True Blood II

Lupigis

I've been wondering if somehow Eric wants Jason to get involved w/ V again so he can somehow use him to get closer to Sookie. I wouldn't think this at all if Eric wasn't putting Lafayette "back in business."

I think the reason he wants Lafayette back in business is just so they can set up the buyers from other areas of the states. It'll be a lot easier to find and catch dealers and buyers if you have an inside guy.

I think the reason he wants Lafayette back in business is just so they can set up the buyers from other areas of the states. It'll be a lot easier to find and catch dealers and buyers if you have an inside guy.

I think they're trying to corner the market and make an assload of money.

I think it's a combination. If people are going to buy and sell the drug, they might as well be in charge so that vamps don't end up dead, plus having hooks in Lafayette (who Sookie went to bat for and thus cares about) and Jason means he can "coincidentally" waltz into Bon Temps any time he likes without arousing Bill's suspicion.

Well, any time he likes except daylight.

Guest thebadlady

Just came so hard my toenails are still vibrating. Eric, naked in the shower, with two other naked men. Talking a foreign language. Capped to show he was being hard core. Oh GOD.

Trisk, drink some water cuz I am on the way to make you my Eric. ;)

And...for as honourable and stuff Eric is, he is still a very good businessman. I could easily see him ordering the vamps under his rule to produce a few vials each. I think when it comes right down to it, I really like the vamps in this series (in the books anyway) because they do something for so many reasons. The are superpowered Littlefingers. :P

Edit:

The fog of lust has lifted a bit and now I have a wondering...maybe Eric wants the customers to have the V so the vamps can track them. In the books and show, if there are so many (3 usually) instances where the human has the vamp's blood, they are bonded and can sense each other, etc.

I admit, I found the vampire side of this episode a significant let-down. Godric was intriguing, but ... the whole thing with the LODI was just so anti-climactic and poorly paced.

This. The whole resolution to the Godric-is-missing plotline was very disappointing. Basicaly, he let himself be taken as a social experiment? Because he thought that allowing the Fellowship of the Sun to capture him, only to later reveal that he could have killed them at will would make them more inclined to communicate and coexist peacefully with vampires? Does this make any more sense in the books, because it sure doesn't make sense on TV!

I'm also disappointed about Sam's stupidity. If he's hiding in his car with a gun it's because he's scared to go home or to the bar, right? Then he gets a call from the bar from someone who hangs up immediately. Why on earth should this make him want to go back to the bar? If he was scared to go there before, why should he be less scared to go there after an anonymous call? It doesn't make sense and smacks of plot convenience!

WRT to Maryanne, I still like that plot and but I really think it's time for her to at least be confronted by someone she can't immediately control. The scenes with Tara and Eggs were scary and disgusting in just the right way!

Thoughts for the upcoming episode? The preview is tantalizing (its up on youtube). We know at least that the explosion goes off and some vamps die. Hope Godric is not one of them (I hope he gets injured but his vamp healing is so strong he heals)

Thoughts for the upcoming episode?

The vampires/Sookie: Some of them die, but obviously not Erik, Bill, Sookie or Jason. Godric may or may not make it. It will be more interesting if he dies, since he will then become a martyr that various vampire factions can use for different purposes. After healing their wounds, the Louisiana vampires and humans leave for home (but do not reach it in the next episode). Relationship drama may ensue on the way.

Sam/Tara/Maryann: The cops have taken Sam and refuse to let him out. (Since his ex GF was found murdered in his bar partially covered in black plastic bags with Sam's fingerprints on them, he is in deep legal shit indeed.) As seen in the preview

SPOILER: From preview
Maryann still wants to sacrifice him and comes for him in jail.
I have a strong feeling that one of the cliffhangers to end next episode will be that Sam is again captured by Maryanne and about to be sacrificed. I want him to do a badass piece of shapeshifting to get away or fight back but I don't think it will happen.

Guest thebadlady

In the books, Godrick wanted to die because he was a child molester and fed off of children. That doesn't lead to me finding him sexsay.

I never get to see the previews - if Erik and Sookie are naked in bed together than they are moving into book three? I'll reread again once I get done with my other to be reads.

In the books, Godrick wanted to die because he was a child molester and fed off of children. That doesn't lead to me finding him sexsay.

I'm clearly not talking about the Godric from the books. I'm talking about the Godric from the show.

And of course, I am bummed about how it turned out. Goodbye, hotness.

Guest thebadlady
I'm clearly not talking about the Godric from the books. I'm talking about the Godric from the show.

And of course, I am bummed about how it turned out. Goodbye, hotness.

Aye, of course. *nod*

I am somewhat embarassed to admit I got mistyeyed about Godrick's end.

He played the character very well, Godric that is. I found it touching also, and got glassy-eyed myself.

From almost the first moment we met Godric it was almost as if he was in pain and doing a bad job of hiding it.

I think he missed his humanity, thats why he was in pain. Something no matter how hard he tried he could never have back not in another two-thousand years, not in ten-thousand years.

Thats why it meant so much to him that Sookie was with him at the end, she was there as a friend with compassion. Someone who could forgive him for what he is and what hes done.

I am curious what Godric to said to Eric that wasnt translated. Im assuming it was "Father brother, son...let me go"

I thought Godric was very well-handled, and it was a great end scene. There was something very otherworldly about his portrayal of being a 2000-year-old vampire, as if he's already got one foot in the grave (or maybe one foot in life; and by being so close to being human ["I don't think like a vampire anymore"], it made it possible for him to accept an ending).

For those who read Harris's series, are there older vampires than Godric? I gather from what someone said up thread that in the book, he wanted to die not because he was tired of life, per se, but because he was tired of the sort of vampire he was. But maybe all very old vampires start to get tired of it all in Harris's series.

ETA: And yeah, "Father. Brother. Son."

For those who read Harris's series, are there older vampires than Godric?

I am trying to remember what was said about the Queen of Louisiana's age... don't think she's as old as Godric. She's the only powerful one that I can recall who specifically comes to mind as far as having her age discussed. I loaned my books out, perhaps someone else remembers.

I loved the bullet sucking scene. :lol: "You big A-hole!" Sookie hasn't seemed to contemplate the implications of what Bill told her re: sexual attraction in terms of her attraction to Bill.

I thought Nan the beaurocrat was fun, haha.

Enjoyed Godric and his end as well.

Love it when Lafayette kicks ass, heh.

This was the best episode of the entire series so far!

Godric's weird behaviour was explained and it was acknowledged that he was in fact acting irrationally. Erik got to be both a ruthless manipulator and show genuine feelings at Godric's death. Sam did the badass shapeshifting act I was wishing for, using the same trick both to get out of jail and literally be a fly on the wall at Maryann's place, and he finally teamed up with Andy. Lafayette kicked ass! All good!

I am so looking forward to the next episode now!

This episode was not as good as the others. Things moved way to slow. At least the mary ann thing had some progress. Godric's end was sad, I guess he was just tired of being a vampire. I do wish we had seen him in action though, taking on a horde of humans or something or destroying mary ann.

I wonder what Sam and Andy will be able to do vs mary ann if she truly is as powerful as they say. I mean, can bullets even harm her?

Archived