World of Warcraft

Fenryng

[url="http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=4836"]OmniCC[/url]
[url="http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7158-Quartz-ModularCastingBar.html"]Quartz[/url] is a cast bar timer it has a built in dot timer. There are probably more beefy dot timers out there though

if you're a clicker, you'll perform much worse than someone who isn't. If you want to improve your performance - well, that's the big one right there.

So that macro will stop casting, disable any error messages, use both your trinket slots, reenable errors and cast your spell. Is that what you want? I don't personally like blowing my trinkets whenever, but it's useful if you forget them.

[quote name='Ghost of Nymeria' post='1722169' date='Mar 17 2009, 11.02']Yeah, you're gonna want to run away from him on heroic. xD[/quote]

I have done it once on Heroic where we all just stand on him and heal through the lightning nova or whatever it is. Got an acheivement for downing him in under 2 minutes as will (I think that was it). I believe we may have lost our mage doing ti that way, but the rest of us survived.

I likewise don't believe in blowing trinkets automatically on cooldown, though I recognize that I'm bad about popping clicky trinket and cooldowns, and need to use them more heavily.

This results in something of a bias towards proc trinkets; I prefer the controllable ones, except that I know I get much more uptime from the proc ones and thus I tend towards using those. I need to make a project of triggering my cooldowns and trinkets more regularly.

Clicker hate is overblown.

I'm a hybrid that has binds and clicks. I use the mouse to move as DPS and in PVP, but I use the keys to move as a tank, and that's the only smart way to be, IMO.

I may be reading this wrong, and please correct me if I am but am I seeing zero flametongue being dropped and wrath of air dropped once, maybe twice? I can understand not dropping WF and Strength of Earth since the raid has a couple of DKs, and no stoneskin because of devotion aura, presumably, but this really strikes me to be lazy shaman to neglect the other totems they could be dropping that would buff the entire raid.

Billy, Zerdan has his best weapon in his offhand. And has a weapon chain on it.

He is using AP gems as opposed to strength.

He is a smith, but doesn't have the extra gem slots.

He has no enchant on his head.

We have some nubs in our raid, but this is pretty bad.

[quote]I dunno, I've spoken with several people from the guild who are clickers and I'm pretty sure they're decent. How will I perform worse by clicking? I'm a caster, so I ALWAYS have my mouse hovering right there, and I have a laptop so I don't see how I would be quicker using keystrokes...[/quote]It's mostly the situational awareness. The clickers I've known - especially the DPS ones - do fine when they're just standing there but if they have to watch for moving out of things, they die. Because they're sitting there hovering on the mouse. But really, do what works for you. I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

[quote]The macro was supposed to, as far as I understand it, cast my trinkets anytime I cast those spells and disable any eerror sounds if the trinket isn't off its cooldown yet. I didn't write it. Does it not do that?[/quote]It does that. I was just saying that you might not want to always use your trinkets whenever they're up. There are some fights where you want to save them for a specific time (like when you get buffed on Thaddius is a good example) - you don't want to use your trinkets when you're not fully charged.

[quote]I'm a hybrid that has binds and clicks. I use the mouse to move as DPS and in PVP, but I use the keys to move as a tank, and that's the only smart way to be, IMO.[/quote]You use the keys to move as a tank? You're a keyboard turner? Wow. That's...downright shocking.

I use keys to physically move left and right, the mouse to move forward/back, the mouse to turn and change my camera, and keybindings for basically anything I might use while tanking. I will click on some not-often used things, but anything that I can expect to use regularly is bound. All my attacks, cooldown abilities, pots are all bound. All of my OOC buffs are unbound. Rez is unbound, though I'm toying with making it bound now.

I'm sure folks can be really successful doing whatever if they're good players. Some of our consistently better players are clickers, though they also tend to be the ones that die in fires quite a bit. My personal experience was that it sped up my reaction time significantly to not have to press things on a button, but if it works, awesome.

I've developed a weird hybrid technique.

I steer and move the camera with my mouse. I move forward and backward with W and S

I click on totems. I press autoattack, stormstrike, earthshock, etc.

I have have frost shock bound to button 4 purge, to button 5 for PvP Hex is bound to Z
most other stuff I click.

Clicking can hurt you when:
- You lose time dragging the mouse back and forth notable distances as part of your rotation (mitigated pretty well by arranging the buttons well)
- If it interferes with your movement
- If it interferes with your targeting
- If it pulls your eyes to your actionbars and away from the action

I've always been a keyboard user, to the point where I actually run into trouble if I start typing during a fight; I can't click for it. I have, however, previously used clicking for my emergency buttons. The number of times I died because I tried to reach over and click on Last Stand but was too slow is incalculable.

Archived