Swine flu outbreak in Mexico

IheartTesla

Seriously? I remember you mentioning flu-like symptoms but it never crossed my mind it was swine-flu!

I do hope get all the way better soon. :grouphug:

My mom coughs into her elbow. I guess I should train myself to do it too, it sounds a lot healthier.

I wasn't sure either, until I checked with said medical friend who's been working up on the reserves. The elbow-coughing indoctrination starts in the schools here, with the kiddies being told to do it that way.

If you cough/sneeze into your hands you should be washing them afterwards.

I'm always telling people NOT to pick up discarded papers on the train or tube because I see people every single day coughing or sneezing into their papers before leaving them when they get off. TRUST NO ONE. :|

:ack: Elbows all the way!

The elbow-coughing indoctrination starts in the schools here, with the kiddies being told to do it that way.

I wish! I'm having a hard time persuading kids to stop coughing in my face. :ack:

I guess I should post something relevant to the thread as well. Greece came late to the swine flu party a couple of weeks ago and we've only managed to have 88 confirmed cases so far, all of them fairly mild. It's amusing how nearly all of these cases are tourists arriving from the States and Canada and people who came in contact with them.

Oh man! I have a runny nose since morning and my head hurt quite a bit when I woke up, (no fever though)! I distinctly remember sitting next to a couple of Mexicans on the metro yesterday. I'm freaking out! What are the symptoms for the flu? Or should I just go see a doctor. There have been like several dozen cases in Montreal so far I think.

Oh man! I have a runny nose since morning and my head hurt quite a bit when I woke up, (no fever though)! I distinctly remember sitting next to a couple of Mexicans on the metro yesterday. I'm freaking out! What are the symptoms for the flu? Or should I just go see a doctor. There have been like several dozen cases in Montreal so far I think.

I think you'll be fine as long as you avoid the Mexicans from now on.

What are the symptoms for the flu? Or should I just go see a doctor.

Symptoms: fever, chills, bodily aches, sore throat. No point in seeing a doctor unless you are experiencing tightness of breath. You're most likely to catch it from someone at work who doesn't believe in washing his hands after he coughs or sneezes, or who thinks it's important to go to work even when he feels crappy, thereby spreading germs all over his plodding colleagues.

How could you tell they were mexicans? who had recenently arrived from Mexico, no less?

Is this a serious post? I can't tell nowadays.

Archived