World of Warcraft

Stego

Patch downloaded, specs paid for and created. I'm 18/53 for PvE and 60/0/11 for PvP. I have no clue how that PvP thing will work out yet but I guess I'll find out soon enough when I take it out for a test drive. Arcane with icy veins backup doesn't seem too bad.

Looks like Blizz was holding back on Enh Shammies...[url="http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=49777.msg843474;topicseen#new"][b]Vulmir[/b][/url] dropped from one of the first boss kills...in the 20min the servers were up last night.

[quote name='Greywolf2375' post='1755772' date='Apr 15 2009, 08.56']Looks like Blizz was holding back on Enh Shammies...[url="http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=49777.msg843474;topicseen#new"][b]Vulmir[/b][/url] dropped from one of the first boss kills...in the 20min the servers were up last night.[/quote]
Sexy. Dropped of Mimiron I believe. So there is our offhand. Glad they actually gave us one.

Took 1.5hr to finish patching last night. Then I spent the next hour updating addons. After that, ran to grab dual spec and tried out the 0/40/31 spec on the practice dummy. Spent the whole night tinkering with it and ended up spec'ing away from the cookie cutter build a bit. Getting fairly comfortable with the spell rotation now. I also tried the performance of the new affliction. Definitely a lot easier to keep up. I'll do some more analysis tonight using WWS to look at the damage spread on the dummies. Based on recount, my affliction spec is still doing better, even without a doomguard. But I suspect I'm not playing the 40/31 built as proficiently as I do the affliction, so I want some break-down on up-time and stuff to get an idea. I may try to to pug a nax10 just to try out the build.

In other news, the new Glyph of Life Tap is nowhere to be found, yet. It's going to be expensive when it does show, since it's the must-have glyph for all warlocks. I might even have to switch to 4pcT7 with that, even if my gloves and headpiece are still T7 and not 7.5. Also, need to go get the new Lightweave done on the cloak.

I need a spec too, for my tiny pally. Do we have any Retadins around here? I dont remember what Phelan's pally is. I need a ret leveling spec and I cant find a site updated for 3.1 She's 45 I think.

I got the patch updated, tried to fix some of my addons, and did the new fishing daily. I didnt put points into either spec yet because I havent decided on an exact tank spec and I need to do that one first since it's my current glyphs.

Northrend and the old world were taking turns crashing, so I gave up rather early.

I'm already getting annoyed with people asking for all the new Glyphs, constantly, over and over again, despite being told no one has them yet. Sigh. Your gonna pay through the ass for it when it shows up anyway people, might as well just wait for a bit.

Other then that, I'm enjoying dual-specs. Although trying to figure out which 2 specs to use on my Pally is tough. WTB Triple-Specs.

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1755974' date='Apr 15 2009, 13.12']I need a spec too, for my tiny pally. Do we have any Retadins around here? I dont remember what Phelan's pally is. I need a ret leveling spec and I cant find a site updated for 3.1 She's 45 I think.

I got the patch updated, tried to fix some of my addons, and did the new fishing daily. I didnt put points into either spec yet because I havent decided on an exact tank spec and I need to do that one first since it's my current glyphs.

Northrend and the old world were taking turns crashing, so I gave up rather early.[/quote]
Here is a decent link for - [url="http://ferarro.blogspot.com/2008/12/on-your-mark-get-ret-go_03.html"]3.1 ret build[/url]; Maintankadin also has some good info as well.

haven't tried logging on since it dowloaded...figured with what I have been seeing on MMO for crashes, etc it'll just be better to wait.

Ret builds are kind of funny, since you can easily take every single DPS talent and still have like 12 points left over. And those you can shove pretty much anywhere you want.

Thanks guys. She's only lvl 45 atm Shryke, before the patch I was widly inventing a spec as I went along because I knew I'd get a free respec at this point. I figure it's time for some research.

Greywolf, that's the site I was looking at before, but that's not updated. It still has Kings in the build and isnt improved ret aura gone too?

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1756061' date='Apr 15 2009, 14.04']Thanks guys. She's only lvl 45 atm Shryke, before the patch I was widly inventing a spec as I went along because I knew I'd get a free respec at this point. I figure it's time for some research.

Greywolf, that's the site I was looking at before, but that's not updated. It still has Kings in the build and isnt improved ret aura gone too?[/quote]
you're right - sorry, linked before I looked. There had been some 3.1 info on there, but not seeing it now.

Guest thebadlady
Phelen, I had to disable my firewall while I dl'd. Updating my add-ons is an ASSPAIN now without wowupdater. Christ.

How are the addon guys doing out there getting updated for 3.1? Gatherer was broken and questhelper was messed up too yesterday. I'm going to need some fury/dps type mods but I'm worried about getting new mods for a week or two.

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1756327' date='Apr 15 2009, 17.25']How are the addon guys doing out there getting updated for 3.1? Gatherer was broken and questhelper was messed up too yesterday. I'm going to need some fury/dps type mods but I'm worried about getting new mods for a week or two.[/quote]

This is why I run on the minimum number of mods possible. I've occasionally gone mod crazy and gotten a ton, but then patch day hits and just ... ugh. So I just get the minimum number I can get away with these days.

Most of my mods appeared to be working. The one that doesn't is the dot/debuff tracker I have. I may have to go back to quartz or roguepowerbars for a while.

But other than that, it appears to be quite good. Xperl is fine, the viewport/map stuff is fine, itemrack appears functional, bartender's happy.

I was happy that itemrack and Bartender worked great right from patch drop. Has anyone tried dual specing with bartender yet?

Is there anything special I should get for the small pally? I heard that I should have decursive and Pally power, anything else?

Huh. My auctioneer is slow but working otherwise fine.

I did do bartender and dual spec, and IIRC the original bar doesn't change. I don't know what's going to fix that. It's not really an issue for me since my dual spec doesn't give any new abilities, but it's worth noting.

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1756353' date='Apr 15 2009, 17.56']I was happy that itemrack and Bartender worked great right from patch drop. Has anyone tried dual specing with bartender yet?

Is there anything special I should get for the small pally? I heard that I should have decursive and Pally power, anything else?[/quote]
Yes, I've been switching back and forth between ret & Prot; no issues so far - bars and such are switching just fine using Bartender.

For a pally, I like to have Tankadin to use as a reference for some stats, etc, not really required though - do like how it tracks Ardent Defender though.

Race, am I wrong in thinking this is almost [url="http://www.worldofraids.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=5318&c=9"]the exact same thing as vulmir[/url]? I know it's got slightly different stats and is a MH vs a OH, but still...weird.

Archived