Help me lose (or gain) weight

Bellis

Dinner tonight was a fail. Well not totally but not what I would normally eat. We had a frozen all in one meal thing that was Mongolian beef. It had white rice, the battered and fried beef and the veggies. Plus a sauce. It tasted good and all-and it wasn't chicken. The boy was getting tired of chicken.

All in all it cost me 465 calories, 12g fat for only 3g of fiber. Not the worst thing but not what I normally eat.

I managed to up my fiber count with a Healthy Choice Fudge bar (5g).

:)

I topped my salad (really it is romaine hearts and nothing else, not really a "salad") with fijita seasoned chicken breast.

I used the recipe for the seasoning from a diet book I had from LA Weightloss.

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

1 packet (1tsp) sugar substitute

1/2 tsp oregano

1/2 tsp chilli powder

1/8 tsp black pepper

1/4 tsp Morton Lite salt

combine all ingredients; use on chicken, beef or veggies.

It is great and the people who are not on diets that I have fed this to have loved it.

goddammit why is sushi so calorie ful? I'm going to have to switch to sashimi, just when I find a place with really remarkable sushi rice that is a perfect enhancement to the fish. :/

Isn't the point of sushi not to eat too much. Fish and rice are very nutritive, but they have to be eaten in measure.

Yesterday evening, I had turnip root and three slices of full-grain bread with some cheese and some self-made avocado spreading. I bought the avocado, before Minaku mentioned how bad they are, and instead of eating the entire fruit, I made a spreading with lemon and a little bit green curry paste (like guacamole, but without onions and garlic). That way, it lasts for several days and I only eat a little bit on a day. I can not live without cheese, but I only eat it in small quantities.

This morning, I'm back to cereals with low-fat milk. The only negative point is the cup of chocolate cappuccino, but it's the only thing with sugar, I drink these days. Once the pack is empty, it will be over.

I need to get some red wine vinegar...

Oh and I found a tube of Anchovy Paste in my cupboard today. Someone at this board told me to get it and I don't remember why and what to do with it...

Red wine vinegar (or balsamico) can improve many things, especially salads, and if you don't have lemons, you can use a bit vinegar for the taste. (Not quite as good as real pressed lemons, but it gives a slightly our taste.).

anchovy paste for homemade tomato sauces perhaps? after sauteeing your onions and garlic in fat you add super finely minced (crushed into a paste really) off heat until it's dissolved into the sauce. Gives it body and enhances the flavor in a very remarkable way, and no, it's not fishy, then add your tomatos. To turn it into an arrabiata, add red pepper flakes to the onion/garlic sautee. To make a ragu, sautee diced carrots and celery with the onions and garlic, then add hamburger, then a cup of wine, cook it out, followed by a cup of milk (cook it out too), then add your tomatos. All of them can use anchovys to enhance the sauce. It's one of those old tricks, like putting a couple tablespoons of pasta water into your pasta sauce.

I had five pieces of nigiri and a roll, it came with a small side salad and a bowl of miso, but it looks like it was around 1000 calories for the whole damn lunch. :/

avocados aren't bad, they are in fact made of awesome. They do have fat. so you can't just eat one and think it's the same as eating an equal sized apple. Calorie wise a medium one has about 275 calories, so more akin to 2.5 medium bananas. Love avocados. :)

I'll have to remember that about the anchovy paste next time I'm making sauce :rolleyes: ;)

So today I had my usual omelet but I added about 9g of 2% cheddar to it. This should cause a spike in my weight tomorrow but who cares. It was good. I had fat free/sugar free yogurt and a Thomas' Light 100 Cal English muffin with sugar free strawberry jam. The muffin has 8g of fiber and once toasted and with the jam they don't taste much like cardboard anymore. :)

It depends dramatically over distance. Yes the 100 m guys are built, but even at 400 meters there is a dramatic difference in body type.

Not unfit by any stretch of the imagination, but not incredibly bulky either.

Even 100 m and 200 m guys aren't always very bulky. As an example, consider Pietro Mennea, whose personal records on the two distances are 10.01 and 19.72, and who won several international championship titles over his career.

Yesterday evening, I had turnip root and three slices of full-grain bread with some cheese and some self-made avocado spreading. I bought the avocado, before Minaku mentioned how bad they are, and instead of eating the entire fruit, I made a spreading with lemon and a little bit green curry paste (like guacamole, but without onions and garlic). That way, it lasts for several days and I only eat a little bit on a day. I can not live without cheese, but I only eat it in small quantities.

It's not that they're bad, but they are high in fat (it's a good kind of fat) so they shouldn't be consumed in large quantities. I think what you did was really great. Spread the avocado love. You can still have avocado, but not a whole avocado at once.

A couple tsp's of olive oil and some pepper is delicious.

QFT...simple and tasty! One thing we see quite often (or hear actually) is that after we have been able to get people to switch to eating more veggies we get a lot of "I didn't know ___ actually tasted like that!" Usually the veggies are swamped in butter or a salad dressing or something and it hides what, IMO, tastes quite good naturally.

I experimented with the kale today. Tried boiling it a bit and then sauteing it a bit. Turned out OK with some garlic and olive oil. I've got a lot more so I've got to work something out. Kale and chard are going for some good prices at the local organic place.

Found a kale recipe for you. :)

I fell off the wagon pretty hard today. I was starving all day even though I just kept eating. I'm also PMSing and I caught a cold. So I wallowed in my misery by eating some really really unhealthy desert that I will not mention in an effort to spare everyone. I think I will feel bad about it tomorrow. Just so you know, these threads work because I debated whether I should cave in for like 20 minutes straight, going back and forth, all because of the little support network going on in here. Ultimately I suck, but still, for 10 of those 20 minutes I was almost a success.

I went off my schedule of eating/meal plans today because I had to dash home to meet with my landlord and roommates. and due to that, I ate an oreo (53 cals) and a package of ritz sandwiches with cheese (200) ugh. first junk food I've had since last friday. :( I should start eating two eggs every morning for breakfast again. for me that really kills all unconscious eating like the oreo. and then guilt from the oreo led to a, 'fuck it' and eating of the ritz. :/

What I've eaten since breakfast: 15 pistachio kernals, 27g of almonds, 1 can of Progresso light Chicken Noodle soup. 1 Large Fuji Apple.

Dinner is going to be quinoa with veggies and I splurged at Whole Fools today and got some flank steak with spinach and feta cheese pinwheels. They are not very large and the meat is very lean so it should be alright. I just couldn't take another chicken breast tonight.

What I've eaten since breakfast: 15 pistachio kernals, 27g of almonds, 1 can of Progresso light Chicken Noodle soup. 1 Large Fuji Apple.

You can really stop after 15 pistacio kernals? Pistacio are the most dangerous nuts for me, because once I start eating them, I always want to eat more. I just like the taste so much.

For lunch, I had ca. 75g fullgrain rice and welsh onions, a turnip root and half of a giant tomato stewed in a teaspoon of olive oil, pepper and dried Italian herbs. (I only found stewing as a translation of dünsten and I hope it gives the right nuance.)

In the evening, I had three slices of bread with vegetable spreading (the self-made avocado and pumpkin spreading) and some cheese. I also had a few halves of walnuts.

I was doing ok today, but I nearly fell asleep at work, and I have an hour drive. I was out of fruit and protein bars and I am not sure they would have been enough anyway.

I had a 12oz coke; 140 calories of HFCS. :(

The only redeaming part is I can't eat tomorrow until about noon, so I will actually be down calories. (I hate skiping breakfast, it makes me naseous)

Archived