The Zombie Apocalypse

Zombies. We all know that it is only a matter of time. Eventually hordes of undead will be wandering the streets, moaning for our brains. The purpose of this thread is to discuss strategies, weapons, and what -if any- role the BWB will play in the newly constituted territorial governments of our respective landmasses.

I believe that the primary responsibility of the Arizona and Texas chapters of the BWB will be to rescue one George R.R. Martin in New Mexico, along with his word processor and take them to a secure location. The Arizonans are all armed, and can make good time on our motorcycles. I shall be packing a 12 gauge shotgun in a molle case, a large calibre handgun in a hip holster, a broadsword on the opposite hip, and I'll have to fashion a way to mount my pole-axe on the bike.

California? Canada? Northeast? UK?- join the resistance.

Don't forget a small portable generator to power the aforementioned word processor. We cannot rely on the utilities to last when the zombies come.

As for myself, I will be continuing my bladed weapon collection, and in particular pursue a full battle ready Longclaw. I can think of no finer weapon to destroy the undead than that. In addition to several blades, I'll be creating/carrying a home-brewed flame thrower, and heading South from Milwaukee. The winters here are not something I'd like to brave with the heating out, and as all wildlings now, a fire can be the difference between life and death. I might jack a snow plow, truth be told. Lift those blades up a few feet off the ground, and it'd be perfect for mowing down masses of zombies.

Oh, and I will raid the breweries up here and be bringing down as many kegs as I can.

For your poleaxe, why not mount it parallel to the bike, so that can be used as a lance? A pair of those on either side would probably be useful.

Living on a remote island I feel I may have an unfair advantage in the survival stakes.

With somewhat tightened security procedures at the airport (I'm thinking shotgunning of anyone with a slightly shambling gait and/or of any arrivals that show any gustatory interest in a pile of (fake) brains), we should be golden.

Hoping the government will also start stockpiling some non-perishable food items. As a nation, we also need to ramp up our development of reverse osmosis to increase water production. All the buildings in downtown Hamilton need to be turned into vertical farms for production of fresh food stuffs.

Look, I'm a zombie, and I resent being shot at or chainsawed on sight. You arrogant, narrow-minded, selfish pulse-having people have no idea what it's like to amble in my shoes.

Until you all get off your high horse about the simple cultural differences of brain-eating vs. brain-having, I think I'll just stay out of reactionary, uninformed threads like this one.

Good day!

Look, I'm a zombie, and I resent being shot at or chainsawed on sight. You arrogant, narrow-minded, selfish pulse-having people have no idea what it's like to amble in my shoes.

Until you all get off your high horse about the simple cultural differences of brain-eating vs. brain-having, I think I'll just stay out of reactionary, uninformed threads like this one.

Good day!

Your kind ain't welcome here.

Living on a remote island I feel I may have an unfair advantage in the survival stakes.

I pity you, ser. When the outbreak makes it to your city you will find that your poor isolated island is not a refuge, but a prison. You will have nowhere to go...

Look, I'm a zombie

*repeatedly bashes K26dp with poleaxe*

KILL IT CIARAN! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!

*repeatedly bashes K26dp with poleaxe*

KILL IT CIARAN! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!

*readies flamethrower*

K26dp, there might be some momentary discomfort. But, please remember, this is for the better good. We're making the world a better place...one zombie at a time.

*readies flamethrower*

K26dp, there might be some momentary discomfort. But, please remember, this is for the better good. We're making the world a better place...one zombie at a time.

Now you see the violence inherent in the system!!!!!

My place has guns but no bikes. Preparations would include hoarding food and other essentials (though ammo is a bitch to find these days). I’d also stock up on bricks and mortar, which would be used to wall off the stairwells and elevators in my apartment complex. The only way to get into my apartment would be by rope ladder. You’ve never seen a zombie climb a rope ladder, have you?

I’d also wall off the inner courtyard. This will be the new home for those zombies that I’ve captured alive. They will be the subject of an experimental domestication program. Zombie slaves could have their uses.

*readies flamethrower*

You need to re-educate yourself. A flametrower will be of no use in the comming zombie war. All you will do is ensure that the zombie who devours your flesh will be nice and warm as it bites into you. The brain must be destroyed to stop the zombie, how much heat would it take to burn through the skull and burn the brain out? How much time would it take? You need to rethink your strategy.

Also bladed weapons are inferior to blunt weapons when combating zombies. The sword has little chance of destroying a zombie skull and severed heads are still a danger as the zombie does not need it's body to survive. Use a sledge or a crowbar to smash the skulls to a pulp, but make sure to wear protection when going in up close and personal. At least you are right that island nations are a death-trap and too be avoided. Above all else it is important to have an escape route and your survival gear must be portable.

I will report back after I take stock of my supplies and community readiness. Remember knowing is half the battle!

I’d also wall off the inner courtyard. This will be the new home for those zombies that I’ve captured alive. They will be the subject of an experimental domestication program. Zombie slaves could have their uses.

The hubris of the few will cause great suffering for the many. All zombies should be destroyed, they have no use to humanity, they are the enemy.

My place has guns but no bikes. Preparations would include hoarding food and other essentials (though ammo is a bitch to find these days). I’d also stock up on bricks and mortar, which would be used to wall off the stairwells and elevators in my apartment complex. The only way to get into my apartment would be by rope ladder. You’ve never seen a zombie climb a rope ladder, have you?

Yeah, but then you'd have to worry about zombie uprisings and such. And in a few hundred years (or less), someone's gonna start bitching about how poorly zombie slave conditions are, and want equal rights for zombies. That and I'm sure that PETA will be complaining about your zombie experiments and how it's "cruel to zombies" and "zombies are people too." Damn PETA.

@Security Squish

I disagree. A zombie without a body, or without a leg or two, is going to be far less mobile than one with both legs. It will also take far less effort, and be far quicker on the recovery, to cut through a zombie's head or arm, than it would to utterly destroy it with a blunt attack. Also, a flamethrower, with sufficient heat, can very easily eat through the flesh and destroy the brain. Think more long the lines of a really big blow torch rather than a flame thrower.

Yeah, but then you'd have to worry about zombie uprisings and such. And in a few hundred years (or less), someone's gonna start bitching about how poorly zombie slave conditions are, and want equal rights for zombies. That and I'm sure that PETA will be complaining about your zombie experiments and how it's "cruel to zombies" and "zombies are people too." Damn PETA.

Hmm, there may be truth to this. They can go to hell and actually stay there if they think I'm going to pay any kind of reparations.

Question: Are animals affected by the zombie virulence? The last thing I want is for them to be riding undead lions and elephants. We should consider staying away from zoos.

@Security Squish

I disagree. A zombie without a body, or without a leg or two, is going to be far less mobile than one with both legs. It will also take far less effort, and be far quicker on the recovery, to cut through a zombie's head or arm, than it would to utterly destroy it with a blunt attack. Also, a flamethrower, with sufficient heat, can very easily eat through the flesh and destroy the brain. Think more long the lines of a really big blow torch rather than a flame thrower.

It's your funeral. I'm just trying to help.

All I gotta say is, one of you people has to be the "guy who got bit, but doesn't tell anyone", and I HATE you! You will be found.

A bite inspection policy must be enforced in our bunker.

Also bladed weapons are inferior to blunt weapons when combating zombies. The sword has little chance of destroying a zombie skull and severed heads are still a danger as the zombie does not need it's body to survive.

Au contraire, the broadsword can easily cut through the skull, either on a horizontal or vertical swing, destroying the brain. It is also far less unwieldy than bludgeoning weapons, making it superior against multiple opponents. Fortunately, the pole axe has both axe and hammer faces.

That and I'm sure that PETA will be complaining about your zombie experiments and how it's "cruel to zombies" and "zombies are people too." Damn PETA.

It shall be the duty of BWB Northeast members to capture any and all PETA supporters. We can use them as bait.

All I gotta say is, one of you people has to be the "guy who got bit, but doesn't tell anyone", and I HATE you! You will be found.

A bite inspection policy must be enforced in our bunker.

Yes and those who grow curious about their way of life.

I am reminded of that guy from Land of the Dead.

Foxy: [Cholo is bitten by a zombie and Foxy hold a gun aimed at him] It's your call man.

Cholo: [hesitates then shakes his head no] Nah, I always wanted to see how the other half lives.

Archived