Your Right to Bear Arms is Bullsh*t

Lord of Oop North

There have been quite a few references in quite a few threads to the right to bear arms and how it is necessary to ensure a free society, and I'm sick and tired of hearing about it. Fuck your right to bear arms. That's right.

During the Presidency of Bill Clinton, your Senators voted to impeach him for getting blowjobs, basically. Your entire nation was in uproar. How dare he have an affair! He even lied about it! How dare he!

Not long after, one of the biggest tyrants in the history of your Presidency, lied, in order to invade a sovereign nation, and this led to the deaths of thousands upon thousands of people. He introduced things like the torture center at Guatanamo Bay and the Patriot Act, but where were the Senators voting to impeach him? Where was the fuckin' trial? Your country even chose to re-elect him. Seriously, what the fuck? What a joke. Where were the people rising up in arms and descending on the White House? What ever happened to guns being the key to ensuring a free society? Or does infringing on the rights of brown people not count? I guess not. Who gives a fuck about brown people anyway, right?

It does seem like all the gun nuts were the ones who supported Bush in the first and second place. So basically, I'm calling all you gun nuts a bunch of cowards. If there was a legitimate threat, you wouldn't do anything because you are a bunch fat, lazy, big-mac eatting, fox-news watching, losers and you would get your asses blown to pieces by the tyrannical United States military, when they decide to put down your "well-regulated militia".

It's also rather sickening how many people think that everyone has the unimpeded right to a gun, but not everyone has the right to unimpeded health care. That's really fucked up. I can't even imagine how it is possible to think like that. Maybe if I was General Zod and I didn't give a fuck about puny pinkfleshes, and only cared about destruction and domination. But I digress. It is nice that your conspiracy fantasies, which you don't seem to act on anyway, take precedence over the present realities of life. Great priorities, guys.

What a crock of shit.

:rofl: You Canadians are so funny when you're angry, eh. :lol:

I've been saying pretty much the same things in Ohio. I'm gonna call bullshit on your condensendingness.

I've been saying pretty much the same things in Ohio. I'm gonna call bullshit on your condensendingness.

Just returning courtesy where courtesy has been received and is due. That's all. Though in all fairness, Loon has not been nearly as nasty with the lack of respect as several others have been.

There have been quite a few references in quite a few threads to the right to bear arms and how it is necessary to ensure a free society, and I'm sick and tired of hearing about it. Fuck your right to bear arms. That's right.

<snip>

What a crock of shit.

Bravo. :thumbsup: The fucked-upedness of Merka never stops. It won't help, but thanks for pointing it out.

Just returning courtesy where courtesy has been received and is due. That's all. Though in all fairness, Loon has not been nearly as nasty with the lack of respect as several others have been.

ORLY?

Where are all these other nasties hiding saying horrible things? Care to link a couple so we can all agree that you are being so hard done by.

One thing that blows my mind is just the staggering amount of firearms that are out there. I'm thinking about moving across town in a couple months so I was looking for some stats on how likely I'd be to get shanked up over there. That led me to the police department website and thier crime stats page. Check out the Firearm Recoveries at the bottom. Looks like about 100-200 on average every single month for the last 6 1/2 years. In one city. Now imagine that on a national scale. Thats a shit load of guns.

LooN,

During the Presidency of Bill Clinton, your Senators voted to impeach him for getting blowjobs, basically. Your entire nation was in uproar. How dare he have an affair! He even lied about it! How dare he!

Well, while I agree this wasn't worthy of impeachment he did lie under oath (regardless of the subject) that's not a small thing. He was disbarred for lieing under oath.

Not long after, one of the biggest tyrants in the history of your Presidency, lied, in order to invade a sovereign nation, and this led to the deaths of thousands upon thousands of people. He introduced things like the torture center at Guatanamo Bay and the Patriot Act, but where were the Senators voting to impeach him? Where was the fuckin' trial? Your country even chose to re-elect him. Seriously, what the fuck? What a joke. Where were the people rising up in arms and descending on the White House? What ever happened to guns being the key to ensuring a free society? Or does infringing on the rights of brown people not count? I guess not. Who gives a fuck about brown people anyway, right?

Bad President, yeah I'm not going to argue he was anything but a really bad President, but a "Tyrant." I'm not going that far. Additionally, please remember that the vast majority of members of both political parties in the U.S. voted in favor of the "Patriot Act" that you rightfully revile. If Bush goes down for the Patriot Act there are a lot of others who would come with him. As for an armed revolt as a result of the Patriot Act that would have been very suprising given the fact most American's supported the Act when it was passed.

It does seem like all the gun nuts were the ones who supported Bush in the first and second place. So basically, I'm calling all you gun nuts a bunch of cowards. If there was a legitimate threat, you wouldn't do anything because you are a bunch fat, lazy, big-mac eatting, fox-news watching, losers and you would get your asses blown to pieces by the tyrannical United States military, when they decide to put down your "well-regulated militia".

It's also rather sickening how many people think that everyone has the unimpeded right to a gun, but not everyone has the right to unimpeded health care. That's really fucked up. I can't even imagine how it is possible to think like that. Maybe if I was General Zod and I didn't give a fuck about puny pinkfleshes, and only cared about destruction and domination. But I digress. It is nice that your conspiracy fantasies, which you don't seem to act on anyway, take precedence over the present realities of life. Great priorities, guys.

Well, let's see one right is currently in the U.S. Constitution, the other is not. Constitutional amendments are difficult to pass in the U.S. That being the case is it really a shock one is guaranteed and the other is not, particularly given the fact that the 2nd Amendment was passed about ten seconds after the ratification of the U.S. Constitution. I'll be suprised if we don't have some version of UHC in the U.S. within the next ten years. So, just be patient, you'll be able to pick something else to be condesending about in a few years.

Forgive my lack of proper respect, I forgot my place. I believe I am supposed to be a meek little Canadian, whom cows to the demands of the Greater United States of America, yes? I shall endeavour to fufill my correct role in the near future. But first, I'll have to learn to stop being so god damn surly. No easy task, I assure you. Secondly, I will have to find a pair of horse-blinders and ear-muffs, so that I can somehow ignore the rampant hypocrisy that is spouted on a daily basis by a large percentage of the population of this continent. Either that, or I should drug myself into a coma, where my worries will float away like a man on a morphine drip. But I do suspect that this plan will be a spectacular failure, because I find it most difficult to respect positions that I find morally reprehensible. That and I doubt that the drinking will disappear any time soon.

Again, please find it within yourself to forgive me for my rough and simple ways. I am but a lowly and ignorant servant of the working classes, who does strives mightily and at little money, so that his betters can rape and pillage our continent and planet, for the heavenly dream that is capitalism.

What about those of us who like guns and are in shape, don't eat big macs, don't watch TV, and simply don't care who the president is? Can we get our own special diatribe or do we have to slate ourselves under this one?

We've got tons of them in Canada.

You don't need an enshrined right to bear arms in order to go shoot animals in the woods.

LooN,

Not long after, one of the biggest tyrants in the history of your Presidency

I'm looking at this statement again. Are you really putting Bush in the same catagory as Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Genghis Khan, Nero, Robert Mugabe, Napoleon, Mussolini, the thugs in Rwanda who went after the Tutsis, and the Taliban?

I dunno. I sorta want some guns so I can defend myself against those gun-totin' crazy 'Merkins. Also, I live in New England so most of us are exempt from the label of Bible-belt, gun totin', gay hatin' hicks.

Ser Scott, so GWB gets off on the bullshit technicality that he never lied under oath, is that what you are saying? His lies caused the deaths of just over 4,000 americans and who knows how many iraqi civilians, but he never lied under oath so he's in the clear. Bill Clinton lied about sexing up an intern (who wasn't even under-age) under oath so get him!

As I said in the UHC thread, you all want to enjoy your precious rights granted to you by the constitution, but when push comes to shove nobody is prepared to step up to the obligations that come with those rights. Ostensibly, you have the second amendment so that the sovereignty of the United States can be defended, and so that the People can protect itself against their Government. So why the fuck won't you?

If people really liked the Patriot Act that much, perhaps they're too stupid to own guns. I'm sure there is some legal fine-print somewhere preventing retards from purchasing firearms?

ETA

I should point out that I'm not against gun-ownership as such. Sports or hunting for example? No problemo. In general I'm also fine with owning guns for personal protection, even if I think that whole argument is predicated on faulty logic. It's just this whole "Got to overthrow the government!" bit that threatens to give me an anger-stroke.

Archived