Jon

Sirius

Alright, well this may have been mentioned somewhere before but I have not come across it and am curious as to what people think.

Now, this is [u]not[/u] a place to argue parentage philosophies, etc. All I'm asking is, [b]IF[/b] N+A=J or R+L=J were/could be true, which one would you prefer to play out over the course of the series?

Personally, I just want something sweet for Jon in the future because I've got a soft spot for him, and I do have a part of me that wants him to end up king of everything somehow... However, I just like the Starks too much, and in the end, I want to find out that Jon was Ned's son afterall.

Thoughts? anyone else have preferences?

[quote name='Ser Monte' post='1729054' date='Mar 21 2009, 21.13']You probably didn't come across anything because you're posting this in the wrong section. How does this relate to the companion book to the series?

try the general section proper :P[/quote]

I actually realized that right after I posted. I was gonna repost it right away, but I thought I would atleast wait until I was told to... So thanks :)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

R+L=J makes the most sense to me. I honestly didn't pay any attention to what others were thinking, and came to that theory myself. It makes the most sense, based off the little details given throughout the series. The only time any information is given to the contrary is what Ned tells Robert on the Kingsroad. And Ned was obviously EXTREMELY uncomfortable with the conversation. At the time, I just thought he was uncomfortable with his adultery; now I think he hated lying to his friend and liege.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe R+L=J, but have a forlorn hope that Ned and Ashara Dayne are his true parents.

No matter his parentage, I don't think Jon will become King, at least at King's Landing. The Iron Throne is in the south and Jon belongs to the north.

There is a small chance that Jon may end up as King of the North, but I think that he (if he is still alive) will stay at the Wall, regardless whether it is up or down, whether the Nightswatch still exist or not.

For me i want him to have it all. just so that people will not look down on bastards,( even if he end up not been one)

I want him to be R+L son and be at the end LC of the night watch, king of westeros (he wanted winterfell and get 7 kingdoms).then the night watch will get good men and the king will always have the night watch in his heart so to speak. ned would be so proud of him i am sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the series is called ASOIAF I believe it is Jon Snow's story and J = L(ice) + R (fire). And in the end he will be dead but remembered as the one who ended the Long Night(s).

I would also be happy if J = Ned(ice) + ?(fire), but I don't see any timeline that would allow Ned to have an affair with a Fire Woman (btw, off-topic, a song by The Cult) resulting in Jon.

Spoiler
Didn't Jon get Caesared at the end of ADWD?

Yes but if you re-direct your attention to the ADWD forum you'll find a number of threads discussing the options. As was noted back in March 2009 this thread is in entirely the wrong place.

Archived