?

B) Think you know a person's character by a forum discussion in between WoW games. WOW Jesus now you're not only insulting people's intelligence you're insulting there chose of recreational activities? For the record no, I don't do massive multiplayer games.
C) usually are the first to insult and spoil for a fight. Actually I have usually been accused of the opposite holding the anger in.

Do I still get the kidney? I assume we're talking kidney beans and not human kidney's?

[quote name='Meili' post='1703751' date='Mar 1 2009, 06.28']Yeah, I should have popped the guy, straddled him and then had a Dr. Phil moment. Oh, and the kids are inside the QT crying but wait, <Chuck Norris> barry is on the scene and everything ends all happy in Walker Texas Ranger....... I said I hit the dude while he wasn't expecting it. You said you are basically the guru of fighting. Who is the bragging shit now?[/quote]

Admittedly, barry is way too ugly to look like Walker.

[quote name='Barryoto Machida' post='1703910' date='Mar 1 2009, 15.31']I am going to Dragon Punch you next time I see you.

From behind.[/quote]

You and the OP could become mates for life!!

[quote name='Tears of Lys' post='1703658' date='Mar 1 2009, 02.40']I don't honestly know why folks are still giving him grief about this. He fairly admitted that the guy turned as he was winding up. Besides, I doubt that anyone would be thinking [i]too[/i] clearly under the circumstances. He's probably given it some more thought since then himself.[/quote]

I think your interpretation would paint an even worse picture. It would mean that that guy has a serious anger managment issue. I would recommend intensive counceling, possibly including the kids. This would help the guy with his issues and might correct the wrong ideas, his kids might have gotten from this incident.

The following is providing everything went down exactly the way you said it did.

*You should NOT have said "what the fuck" at the start. Your mouth is your best punch initially and who can say if this might have changed the circumstances completely.

*He was a jerk to a kid even after he realised what he did was probably wrong.

*If anyone should have walked away it should have been him. Instead he challenged you with the threat of violence in front of your kids.

*You tried to defuse things by backing down, he took it as an opportunity to gloat instead of walk, which brings me to the point..

*He might have turned around and hit you anyway after his smirk. Your back down disarmed him and then you finished the asshole.

*If you'd tried lecturing him about common courtesy and abusing a father in front of his kids, there's every chance he would have seen that as an excuse to assault you. Believe me I've tried reasoning with some people and it gets them angrier. Having said that there's a difference between reasoning people when they're still calm and when they're finger poking you in the chest.

Can you say that he definately would have walked off after he felt he'd backed you down or would he have spun around and dropped you in front of your children? What would have left them more traumatised?

If this guy is prepared to get physical with a father in front of his children then he's probably been down this road before. He deserves whatever he's got coming to him.

I've always liked what Gene Hackman tells a young Wyatt in the Kevin Costner flick. Listen to the first minute. Yeah it's just a fucking flick but the words are based on what Wyatt's father apparently told him in real life. Obviously your kids are a bit young for such a speech, but maybe oneday they'll understand what dad did.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpded6yHtd4"]Wyatt Earp Trailer[/url]

[quote name='OldLordPlumm' post='1704159' date='Mar 1 2009, 17.12']I've always liked what Gene Hackman tells a young Wyatt in the Kevin Costner flick. Listen to the first minute. Yeah it's just a fucking flick but the words are based on what Wyatt's father apparently told him in real life. Obviously your kids are a bit young for such a speech, but maybe oneday they'll understand what dad did.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpded6yHtd4"]Wyatt Earp Trailer[/url][/quote]

That Gene Hackman line pretty much sums up how I feel about the whole incident. I reflected a lot on what I could have done differently and have come to the conclusion I wouldn't have changed a thing except maybe hitting a bit harder. I haven't done anything spectacular or changed the world in anyway, but I knocked an asshole out. I figure I'll chalk that up to a good day.

For the psychoanalysts here, the kids are fine. Doing great. Sissy has a bruise but a bruise to a two year old is expected and she doesn't even know it's there. My older daughter, who didn't even see the punch because she was inside the store, is pretty happy the guy who hurt her sister got punched and was on the ground when we left. But knowing her, it will be out of mind tomorrow, just a faded story and she'll be asking for more Polly Pockets. At least until the next person hurts one of my kids.

Guest Raidne
I'd feel a lot better if you had said "until the next person hurts one of my kids" [i]and[/i] is an utterly unreasonable asshole about it/gets in my face and tries to pick a fight with me about it/etc.

Archived