Cockblocking

DJDonegal

[quote name='Shryke' post='1701893' date='Feb 26 2009, 21.47']I ashamed of so many of you. But in the best way possible. (Especially Myshkin)

But seriously, just get a fucking GF. It's like a [b]continuous supply of sex. You don't have to lie or add liquor it to make it pay out.[/b][/quote]

...you're not married, are you?

[quote name='MinDonner' post='1702067' date='Feb 27 2009, 07.14']Plus, there's also the issue of drink-spiking, or its more socially-acceptable cousin getting-her-drunk-enough (which is basically the same thing) - we girls have to look after our mates, cos there are a lot of evil fucks out there.

The whole concept of cock-blocking pisses me off, actually. What, you think you have a proprietory claim on the girl because you got there first? Fuck off. If you were that great then she'd be talking to you instead of that other guy.[/quote]

I can handle the guys who talk to girls I'm talking to. What I have a problem with is the guys who when moving to another location, fail to get the simple singles like "go the fuck home" and stay, making the whole situation incredibly awkward and impossible to consumate.

[quote name='Lord O' Bones' post='1701810' date='Feb 26 2009, 21.39']Great. Now I'm picturing Mash picturing some couple just about to do the deed when some drunk asshole comes flying out of nowhere to slap his cock away, NBA style.

Rejected![/quote]
:rofl:

Nice.

[quote name='Balefont' post='1702088' date='Feb 27 2009, 06.58']ETA: I was already married before I was old enough (technically) to go out to bars. So instead, I'd act as the guy magnet, because I knew I was going home to my husband, I knew I'd have nothing to lose (ego-wise) by chatting it up with the hotties at the bar. My friends were a bit less outgoing, at least in the initial reeling in of potentials, so I'd get the guys into the circle with some conversation. Then, I'd eventually hand them off to my friends.[/quote]

You are a beautiful, beautiful human being. If only more people were just like you, I might have a chance at bars. :cheers:

BTW, I was at a club the other night for a concert and went with my sister. She managed to cockblock me. How the hell do you address that with your sister?! (the band was Flogging Molly, my sis and I both really enjoy them)

Re: Myshkin

[quote name='Myshkin' post='1701915' date='Feb 27 2009, 00.05']I make six digits, baby.[/quote]

Did you lose your other 4 fingers in a military accident?

Re: Lightning Lord

[quote]BTW, I was at a club the other night for a concert and went with my sister. She managed to cockblock me. How the hell do you address that with your sister?! (the band was Flogging Molly, my sis and I both really enjoy them)[/quote]

Oh, wait, your sister is a lesbian?

[quote name='TerraPrime' post='1702183' date='Feb 27 2009, 09.34']Oh, wait, your sister is a lesbian?[/quote]

Just meant it in the sense that she came over while I was talking to a girl (who I probably had no chance with anyway) and started telling some embarrassing things about me. Sometimes I can turn that kind of thing into humor, but in this case it just went on. She wasn't trying to pick up the girl. (my sister is married and has 2 kids)

I always understood "cockblocking" as halting a guy's progress with a girl, not necessarily with the intent to pursue said girl.

[quote name='Shryke' post='1701893' date='Feb 26 2009, 21.47']But seriously, just get a fucking GF. It's like a continuous supply of sex. You don't have to lie or add liquor it to make it pay out.[/quote]

[quote name='King James' post='1702124' date='Feb 27 2009, 05.55']...you're not married, are you?[/quote]

Maybe he just has a better girlfriend than you do?

Once or twice I have (along with other mates) purposely engaged the attention of friends who were far too drunk and were clearly embarrassing themselves. It was definitely the right thing to do in those cases.

I don't know if this counts as cockblocking, because the dude in question was being such a dick that I don't think he was ever going to get any. I'm pretty sure he felt that I'd cockblocked him, though.
There was one time, years ago, my mates and I were out in a pub and a douchebag tried to join us. I knew he was a douchebag because the first thing he tried to do was try to convince us how awesome he was: making references to the amount of money he made (we were poor students at the time) and this awesome brand new phone he had, belittling a mate of mine for have a tatty old phone. We ignored him and he went over to the table next to us to try the same thing with a group of girls.
He wasn't having much success there either and it became clear that a few of them were getting annoyed with his feeble attempts to impress.
Eventually he tried to do a trick where he offers a 20euro note to any one who could take the flattened out note without touching or knocking over the empty beer bottle which he'd placed upside-down on top of it.
He had no takers at first and was trying to get people to show how they were unable to do it before he would "dazzle" us with his brilliance at performing the feat himself.
I had a few pints in me at the time and had a brainwave and told a mate that I thought I knew how to do it, he encouraged me and I stood up to have a go.
With everyone watching, I grabbed an empty pint glass, jammed it over the bottle and whipped out the note.
Everyone - except Mr. Vain, of course - roared and cheered, which felt pretty awesome.
I was still busy though. I had to be very careful so that I could rebalance the bottle and take off the pint glass without the bottle tipping over.

Amusingly, the guy was really upset by my display. Proclaiming that I'd not done it right and had "cheated", despite clearly fulfilling the terms of the wager. He demanded the note back and set out to show us how it *should* be done, by really, really slowly rolling up the note until it edged the bottle off the note.
The crowd decided that his method sucked ass and he sulked off with his tail between his legs.

Cheap bastard didn't even let me keep the money.

Amusingly, my girlfriend and I ended up scoring each other due to a failed cockblock (by the definition used in this thread). We were out in the pub together; I had become convinced that she only wanted us to be friends but was trying to pluck up the (dutch) courage to tell her that I was interested in her and see how the chips fell.
The night went on and we were getting pretty drunk and really enjoying ourselves, but I hadn't manned up yet when some guys sit next to us and one starts to chat her up, which I wasn't terribly impressed with.
Anyway, a combination of me feeling like I might lose out and her not being interested in the guy at all sort of lead us to holding hands and trying to exclude him, which led on to it become obvious to both of us that the other [b]was[/b] interested in us :)

[quote]The whole concept of cock-blocking pisses me off, actually. What, you think you have a proprietory claim on the girl because you got there first? Fuck off. If you were that great then she'd be talking to you instead of that other guy.[/quote]
Min,
I can't say that I find the concept too charming myself, but I'm not sure it's always as clear cut as that. It'd be great if it was, but it's not unheard of for drunk guys who are not getting the message to keep hanging around, thinking they are "in" and spoiling the evening for the other two people.
Also, doesn't it fit in with women who are unable to get away with guys and so ensure that they have a mate to "rescue" them?
Anyway, no to proprietary claims and yes to stopping some people from embarrassing themselves and saving other people from people they want to leave them alone, I say.

I find it noteworthy that some guys seem to think that its more usual for a "guardian angel"'s motivation to be jealous at not getting enough than being concerned about their friends.

[quote name='MinDonner' post='1702067' date='Feb 27 2009, 07.14']The whole concept of cock-blocking pisses me off, actually. What, you think you have a proprietory claim on the girl because you got there first? Fuck off. If you were that great then she'd be talking to you instead of that other guy.[/quote]

Cockblocking isn't always someone trying to steal the girl away. Often it's just your friend(s) being bastards and screwing up your chances, with no intention to pursue the girl themselves.

Like LL's situation, for instance, where his sister comes over and starts telling embarrassing stories or the like.

There are female cockblocker, or vagblockers, whatever you want to call them. I have experienced the following.

So, there you are, out with your girlfriends, you didn't go out necessarily looking to get laid, or find a boyfriend or anything, but you see a good looking guy. You two start chatting up and you are starting to think that this night might become much more interesting. Then, your desperate friend comes over and starts asking him all sorts of embarassing questions, telling him exagerated stories about you and your ex, and flirting with him. He gets weirded out by her behavior and decides that it is not worth it and makes a hasty retreat. So, not only did you miss out on a possible fun makeout or hot onenight stand, but now this guy is probably telling all of his buddies about the two crazy chics. :tantrum:

[quote name='DJDonegal' post='1701745' date='Feb 26 2009, 21.58']Imagine the situation. You're in a bar. You've had a few beers to get that dutch courage going and finally make your way over to that girl in the black dress. She isn't necessarily hot, but it's been a long time and you're worried about the friction burns your right hand man has been compaining about for a couple of weeks now.[/quote]

Yes, I can imagine the situation. You make it clear that you're not attracted to her, you don't care anything about her, you just want to get your dick wet--preferably followed by a clean getaway and never seeing her again.

You can tell yourself that that's what she wants to. It's possible. But if you really believed that you would probably cut to the chase "you look pretty clean, wanna have sex?"

My bet is that you don't use any kind of signal that you just want to use her as a Kleenex to spare your aching wrist. It seems more likely that you attempt to seem interested in her and figure if she didn't pick up on your true motives that's her problem--you never promised her a relationship.

[quote]Also not to be underestimated: the female friend of the target cock block. "We came out together, and we are going home together." FUCK! Just because you have a boyfriend or didn't find an interested party tonight is no reason to fuck up my day. I've probably invested some time into this, and now its wasted, a whole evening and god knows how many drinks... right down the toilet[/quote]

Right! Because getting to know her is a complete waste of time. You don't care what her major is or what she's planning to do over the break. Hanging out with this chick has absolutely no value if it doesn't end in an orgasm.

[quote]Tao is not a bad looking guy, and I've seen him pull some gorgeous chicks, but he just doesn't care. He will go for anything. Anything.[/quote]

Any[b]Thing[/b]. Do I really need to state the obvious?

[quote]Every man in the history of the world has done this. And those who haven't are liars or virgins.[/quote]

I'm sure you want to believe this. That way you don't have to examine your own behavior too closely. 'Everybody does it so why should I feel bad?'

[quote]Also see the "shit scrape", which is basically when an unwanted person is paying too much attention to you, and you manage to pass them off on one of the types of people like the gentlemen mentioned above (who have very low standards).[/quote]

What a flattering metaphor. How would you feel if your sister was the "shit" in this scenario? Is being unattractive really such a crime that she deserves such treatment?

[quote]Lest things get out of hand I think that most of the posts in this thread are from the perspective of the single guy who meets a girl that he digs at a bar[/quote]

No, I don't think that's what this is about.

[quote]This isn't about objectification, this is about trying to get laid.[/quote]

I'm experiencing some cognitive dissonance here. So the object is the pussy and the woman is the Keeper of the Pussy who must be negotiated with in order to obtain entrance? Something like that.

[quote]Nothing about this is going to be for her benefit. If a guy is trying to get her number more power to him, if he's trying to get her up stairs protectiveness kicks into over drive.[/quote]

Well said. It bears repeating: [i]Nothing about this is going to be for her benefit.[/i]

I can appreciate that this thread is meant to be good locker room fun and I don't relish being the party pooper. Flirting is fun. I don't want to deny anyone the fun of pursuing the opposite sex.

I understand that a man who just wants to get laid doesn't want to be an asshole douche and that his preference would be to enjoy the pursuit and the victory with everybody having a good time and no one getting hurt.

The world doesn't work like that.

Men get hurt when a woman relagates him to the Friend Zone and women get hurt when a man comes on like he's really attracted to her then treats her like a disease the next day.

Don't hide behind bullshit rationales. Don't tell yourself "she just wants to get laid too" when you don't know that.

If you're thinking "you're not that attractive but I want to get laid and you look like an easy mark" then you're a douche. Just admit it. You're the real cockblocker because your treatment of women is the reason women have to guard so rigorously and turn down perfectly good guys for fear that he may turn out to be you.

Most 22 year old men should just be grateful that most 22 year old women don't know what the men are thinking.

[quote name='Brady' post='1701824' date='Feb 26 2009, 23.55']Some sort of homo-erotic Top Gun-esque scenario I'd imagine. Shirtless all male volleyball ... without the volleyball net. Or the volleyball.[/quote]

Bingo!

Much more interesting than the actual definition.

[quote name='Brady' post='1701777' date='Feb 26 2009, 22.18']I bet that Jacen guy is a cock blocker.[/quote]
[quote name='S John' post='1701780' date='Feb 26 2009, 22.20']I get that vibe too.[/quote]

Litechick is right, you are all dogs with no class.

(Picture Achamian at the end of TTFT)

I REPUDIATE Brady as a false friend, a cold opportunist, abuser of the PM function, and in general a foul deceiver!

I RENOUNCE S.John as an imposter Redneck, and Bro! Breaker of the covenant of mantasy!

[i]
walks away[/i]

Great post, litechick. I would, however, like to add that any woman who cared about all the things you've mentioned, wouldn't be found dead in a situation like that. The girls that do, imo, deserve the derision - as do the ballers that get their hats handed to them when the deal falls through.

Not saying girls at a bar deserve this kind of treatment. Yet, I wonder if maybe they don't mind it or they even like it so that's why the are there, in that situation, in the first place. Cuz some times a girl just wants to get laid, too.

I dunno, Bale. If I go out to a bar or a club with my friends its because I want to go out with my friends, not because I want to be picked up, or am looking to pick someone up. I suppose it depends on the type of place you are going to to begin with, aka avoiding known meat markets.

[quote name='litechick' post='1702306' date='Feb 27 2009, 17.32']You can tell yourself that that's what she wants to. It's possible. But if you really believed that you would probably cut to the chase "you look pretty clean, wanna have sex?"[/quote]
Well, I think, being fair, that if the lady in question did want just sex, asking that question would in heavy likelihood be a turn off.

A minor nitpick, as for everything else in your post, I say :agree: :cheers:

Archived