ASOIAF Biggest Scumbag

Bastard Rivers

I have noticed a lot of people are willing to defend VERY heinous actions on the part of their favorite characters (myself included). But who is too rotten to forgive? In your opinion who is the creepiest, slimiest, scumbag in ASOIAF?

Note: I'm not asking who is your least favorite character, just who is the most morally repugnent? Littlefinger? Joff? Craster? Walder Frey? The Tickler? Who would you be most ashamed to have in your family?

While I can never forgive Joff for beheading Ned, he remains a stupid, ignorant child. The person I hate most, though, is Walder Frey, assuming he thought of the Red Wedding. It could have been Black Walder, or Bolton who thought of the details, but the blood remains on Walder's hands. So in my opinion, he's the biggest scum bag.

Tywin Lannister (cue Tywin defenders). He has more power, more potential than everyone else mentioned. More opportunities to do things right. He has the intelligence, wealth, influence. Smart as Littlefinger, proud as Walder Frey, tactical cunning above everyone, resources (wealth, bannerman) equal to or above everyone, and still he is a cruel, heartless bastard.

Systemic raping of Tyrion's first wife. The callous use of "tools" such as Gregor Clegane and Amory Lorch, knowing full well what blunt objects they are. Condoning the rape of murder of Elia of Dorne. The brutal sacking of King's Landing.

Are these simply the necessary mechanications to bring peace to the land? His defenders would argue that. But Tywin takes it all further than necessary. He takes a pleasure in his brutality, I guarantee it. As bad as Gregor Clegane is, it is Tywin that allows him to be so.

The constant politcal manuvering of Frey, Tywin Littlefinger etc. offends me far less than Gregor, Bitter, Rorge. They act out of pure malicious hate. As a pacifist, the pure joy they get in rape murder etc is very disgusting to me. On the other hand, Qyburn's resemblens to Mengela of the Nazi death camps offends me alot as well, given that I am Jewish. I have to say that Gregor is the owrst of them given that we don't know nearly anytging about Rorge and his motivations/history and Biter not so much a human as a plot devise and anamal, and Qyburn simply hasn't commited the kinds of attrocities and has no where near the death count that Gregor has.

The Bloody Mummers, hands down. While Gregor may be an animal he seemed to hurt others mainly becuase they stood in his way (or within 10 miles of his way). Several of themummers obviously enjoyed inflicting pain on other people and that puts them in a league of their own. Far, far beyond people like Walder Frey.

How many times do I have to say it? Qyburn is not as bad as Mengela, because unlike him, Qyburn's work has actual scientific value. Mengela just enjoyed torturing people.

Uh...but of course I think Qyburn's work is totally creepy and evil and am not the least bit sympathetic to him,...heh. :devil:

That said, I've got to go with Gregor.

Archived