Mafia Game 64

House Targaryen

Drox and Swyft sound like the typical paranoid innocent.

Which doesn't allow me to lynch them. :(

You are getting a bit aggravating. Feels as though you are trying to do everything you can at the start to look innocent. Clearly, you want to be PIed. I'm going to remove vote for now because it is more aggravation than suspicion now at this point.

Who has the most to fear from finders?

My reasoning is this: if you are thinking that you have nothing to fear from a finder and you read the outragous claim you can see the humor in it. If you fear finders and read that, your first reaction is likely to be "holy shit, I'm a goner if he's telling the thruth"

And you post that reaction immediately thereafter? Are you serious?

I find those suspicious who fear that I might reveal a role one day. Smells like nervous evil scum.

Yet you feel people who believed you are merely innocent paranoids?

I'm starting to think perhaps I should look at the other guy who thought you was being honest. Are you protecting someone here?

Yet you feel people who believed you are merely innocent paranoids?

I'm starting to think perhaps I should look at the other guy who thought you was being honest. Are you protecting someone here?

No, I think that people who think I was up to something evil are paranoids. ;)

Well, apparently Toyne isn't cock centered at all.

Just playing my role, I'm a cock and had to set the record straight. Or nearly straight.

But it does seem like you're 'kissing butt' of the people voting for you, especially since your votes piled up quickly there for a while. Not a lot for 17 players, but these things have a way of getting out of hand.

They really don't.

Well, that was a lot of fun and games. Now that things have settled a little and I've had time to go back through the Belmore reveal here are a couple of question that come to mind and haven't been asked yet.

Bulwer,

Did you consider spending all your five investigations on the same player? Just in case?

What does this mean? I'm not quite sure what you were getting at.

But more importantly, Belmore,

So you still believe in mankind even after brutally murdering poor Pickle Pomm?

Respectable behaviour, Bracken!

What was it about Bracken, in the midst of all that, that made you decide to end it all with a vote on him? Especially since you said:

I find those suspicious who fear that I might reveal a role one day. Smells like nervous evil scum.

And Bracken treated your reveal like a joke right from the very beginning.

Honestly, anyone who didn't see it as a joke obviously didn't stop to consider the implications of the claim. WJ has a fair handle on how to play mafia, so he isn't going to screw up by putting such an absurd finder into the game. And actually thinking before launching into posts on thread is kind of important. People will be trying to mislead you at some point. If you missed Belmore's obvious fake claim, I don't see how you'll spot those with some claim to subtlety.

I'm not that happy with the people who've decided that Belmore is actually suspicious based on this little exchange though. Jokes and ridiculous clowning around are, if anything, suggestive of innocence rather than guilt as FM typically worry more about how they appear and I think it's fair to say Belmore didn't make a serious attempt to mislead anyone. Drox is one of the people who probably needs to read the above paragraph again, but I'm not all that suspicious of them right now. Swyft seems a more suspect to me though as I think they come off as a little opportunistic instead of merely being a loose cannon.

(Also I'll need my memory refreshed on the definition of the Swann defense.)

This is also a joke, Harclay. Bulwer is suggesting that Belmore horribly misuse his nonexistent investigations.

Meh, apparently I'm not to be trusted with humour.

Ah, so it's usually on the money then.

I'd imagine so. It would take a fairly confident (or crazy) FM to streak around the thread screaming "look at me!"

What I'm wondering about is why somebody would throw such a joke-reveal in.

Could be trying to derail us, not that we'd have much to be dreailed from at this stage of the game. No self-respecting symp should get the willies from a day one remark about a player defending another player. (Before you start accusing me of protecting my symp, look back and see that I was the accuser, not the accused)

If you fake-reveal, you should know that you run a pretty gigh risk of getting lynched, especially on day 1, once the withhunt gets going. Sometimes it's rather scary to look at, especially if you're at the receiving end.

If you just want to have some fun on day 1, sticking to making RP jokes is a little bit (not much though) safer.

So Bella: why? Suicidal or insane? :P

Archived