Lost S5, Part IV, Episode 13, Scene 108

Shryke

one minor nugget I noticed. The narrator stated that Charles Widmore as responsible for the fake plane and bodies. I believe that still has been debated.

It was confirmed last week in "Some Like It Hoth", when Naomi wanted Miles to demonstrate his ability in the flashback. The man had died while carrying Widmore's orders to purchase a plane and exhume the bodies.

New podcast.

Interesting info:

Some Like It Hoth is the most divisive episode of Lost ever, purely based on how fans reacted to the Ewok issue. Apparently two hours were lost in the writer's room on this debate as well, including a diversion on how the Ewoks should have been Wookies as per Lucas' original draft. "Badass Wookies would be far more superior." Hurley's rewrites to Empire would be in part to set up the elimination of the Ewoks from Hurley-Jedi.

Sawyer is ambidextrous.

Damon makes a number of references to the 'filler days' of the show, such as they should have prevented Sawyer from wearing a shirt at all and given him tattoos, and then had a whole flashback about his tattoos because that would be fun.

The Variable is the show's 100th hour and has come out as one of the best episodes they've done, allegedly. It's the sequel to The Constant from last year.

Nightline is Ben's favourite TV show and he's a big Ted Koppel fan. He and Mikhail used to totally hang out at the Flame and watch the show together.

The DHARMA Initiative invented flip-top beer cans and released that patent in the early-to-mid 1980s after extensive testing on the Island. Obviously, it wasn't a continuity error or anything.

It was confirmed last week in "Some Like It Hoth", when Naomi wanted Miles to demonstrate his ability in the flashback. The man had died while carrying Widmore's orders to purchase a plane and exhume the bodies.

The other interpretation is that Naomi had gotten Miles to mind-read the body because Team Widmore wanted to know what the guy was carrying? This is very definitely not a closed question.

Oh, right. Yeah, I'm thinking a lot skipped them. What sort of Easter eggs do they tend to put into them anyways? Scenes that never aired?

I think mainly just new previews and sometimes a minor nugget in the voiceovers.

Ha, I love how Damon and Carlton both consistently admit that the Jack tattoo episode was awful. I also found it interesting that Damon implied during the podcast that he didn't have much idea what was going on for the hatch storyline. This would make perfect sense to me, because despite them saying that most things were planned in this show (and I do mainly believe them), the hatch storyline has always felt as if they were making it up as they went along.

Ha, I love how Damon and Carlton both consistently admit that the Jack tattoo episode was awful. I also found it interesting that Damon implied during the podcast that he didn't have much idea what was going on for the hatch storyline. This would make perfect sense to me, because despite them saying that most things were planned in this show (and I do mainly believe them), the hatch storyline has always felt as if they were making it up as they went along.

I've seen several episodes from season 2 recently and I definitely agree. I almost think that Locke's frustration and his losing faith in the Island was the writers taking their own frustrations out on not knowing what they're doing or where to go.

Wow, after spending the last month or so watching Lost with Mrs. The Aardvark I've FINALLY caught up.

I see that somebody did mention it, but we do know the purpose of the Dharma Initiative, thanks to the cannon Lost Experience. Interestingly, it has yet to be actually mentioned in the show itself, but most of the answers are

Wow, after spending the last month or so watching Lost with Mrs. The Aardvark I've FINALLY caught up.

I see that somebody did mention it, but we do know the purpose of the Dharma Initiative, thanks to the cannon Lost Experience. Interestingly, it has yet to be actually mentioned in the show itself, but most of the answers are

I'm having a bad flashback of the Blair Witch Project for some reason. Some comments:

Hanso really looks like Faraday, doesn't he?

This is nonsense compared to what we know about DHARMA now. They were on the Island for years, almost a decade before they built any of the underground labs. However, if the year of the tape (1978 if 16 + 1962) is correct then it is after the Swan and the Orchid were built so that fits. At least...

Hmmm. A group of top scientists were brought together to work on the constants of an equation in order to change those numbers yet the full equation was only known to 4 people. The biggest problem I have with this is that it has nothing to do with powerful magnetic fields and time travel which is strictly unique to where they chose to operate {If it turns out to be one of those "coincidence" things, I'll rate Lost lower than the Dark Tower series. I don't want to but it's a possibility}. Furthermore, those two fields of study only came about when DHARMA built the underground labs which are mentioned to be directly part of the official reason why they were founded to begin with. Why does this feel like a time travel paradox?

If these are the answers, I'd hate to see the questions.

Not so good news about Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond)...

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/04/henry-ian-cusic.html

Hopefully the allegations aren't true, but if they are... This could really affect the sixth season and Desmond's role in it, whatever that may be, if the producers decide to let him go. Why did my man crush have to be the pervert?

Not so good news about Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond)...

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/04/henry-ian-cusic.html

Hopefully the allegations aren't true, but if they are... This could really affect the sixth season and Desmond's role in it, whatever that may be, if the producers decide to let him go. Why did my man crush have to be the pervert?

I think witholding judgement until the results of the court case (if it goes that far) is a better idea. I don't think it's automatically a dubious sign that the woman waited 18 months before taking action, but I'm puzzled why it's a civil case in California rather than a criminal case in Hawaii. Maybe lawyers on the board could suggest why that is the case? Given Lost's impact on Hawaii's tourism and economy, would it be harder to find an unprejudiced jury there? Is there some significance to waiting a year and a half before filing charges?

The press release for the finale has been leaked, and as we know, Mark Pellegrino (Rita's ex from Dexter among other things) has been cast as "Man #1."

SPOILER: Who he's presumed to be playing
Most think he's been cast as Jacob.

However, us Deadwood fans will be pleased to see that as "Man #2," Titus Welliver, aka Silas Adams has been cast.

Usually when they withhold a name from the cast list, is means it's someone's name we'd recognize immediately.

Any guesses as to who he was cast as? The most popular theory is Alvar Hanso, with a few people thinking he's Gerald DeGroot, leader of the Dharma Initiative in Ann Arbor.

Given Lost's impact on Hawaii's tourism and economy
Lost has a negligible impact on Hawaii's tourism and economy.

DeGroot would make sense for Silas. I've been waiting for him to come back, and it would follow the whole other faction thing.

The press release for the finale has been leaked, and as we know, Mark Pellegrino (Rita's ex from Dexter among other things) has been cast as "Man #1."
SPOILER: Who he's presumed to be playing
Most think he's been cast as Jacob.

However, us Deadwood fans will be pleased to see that as "Man #2," Titus Welliver, aka Silas Adams has been cast.

Usually when they withhold a name from the cast list, is means it's someone's name we'd recognize immediately.

Any guesses as to who he was cast as? The most popular theory is Alvar Hanso, with a few people thinking he's Gerald DeGroot, leader of the Dharma Initiative in Ann Arbor.

Where are you getting thi? The board I use and used to love is "dharma secrets" but the quality of contibutions has slipped ... and I need a fix.

Where are you getting thi? The board I use and used to love is "dharma secrets" but the quality of contibutions has slipped ... and I need a fix.

Dark UFO has some awesome, scarily accurate spoilers, but I belong to The Fuselage message board, which is where I tend to read up on spoilers and get my theory fix (they exhaust every single topic of every single episode...which can be fun, but also exhausting to weed through. You can only read so many "Miles is Chang's baby?!?!?! threads, ya know? :P)

(they exhaust every single topic of every single episode...which can be fun, but also exhausting to weed through. You can only read so many "Miles is Chang's baby?!?!?! threads, ya know? :P)

The R+L=J of the Lost World, eh? :lol:

Dark UFO has some awesome, scarily accurate spoilers, but I belong to The Fuselage message board, which is where I tend to read up on spoilers and get my theory fix (they exhaust every single topic of every single episode...which can be fun, but also exhausting to weed through. You can only read so many "Miles is Chang's baby?!?!?! threads, ya know? :P)

thanks.. if anyone else registers, did you have trouble with the "registration image?" my eyes are still good, but the contrast was very very very hard to distinguish. I found most of them had at least 1 character I couldn't find (said there were 6) I finally got through on the 4th one that I thought I could read.

Lost has a negligible impact on Hawaii's tourism and economy.

Well, Hawaii is Hawaii and if you can afford to go to Hawaii then you're probably going to go to Hawaii regardless of if your favourite TV show is filmed there. The sharp increase in visitors to Hawaii after the show debuted was probably coincidental (one million extra people per year since 2006).

But the show accounts for a large number of jobs (well over half of the 500-strong crew were hired locally) and presents a positive image of the island. It's certainly considered an asset by the tourist board to have the show filming there.

Is this seriously a theory?

No. It was a question sent to the producers for the podcast. They laughed at the idea and then joked that they wished they had thought of it. :)

Most of the stuff they say is with tongue heavy in the cheek.

No. It was a question sent to the producers for the podcast. They laughed at the idea and then joked that they wished they had thought of it. :)

Most of the stuff they say is with tongue heavy in the cheek.

I heard this the day after Kate, Hurley and Jack became new recruits and Roger gave Kate the eyes. Eerie. but highly implausible.

Archived