BSG Thread #12 (or 13)

Werthead

Since the last thread reached boxing stage.

Interesting article in the Guardian [url="http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2009/mar/19/battlestar-galactica-review"]here[/url] which asks if [b]BSG[/b] is better than [b]The Wire[/b]. The answer is no, of course. But at its best, not far off.

[quote]DW and I thought this exact same thing so it can't be beyond the realm of possibility... But I seriously hope not.[/quote]

Wrong thread LP :)

Lee was coming back from the meal at Kara and Zak's. He had the same clothes on.

[quote name='Werthead' post='1725387' date='Mar 19 2009, 09.01']Wrong thread LP :)

Lee was coming back from the meal at Kara and Zak's. He had the same clothes on.[/quote]

that's what I get for reading 15 pages of BSG stuff instead of working!

:P

[quote]How about a series that's as passionate and intelligent as The West Wing when debating war and terrorism, or as emotionally articulate about death, loss and love as Six Feet Under, [b]or as trippy, mystical and deliciously baffling as Twin Peaks?[/b][/quote]I'm not going to say that nothing else I've ever seen is as trippy etc, as Twin Peaks. But I am going to say that BSG certainly isn't. It's just not. Also, bit of spoiler about Starbuck AND a lame cop out saying that it's not a spoiler because if you haven't seen the series you won't comprehend the relevance of the final five. I'm sure there are plenty of things to say about the character without giving stuff away.

[quote name='Werthead' post='1725296' date='Mar 19 2009, 08.10']Interesting article in the Guardian [url="http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2009/mar/19/battlestar-galactica-review"]here[/url] which asks if [b]BSG[/b] is better than [b]The Wire[/b]. The answer is no, of course. But at its best, not far off.[/quote]

The answer is "FUCK NO" followed by "IS YOU SMOKING CRACK BITCH??!!"

As the countdown to the finale kicks in, how about [url="http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2009/03/battlestar-ga-3.html"]a nice drink with the Tighs[/url]?

RDM totally mis-sold [b]Caprica[/b]. Saying it's like [b]Dyansty[/b] isn't going to get people to watch it. They seem to be now retooling the ad campaign to point out that the development of AI and the accompanying moral quandaries is something we ourselves may have to face in less than a century.

Also, RDM's recent comment that:

SPOILER: Caprica
We will meet Cylon #7 in [b]Caprica[/b] suggests that [b]Caprica[/b] will span a long period of time and may take us into the First Cylon War in all its glory, so if the audience gets restless they can break out more space dogfights.

[quote name='Werthead' post='1725296' date='Mar 19 2009, 12.10']Interesting article in the Guardian [url="http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2009/mar/19/battlestar-galactica-review"]here[/url] which asks if [b]BSG[/b] is better than [b]The Wire[/b]. The answer is no, of course. But at its best, not far off.[/quote]

[quote name='Relic' post='1725610' date='Mar 19 2009, 16.53'][b]The answer is "FUCK NO" followed by "IS YOU SMOKING CRACK BITCH??!!"[/b][/quote]

Its annoying when you want to come in and rant in righteous indignation but someone else has already stolen your thunder. :(

As for BSG - no i have still not watched the last two episodes. I want to save them up and rush them through all in one great big orgasmic go. At least that's the plan. It would suck if i spend four hours building up to a shitty ending.

[quote name='Sheep the Evicted' post='1726201' date='Mar 19 2009, 16.35']As for BSG - no i have still not watched the last two episodes. I want to save them up and rush them through all in one great big orgasmic go. At least that's the plan. It would suck if i spend four hours building up to a shitty ending.[/quote]
If nothing else, you've saved yourself the pain of watching last weeks offering by itself.

[quote name='Werthead' post='1725296' date='Mar 19 2009, 07.10']Since the last thread reached boxing stage.

Interesting article in the Guardian [url="http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2009/mar/19/battlestar-galactica-review"]here[/url] which asks if [b]BSG[/b] is better than [b]The Wire[/b]. The answer is no, of course. But at its best, not far off.[/quote]

Such a laughably absurd notion that I won't even bother reading the article. The Guardian should feel ashamed to have printed it. They've destroyed every ounce of credibility they've ever built up in their decades (centuries?) of print. Noone should ever buy the paper again. We should all laugh and snicker every time someone brings up a Guardian article as a source for any subject. The paper should be banished to the 9th level of hell and anyone who speaks of it again should be shot.

Now I'm off to General Chatter to scour the threads for a Guardian link so that I can mock the poster and dismiss their arguments as preemptively and self-evidently invalid.

[quote name='Cobblestones' post='1726776' date='Mar 20 2009, 06.47']Is it on today? If yes, I might tune in to see how everything ends.[/quote]
Yes. 9 PM eastern.

Can't frakking wait

For all of its many, many problems, [b]BSG[/b] was still a solid show and I'll be sorry to see Saul Motherfuckin' Tigh go.

One bemusing spoiler from an early review:

SPOILER: BSG
Apparently at one point a title card flashes up that says, "150,000 years later", which I'm assuming was a ludicrous exaggeration on the reviewer's part.

:stunned:

I'm curious to see just how many crew members Adama can forgive before the end, because the list of forgiven crimes is growing:

Tyrol - murder
Thrace - desertion
Adama (Lee) - mutiny
Agathon - murder
Edmundson - mutiny, collaboration with mutiny
Dualla - collaboration with mutiny
Skulls - mutiny

I'm wondering if we can get in at least one more desertion before whatever happens happens.

Archived