The ASOIAF wiki thread

Onion Knight

Concerning Lew Piper

<quote>

"I'm Lewys Piper, if it please my lord."

"I beat your brother bloody in a melee once. The runty little fool took offense when I asked him if that was his sister dancing naked on his shield."

"She's the sigil of our House. We don't have a sister."

</quote>

Is he Marq's little brother? Would he not have said it was the daughter of Lord Clement or some such thing if he was not the son of Lord Clement. Also in his corner is I doubt that Ser Jaime would take a cousin of Lord Clement and Ser Marq as his squire. So I put the question out there, is he a younger son of Lord Clement?

Edited by The Pale Griffin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this was asked before but did you guys go through and updated/changed the coat of arms of some houses? I noticed the that striding huntsman of Tarly is no longer striding, but riding and shooting a composite horse bow very much like a Dothraki.

Thank you for the compliment.

I did not make the Tarly coat of arms on the wiki as I could not find anything (without copyright) that resembles a striding huntsman. PL is probably right; someone may have read "riding" in stead of "striding". I posted a remark to the creator about this.

As long as we do not have a better coat of arms I suggest we leave the current one in place.

Thank you for the compliment.

I did not make the Tarly coat of arms on the wiki as I could not find anything (without copyright) that resembles a striding huntsman. PL is probably right; someone may have read "riding" in stead of "striding". I posted a remark to the creator about this.

As long as we do not have a better coat of arms I suggest we leave the current one in place.

I agree.

That's funny :D I used the same but with a spear instead of a knife ^^

If you have trouble with a coat of arms, remember that LGDN's ones are under Creative Commons License and that you can use parts or figure of them freely if you need to.

I don't know if this was something I shouldn't have done but I did it as a learning tool for my friends.

As we watch the show I have friends that haven't read the books. So I have to explain travels of characters and where they are in the realm. I got tired of using the HBO version of the map (which is pretty but not very good) and so I used the map from the books. But then I got tired of using two separate maps all the time. Hence I took both maps, cleaned them up, combined them and through some GIMP work made them match, smoothed out errors and matched and fixed up the borders. I still have "Map by James Sinclair" clearly at the bottom for his credit. I also renamed it on top.

Any ways I have looked through lots of locations and have never seen a map like this. So I'm presenting it to this forum (being the largest one) as an image that could possibly be put in the Wiki and used as a guide or reference. I don't have a Wiki account so I'll leave it up to someone who knows what they are doing.

westeroscomplete.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I hope the fans and community can use this.

Cheers.

Edited by Kilroy

Caught a tiny mistake.

Jarman Buckwell survived the Battle of the Fist of the First Men and was one of the few to return to Castle Black. This is correct, and the wiki says so when you read about him.

However, if you go to the Night's Watch page where all the brothers are listed, it says he was killed at the Fist.

This Wednesday, during GRRM's visit in Warsaw, I interviewed him for "Nowa Fantastyka" magazine and I had an opportunity to ask him about Davos Seaworth's fate.

SPOILERAccording to Martin, Davos is alive and he will take part in events of ADwD.END OF SPOILER

This Wednesday, during GRRM's visit in Warsaw, I interviewed him for "Nowa Fantastyka" magazine and I had an opportunity to ask him about Davos Seaworth's fate.

SPOILERAccording to Martin, Davos is alive and he will take part in events of ADwD.END OF SPOILER

Good stuff. We did already know that, though. GRRM's read out the first two Davos chapters at conventions, and because AFFC and ADWD take place simultaneously those chapters take place before he meets the alleged fate Cersei was told about in AFFC. We don't know whether he survives beyond that point, though.

On the Jaqen page on the wiki the pic is of the man who i thought was Rorge. Was the man in the hood not Jaqen?

I just thought this. The guy in the hood was clearly Jaqen, since that gives them the freedom to cast whoever they want for the role in Season 2. So that needs to come down.

Because the men other men were not missing a nose I assumed that the hooded man must be Rorge. The man in front had curly hair and a scar, which matches the description of Jaqen (after his transformation but never the less). So I thought he must be Jaqen.

But I guess not showing the guy has some benefits for HBO as you pointed out.

Anybody a good reference?

I'm actually sceptical that the other men are Rorge and Biter, since if HBO went to the expense of hiring 'proper' actors for them it'd make sense to give them some lines to justify the cost (like they did with Hot Pie and Lommy Greenhands), and if they're extras here and replaced by proper actors next year, that'd be odd.

I think the rule to follow there is that since the three characters in the cage are not identified in the TV show, we shouldn't leap to conclusions. Until we find someone from the production saying, "Oh yeah, they're meant to be...", I wouldn't assign characters to any of the actors where they're not clearly identified.

Were videos not released of a Jaqen audition for season 2? Does this mean that he was not cast properly for s1 so they kept him hidden by a hood. Also does the man in the pic not have a scared nose? They could have decided he just has a scared nose rather than missing one to save on cost

Were videos not released of a Jaqen audition for season 2? Does this mean that he was not cast properly for s1 so they kept him hidden by a hood. Also does the man in the pic not have a scared nose? They could have decided he just has a scared nose rather than missing one to save on cost

That could be although it would be confusing. After his transformation Jaqen has a scar on his nose (and curly hair besides!)

Sounds a lot like a description of the man in front.

Anybody find a reference?

I only found speculation. Most of it that Jaqen is hooded man and some that he is the man in front.

Btw had any luck with the pictures yet?

Edited by Scafloc