Lost S5, Part IV, Episode 13, Scene 108

Shryke

Just finished watching tonight's new episode...

OMFG.

Tell you what, despite everything that came before this episode, and any hints or ideas we had about the future... I didn't see anything like this coming. Even subjecting us to the idea that the cardinal rule of time travel...

but the fact that...

and the idea that Dan...

OMFG.

Talk about an episode.

I liked the episode, but that ending pissed me off. Daniel has a wild, unrealistic character swing reminiscent of BSG. For no reason, he goes in with guns blazing, and of course gets shot by the Others.

I'm shedding a tear for you, Nora. :cry:

Awesome episode. I, unfortunately, read the spoiler for it, but was still hoping beyond hope that it was wrong.

This was the first Dharma-episode that I truly, fully loved.

I wonder when Chang realizes that Daniel was right - I thought for sure that the Comic-con video was made with Daniel...now I'm wondering who the other voice was. And when they made it, to boot.

I liked the episode, but that ending pissed me off. Daniel has a wild, unrealistic character swing reminiscent of BSG. For no reason, he goes in with guns blazing, and of course gets shot by the Others.

I really think that his mother had that effect on him. He knew she was...well...kind of a bitch, and rather unpredictable.

Unfortunately for him, she was very predictable.

I figured Daniel would die this episode (though he really didn't "explain everything about the Island" as the preview suggested), but didn't see that coming. Thought he'd at least get to talk to the Others and explain stuff rather than just being outright killed... by his mother.

I totally called Widmore being his father, though.

Also, I need to start downloading this show. The incessantly long commercial breaks only serve to annoy me and take me out of the show. I started counting at the 9:12 mark: 5 minutes of commercial, 6 minutes of show, 4 minutes of commercial, 10 minutes of show, 5 minutes of commerical, 9 minutes of show, 4 minutes of commercial, final 7 minutes of show. I know hour-long t.v. shows are only 42 minutes, but with Lost is seems like we see more commercial than show sometimes.

Episode was intense. Cannot talk about it now.

Any ideas on the "what did you see?" things? All I'm finding is some website for The Mosaic Collective, and it asks you to submit what you saw. (I got a coffin, a wedding, someone surfing, a sonogram, and kids getting out of school) After you submit it and give them your email, it says something along the lines of "trying to connect the world."

Faraday completely lost his mind, he pulled Jack and Kate into his circle and he found his Karma in Dharma. On the other hand, it'll be a real shame if Ben survives being shot in chest while Faraday dies. A real shame... For example: How the hell is Elie going to get all that personal data if Dan is dead?

In my mind, this episode was a major misstep; Yes, I figured Dan turned his ray on himself and his wife/girlfriend/assisstant, that Ellie was his mother and that Widmore was his father {I was also half toying with the idea that Dan was his own father. Time Travel is a sick, sick business or maybe it's just me...}, that Dan in his despair and mental anquish would countermand his own theories and try to avert their fate with disasterous consequences and that's the episode. Hell, it looks like it's going to be the rest of the season.

I was going to post earlier about my own thoughts on Constants and Variables and how they relate in equations prior to showing the episode but I didn't realize that it was the one on tonight. I don't argue with Faraday's reasoning but in the end, he considered everyone to be a Variable but that couldn't possibly work as its too chaotic. I have mention previously that Desmond is a Variable but if you want to change the equation, you need a least two;

One here and one there, I would imagine...

Do you two know what the concept of the West Coast is you stupid fucks? Use spoiler tags.

West coast sucks. EST for the win.

Awesome possum and G'Kar,

Do you two know what the concept of the West Coast is you stupid fucks? Use spoiler tags.

Umm, how about you don't read the fucking thread if you know there is spoiler talk going on by people who just watched the episode... which, to them, isn't spoiler talk because THEY JUST WATCHED THE EPISODE.

Common sense. Use it.

Awesome possum and G'Kar,

Why don't you use some fucking common sense and not enter a thread until you WATCH THE FUCKING EPISODE!

Oh, and Sawyer was caught by Radzinksy. Not to ruin the episode or anything.

Faraday completely lost his mind, he pulled Jack and Kate into his circle and he found his Karma in Dharma. On the other hand, it'll be a real shame if Ben survives being shot in chest while Faraday dies. A real shame... For example: How the hell is Elie going to get all that personal data if Dan is dead?

Its all in Dan's journal I'm assuming. What a cold woman. To send your only son to die. Evil.

Its all in Dan's journal I'm assuming. What a cold woman. To send your only son to die. Evil.

That's the thing. I think she was such a cold bitch to him and made him focus on science and physics because she believed he could change the past. I think she was hoping he would be able to do something that would prevent her from killing him, but if anything it drove the point home: whatever happened, happened.

That's the thing. I think she was such a cold bitch to him and made him focus on science and physics because she believed he could change the past. I think she was hoping he would be able to do something that would prevent her from killing him, but if anything it drove the point home: whatever happened, happened.

Nah, she just wanted the journal.

I wonder when Chang realizes that Daniel was right

That scene with Chang, Miles and Daniel was classic!

Why did Daniel think his mother was the one who could get them all back where they belonged in time? Will she be the one who accomplishes this?

I wonder if Sawyer & Juliet will escape their current captivity by means of one last white-flash-time-jump?

So many questions -- what a great episode! And seeing the Enterprise fly out of the "O" in "LOST" was just icing on the cake. :)

She seemed pretty torn up about it towards the end of the episode. I think it was in her conversation with Widmore where you see it.

She knew she was sending him to his death, but she obviously thinks it's for a reason of some sort.

And I really think he's dead-dead, cause that scene at the end was perfect. Where he's looking up at his younger mother's face and realises his mom sent him back to the Island to die.

Does anyone from the "current" generation of islanders have a parent who isn't totally fucked up or at least extremely dysfunctional in some way? (Daniel really won the Shit Lottery there...)

Archived