World of Warcraft

TerraPrime

Respec'd finally out of frost and sported a good 500 dps improvement. Cracked 3k for the first time on 25-man sarth (no drakes).

I'm still debating between how to spec on my last 2 points on my ttw/fire spec (above dps was without these spent) - do I drop 2 points in arcane meditation +33% mana regen (already have +50% from pyromaniac), 2 points in student of the mind +6% spirit, or 2 points in flame throwing for 6 yards range on fire spells. Cookie cutter spec says range... which bumps up my dps in abnormal fights since I can stay further away, but plain old patchwork shit I'd ssume the other 2 provide better dps. Rawr says spirit is +17 dps, mana regen + 21 dps.

Although, I'm still 200 points below their "ideal" spec for fire/ttw (not sure what the difference is). Leaning towards the range, since 20 dps is like 5 seconds of lost dps during any fight... which can easily happen

[url="http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Quel%27dorei&n=Cuellar&group=1"]armory profile[/url]

EDIT: So you guys think Uldaar with a PUG in barely any Naxx gear is a fail?

[quote name='PhelanArcetus' post='1758112' date='Apr 17 2009, 09.35']So I get that Ulduar is meant to be harder, and I'm cool with that. I'm also cool with the idea that the trash isn't a joke. But I'm reasonably sure this was more incompetence than overly hard content. This was a night that rather does lead itself to the transferring idea.[/quote]
Yeah.. the trash to Ignis is pretty annoying, especially the revenants and their tornadoes. I'd recommend Razorscale, we ended up downing him on our second attempt. Ignis is pretty hard, we haven't even gotten him below 50% yet. On Deconstructer we had about seven 3% wipes, which is pretty frustrating.

[quote name='Cuellar' post='1758417' date='Apr 17 2009, 14.06']Respec'd finally out of frost and sported a good 500 dps improvement. Cracked 3k for the first time on 25-man sarth (no drakes).

I'm still debating between how to spec on my last 2 points on my ttw/fire spec (above dps was without these spent) - do I drop 2 points in arcane meditation +33% mana regen (already have +50% from pyromaniac), 2 points in student of the mind +6% spirit, or 2 points in flame throwing for 6 yards range on fire spells. Cookie cutter spec says range... which bumps up my dps in abnormal fights since I can stay further away, but plain old patchwork shit I'd ssume the other 2 provide better dps. Rawr says spirit is +17 dps, mana regen + 21 dps.

Although, I'm still 200 points below their "ideal" spec for fire/ttw (not sure what the difference is). Leaning towards the range, since 20 dps is like 5 seconds of lost dps during any fight... which can easily happen

[url="http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Quel%27dorei&n=Cuellar&group=1"]armory profile[/url]

EDIT: So you guys think Uldaar with a PUG in barely any Naxx gear is a fail?[/quote]

If you're going to be scorching at all I'd pick up the range talent. 30 yards is pretty unacceptable for a spell you're going to have to cast multuple times in a fight.

Guest thebadlady
In honor of the heroic I seem to do daily, and this is why I laugh:

<bloodninja> Ok baby, we got to hurry, I don't know how long I can keep it ready for you.
<j_gurli3> thats ok. ok i'm a japanese schoolgirl, what r u.
<bloodninja> A Rhinocerus. Well, hung like one, thats for sure.
<j_gurli3> haha, ok lets go.
<j_gurli3> i put my hand through ur hair, and kiss u on the neck.
<bloodninja> I stomp the ground, and snort, to alert you that you are in my breeding territory.
<j_gurli3> haha, ok, u know that turns me on.
<j_gurli3> i start unbuttoning ur shirt.
<bloodninja> Rhinoceruses don't wear shirts.
<j_gurli3> No, ur not really a Rhinocerus silly, it's just part of the game.
<bloodninja> [b]Rhinoceruses don't play games. They f*cking charge your ass. [/b]
<j_gurli3> stop, cmon be serious.
<bloodninja> It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.
<bloodninja> I stomp my feet, the dust stirs around my tough skinned feet.
<j_gurli3> thats it.
<bloodninja> [b]Nostrils flaring, I lower my head. My horn, like some phallic symbol of my potent virility, is the last thing you see as skulls collide and mine remains the victor. You are now a bloody red ragdoll suspended in the air on my mighty horn. [/b]
<bloodninja> [b]Goddam am I hard now. [/b]

Bloodninja is a fucking classic.

Ulduar 25 is awesome. And that was with two hours of wiping on Razorscale because people can't figure out how not to stand in the fucking fire. I forgot raiding could be that fun. I can't wait to get to see some of the other bosses, wipe a lot on them and feel like there's actual progression again.

Guest thebadlady

Mandy, I can't find my phone but...there is a Nax run going down at 9-9:30 tonight that you can get in on if you would like.

Re: scorch debuff

As I understand it, they took the mage scorch 10% and split it to 5% and 5%, and gave one half to the locks for shadowbolts. So to get the full 10% that you normally get before 3.1, you need both a sbolt lock and a scorching mage.

Re: Ulduar

We went in to Ulduar, but I only got in after they got the first boss. We tried XT-013 (Deconstructor) a few times. Nobody has done it before (10 man) so we went with what we can find on the guides. Once we sorted out which adds to kill, it seemed to work out better. However, we're totally not geared for this, and our raid composition was bad. We don't have boomkin or shaman, for one. Our best dps in the fight was only 2.7k, which is 1.3k below what's needed. We got the boss to 42% with 1 minute left, so we were not even close. We tried Razorscale next for 3 times, and the best we got was about 70%. The second land phase the raid just sort of fell apart. By that time we were quite clear that we still need to gear up more, so we left.

And that led into my vent of the week. We had a Nax25 scheduled for Sat. We had 27 people signed up. Only 17 people showed. This is not the first time, either. Every 25 man we ran, and some 10, people will not show. It's getting to be entirely aggravating. One problem of course is we don't have any penalty system of benching people for this sort of thing. Second problem is that we don't make people use our web site, and instead rely on the in-game calendar for organizing. Both problems I've tried to solve, together with a few other officers, but the GL just didn't want to do it. It's very frustrating. We have so many L80s, but we can't make a guild 25 raid. It's crazy. We also still have a lot of content to do, like Sarth+2 and EoE25. Half the time we can't even finish EoE10. Then they clamour for Ulduar run or the new VoA boss. I know people want to see new content, but if we don't have EoE25 and Sarth+2 on farm, how are we to get geared up for it? Ugh.

Finally got a decent amount of raid time in uldar, got ignis, iron council and kologarn dead. Wiped a bit on auriaya, then a healer DCed and couldn't get back on... Should have a decent go at her tomorrow. But goddamn the trash just gets nastier the deeper you go. Might not have helped that we had only 1 ranged dps by the end of the raid... Still youch. Haven't wiped on trash as much as we did tonight in a long while.

Did some tooling around with Arms.

Basically, I decided I needed to do mining and work my weaponskill up. I haven't even spec'd my paladin again yet. I have no idea what I'm doing as arms, but everything out in the world dies fast and easy enough that it doesn't matter while I'm just working weaponskill up. And I picked up 5 scarlet rubies and a dragon's eye this weekend.

There's a part of me fearing that my warrior as Arms will outperform my paladin as Ret, with current gear (which is not drastically different). We'll see once I've actually done some stuff with them.

I'll suggest we to to Razorcale or Deconstructor before Ignis once we figure out a raid time. Frankly I was unimpressed with everything about the group on Thursday, though. And I still can't be anywhere anytime reliably.

We too the plunge and what's left of my guild applied to a big raiding guild on my server. We all know the hear recruiting officer quite well, and 2 other high ranked guys in there as well, and they all said they'd put in a good word for us. They also told us that as per their policy the applications would remain up for at least 24 hours.

Well our resto druid got in in 8 hours of putting in his app and raided in Ulduar the first day. The warlock and I havent heard anything... it's been days for him and a couple days for me, and we're beginning to wonder if they just told us we had a good chance because they wanted the druid. I guess we'll see what happens.

We're on a west coast server, you think it'd be easy to find pacific time raiding guilds, but anyone else that would take us in raids at 5 or 6 pm pst, which doesnt work for us at all.

After way, way too long of trying we got down XT-002. I got to offtank the first night and then full-on DPS the second. And came in just behind the rogue on both damage and DPS, so I feel pretty decent about it. If I knew I could actually get behind the heart, it would've been even higher.

I miss raiding consistently. I really miss raiding with skylark; having someone to laugh about random things and kvetch to as well as having the perspective from someone in a different area really made things fun, even when things weren't going well. Maybe in a few months we'll be able to get back to that. For now, screaming babies every couple of hours is going to be our progression.

Archived