I Love My Cat

Relic

It was when I heard him speak to his 17-year-old Siamese using his special cat voice. A man who can have such tenderness for an animal is worth keeping. To this day, the cat voice makes me go all soft inside. :)

Are there more women like you out there? Should I be practicing a special cat voice as an assist to my (normally) poor powers of seduction?

<- Another man who likes cats.

When I grew up, between cats and dogs, we always had two or three animals around. They're not great with strangers, generally, but they aren't heartless, they can be very affectionate with people they know. I'm more of a dog person in general, but I did have one great cat when I was younger. Dogs are great, but they are a bit more work, and I can understand people who wouldn't feel right having them in a small apartment. I'm animal-less right now, I just had to put my dog down a couple weeks ago and I'm not ready for a new pet yet (I still imagine him around the house :( ) but eventually, I could go with either.

Relic,

Aside from the obvious pun why do so many women own/love cats? I can't seem to meet a girl that doesnt have a devil beast prowling around her apartment.

What's the deal here? Any women want to fill me in?

edit - also, i want to call this thread "Chicks and Cats" but felt i might get yelled out for saying "Chicks". Paranoia or truth?

"Devil beasts"? What's wrong with cats? Cats are great pets. My families (my birth family and now the family my wife and I have built) have always had cats. It has absolutely nothing to do with the sex of the cats owner or owners.

Are there more women like you out there? Should I be practicing a special cat voice as an assist to my (normally) poor powers of seduction?

I said the cat voice was what clinched it. He had a lot of things going for him anyway though. :)

yes. yes there are. They have yet to make an appearance in this thread tho.

Relic, I bet you think I'm weird. And I am, in many ways. But swooning over dalThor's cat-voice is no proof of that.

I love both cats and dogs, but my favorite dogs are the ones that are definitely over 50 pounds, which in an apartment is tough because well, they need room. Dogs that are ten pounds and under do not qualify as dogs to me, so I don't have dogs. When we move, and the cats pass on, then we'll get a dog.

One of my cats is high maintenance, but that's because she's a lot like a dog. We have to keep her entertained by playing fetch, giving her plushies to maul to death, and taking her out for walks occasionally. She had almost learned to use the toilet before the other cat decided he couldn't deal with life sans litterbox... so we're back to litter, sadly. I'm not much for cuddling or snuggling, but Pooka has decided that I'm her mama and she needs to be by me all the time. Has gotten worse since I got knocked up. Maybe once I give birth she'll go away?

Schnee swears that I was only prohibited from doing it for the first trimester. I maintain that it's the entire pregnancy. I don't mind not having to scoop, but at the same time, I want to do it. I keep it cleaner than he does, and I'm faster at changing litterboxes. Cats are both negative for toxo as well. Such is life. I am prohibited from doing anything with the litterbox.

I'm another guy that likes cats. Dogs are fun but I couldn't spend that much effort every day looking after a pet, plus my cat used to kill rabbits and bring back their heads, what's not cute about that?

Dogs are noisy, smelly, messy, demanding, require far too much effort to look after, take up a lot of space. I just don't see the point.

Cats are cute, do not require constant attention but can be very affectionate too, can be sent hyper with a legal high (catnip) for entertainment purposes, sleep most of the day, decimate the local population of mice/frogs/birds etc. What's not to like?

I love both dogs and cats and I hope we can have a dog as well once we have enough space. Currently we have two cats, and as far as cats go, they're pretty messy, unfortunately. They are cute and entertaining tho. :)

I like dogs in theory. I like it when my friends bring thier dogs around and I can play with them for a while, or checking up on people's dogs when they are out of town. But I can tell you for certain that I have zero interest in cleaning up poop and hair, and having to plan my after work or weekend activities around taking care of an animal. I'd maybe like to have a dog one day, but not now. If I were to get a pet anytime soon it would definitely be a cat.

Unfortunately I think I'm slightly allergic to them. It won't make me a wreck, but I've noticed I get a little stuffy and sneezy in houses with cats.

Archived