when you are at an urinal...

jcp54

[quote name='Waldo Frey' post='1751818' date='Apr 10 2009, 13.00']I have a feeling that the OP is a female. No brothers would post such stuff openly.[/quote]

I'm not so sure about that waldo; you yourself have started plenty of threads about bizarre sex toys and whatnots.

[quote name='Luzifer's right hand' post='1751822' date='Apr 10 2009, 13.04']I was in a wash room with mirrors and metal surfaces everywhere a few days ago. You had to close your eyes to avoid seeing the genitals of the other guys taking a piss. :ack:[/quote]That's just wrong! Who in the 7 Hells would build such place?!?
When I go to a urinal from now on, I'm going to be affrais that the OP is somewhere in there waiting to eye rape me...
unless he's a she... in which case it's still creepy, but not as much...

three thoughts...

1. No I do Not and if you do it, it is extremely creepy, except at the bathhouse or if you are sexy woman.
2. Someone has a comedy bit on this topic ending with "niiiiiiiiiiice dick" I don't recall who.
3. did you notice the OP's name starts with I SEE PEE?

No I don't look, not interested and I think it's rude too.

As for the talking thing? If I'm in there with a friend and no one else is yeah, I might talk. To a stranger, no. Definite breach of urinal etiquette.

(Strangest thread ever. Before I saw the sub-title I thought it would be addressing talking not looking.)

1) The 1-3-5 Rule is Holy. Do not violate it.

2) Oh OP, man of mystery. Three possibilities unfold themselves, you of 7 posts.
a) ALT!
b) You join random message boards to ask people about urinating.
c) You joined this message board, because when you read about the Lannisters, you think golden showers.

[quote name='boiled leather' post='1751829' date='Apr 10 2009, 16.08']3. did you notice the OP's name starts with I SEE PEE?[/quote]

Close, it starts with 'J' but it does look like an 'I'. But... I still think its an alt.

Who bothered to create an alt for that weak-ass trolling?

It did remind me of some funny urinal etiquette joke in the hey-day of the internet* when all emails were forwarded jokes.

*This is an entirely subjective period of time for every individual, but we all experienced it.

[quote name='Iskaral Pust' post='1751842' date='Apr 10 2009, 16.31']It did remind me of some funny urinal etiquette joke in the hey-day of the internet* when all emails were forwarded jokes.

*This is an entirely subjective period of time for every individual, but we all experienced it.[/quote]
I've got friends and relatives (mostly older people) who still live in that time period.

[quote name='DanteGabriel' post='1751845' date='Apr 10 2009, 16.33']I've got friends and relatives (mostly older people) who still live in that time period.[/quote]

Me too. I find it basically applies to anyone who does not receive 100+ legitimate business related emails every day. I block them all with my spam filter.

Yup, eyes straight, don't talk. Always creepy when someone talks to you at the urinal.

Oh, and always leave at least one urinal open between you and the next closest guy.

I thought this was the [i]code[/i] instilled into every male out there.

By the way, what do you do when the bathroom doesn't have urinals, but a god damned trough? During a Marching Band competition, one of the high schools we competed at had troughs for urinals. I vaguely remember hurrying as best I could while looking up and to the side.

[quote name='CiaranAnnrach' post='1751871' date='Apr 10 2009, 17.10']By the way, what do you do when the bathroom doesn't have urinals, but a god damned trough? During a Marching Band competition, one of the high schools we competed at had troughs for urinals. I vaguely remember hurrying as best I could while looking up and to the side.[/quote]

My philosophy is this... stare straight ahead and focus on the task at hand, regardless of whether there's a urinal, a trough, or it's a group of friends pissing into the bushes during a camping trip. But if there's a trough or something similar where genitalia within one's peripheral vision can't be avoided, I don't freak out about it. While it's not polite to look, it's also not the end of the world if someone else's business is infringing into my sphere of vision. As long as people around me know that I'm not actively staring at their junk (and they're doing likewise) then things should be ok.

Taking a piss needn't be accompanied by anxiety.

Archived