World of Warcraft

Fenryng

Thanks Fen :)

Stego, my first question this morning was going to be about an addon for the slam proc, thanks.
I went to fury warrior school last night. I snagged my favourite fury warrior and we practiced on training dummies together. My first try was crap, and my second go I was pulling about 2.3 k DPS which is a good start since I havent been fury since lvl 55 over a year ago.

Here's my problem, I'm really hoping you guys can shed some light on it. He didnt understand why my DPS was so low, so we did a test. We auto attacked the dummy. And he does 3x the DPS I do, just with auto attack. We have the same spec (I used his for practice), I have better weapons, and he has better gear otherwise. He has about 150 more AP and 5% more crit. I was a little low on hit, so I made a new hat, and it has no gems. In fact, I think I logged out in DPS gear.... Yup here I am, [url="http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Rhaenerys"]Rhae the pretend fury warrior[/url]. So can anyone shed some light on why the other guy triples me in auto attack DPS?

on a side note, I'm looking forward to being a part time fury warrior in 3.1, but I'm also really looking forward to going back to tanking on the weekend!

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1702339' date='Feb 27 2009, 13.02']Thanks Fen :)

Stego, my first question this morning was going to be about an addon for the slam proc, thanks.
I went to fury warrior school last night. I snagged my favourite fury warrior and we practiced on training dummies together. My first try was crap, and my second go I was pulling about 2.3 k DPS which is a good start since I havent been fury since lvl 55 over a year ago.

Here's my problem, I'm really hoping you guys can shed some light on it. He didnt understand why my DPS was so low, so we did a test. We auto attacked the dummy. And he does 3x the DPS I do, just with auto attack. We have the same spec (I used his for practice), I have better weapons, and he has better gear otherwise. He has about 150 more AP and 5% more crit. I was a little low on hit, so I made a new hat, and it has no gems. In fact, I think I logged out in DPS gear.... Yup here I am, [url="http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Rhaenerys"]Rhae the pretend fury warrior[/url]. So can anyone shed some light on why the other guy triples me in auto attack DPS?

on a side note, I'm looking forward to being a part time fury warrior in 3.1, but I'm also really looking forward to going back to tanking on the weekend![/quote]

it's probably his gear. gear scales like crazy.

also your spec is a lil weird (esp 5 pts in Deflection), check out this one

[url="http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Mal%27Ganis&n=Mouz"]http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents...anis&n=Mouz[/url]

for max dps

edit - Also, im pretty your hit Cap is 9%, so u can scale down on hit a little esp if u use hit food for raids.

I guess I could link Dag to compare, I dont think he'd mind. Also I meant to put a point in anger management and screwed it up :) Can you tell me what's weird about my spec? It's pretty much the same as the one Stego linked, I see that guy has a few small changes.

I'm raiding tonight as DPS so I have to go with this gear even if I'm over hit.

[url="http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Dagdagan"]This[/url] is my teacher's gear.

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1702363' date='Feb 27 2009, 13.14']I guess I could link Dag to compare, I dont think he'd mind. Also I meant to put a point in anger management and screwed it up :) Can you tell me what's weird about my spec? It's pretty much the same as the one Stego linked, I see that guy has a few small changes.

[url="http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Dagdagan"]This[/url] is my teacher's gear.[/quote]

i edited my above post with a lil more explanation.

his gear is way better than yours. 7% crit is pretty huge. He's also a BS, which helps him greatly (oh wait so are you =P). I wouldnt worry about white attacks on dummies when you have blue gear on. get your rotation down and when you get gear your DPS will even out.

Guest thebadlady
I downloaded the installer all night and it errored out this morning. I can't find my disks so I am going to buy a battlechest. grrrr. This is stupid - I actually feel like leveling! I realized I simply had to make this work because I need to go to a shammie trainer. How stupid.

[quote name='thebadlady' post='1702399' date='Feb 27 2009, 13.40']I downloaded the installer all night and it errored out this morning. I can't find my disks so I am going to buy a battlechest. grrrr. This is stupid - I actually feel like leveling! I realized I simply had to make this work because I need to go to a shammie trainer. How stupid.[/quote]

This really sounds familiar to what I went through last month. I think that you will find even if you acquire new discs you'll probably still have the same issue. Even when I installed using my discs, I would get errors when patching the game client up to the current version. I also experienced your problems with the digital downloader in installing the files. Or the installer itself would crash. It sucks. Probably you have some bad hardware although I couldn't say what because I never figured out what was the issue with my laptop, and really on a laptop replacing hardware is not the easiest thing anyway.

My point here is you may not find that the battle chest purchase is helpful and may just want to spare that expense. Not that it's a grand expense, but you know.

Good luck.

Guest thebadlady
Thanks Mack. I probably have a bad memory card, but I want to play while I get it fixed. Wait, that won't happen will it? *sigh* I just want it all to work!

Blue, he has more haste and crit.

That probably explains it.

The shout buffs are pretty useless in a real raid. You're going to have pally buffs.

ETA: Andy, you don't deserve to make a thread like this yet.

In a 10-man, the buff situation is less certain. If you're going to have a paladin with Imp Might who isn't busy throwing Kings on you, skip the talent. Possibly even if he doesn't have improved.

Or you could be in a 25-man like the one I did deal with (and got my 7.25 gloves in); where the raid leader demands that "some warrior" battle shout, so that no paladin had to spend on reagents. I rolled my eyes. I took my glove token. And I decided not to run with that guy again.

Guest thebadlady
Does anyone read the battlechest books? (If you want to, pst and I will ship em to ya) I started reading one because a bitch had nothing better to do while installing - get this goldz!

Pick yo class, in a nutshell:

[b]Class[/b] [b]Major aspects of Play[/b] [b]Personality leaning[/b]
Druid Flexibility, Healing People who like change
Hunter Survival, Pulling, Intervention Those who hold back from direct contact
Mage Crowd control, range, fast life/fast death The fearless
Paladin Cannot be killed easily, the healer who won't die People who hate losing
Priest Massive healing and group support Supporters
Rogue Sudden damage, many stuns, high preparation Aggressive players
Shaman Spec can lead to high melee, ranged damage, All types
or healing, many paths to succede
Warlock Tougher than they look, Major utility options, Those who love to win
gods of attrition warfare
Warrior Grab immense aggro, hamper enemies, Leaders
requires skill and gear to show their ultimate
beauty

WoW says I should be a drood?? I can't drood!

Guest thebadlady
I wasted fifteen minutes of my life formatting that post. *sulks*

OMG, the amount of time needed to patch makes me bleed from my vagina on purpose. Two hours for one patch!!

Hoping that a clean install of all WoW, BC, LK then patching will resolve the issue. I did diganostics with Dell all day and nothing showed up. If this doesn't fix it I am gonna bring the damn thing to the geek squad and admit failure.

[quote name='thebadlady' post='1702985' date='Feb 27 2009, 22.01']If this doesn't fix it I am gonna bring the damn thing to the geek squad and admit failure.[/quote]
Before doing that you might try a few things like MemTest86, which is free and will tell you if you have a memory issue.

Guest thebadlady
[quote name='Inigima' post='1703001' date='Feb 27 2009, 21.49']Before doing that you might try a few things like MemTest86, which is free and will tell you if you have a memory issue.[/quote]

I have used memtest86, windows built in memory tester, and dell's full computer diagnostics. Bringing it in to the geek squad would just give me the excuse to get Dell to give me a computer that works. They never trust that you aren't stupid, which sucks because I have done everydamntest alive. I am frustrated with my impotence.

Archived