Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Linda

INFO: Interested in joining the MUSH?

152 posts in this topic

Hmm, will have to think about it. Really don't wanna be spoiled worse than I already have, but love roleplaying, so I'll give it some thought.

Sure thing :) I wouldn't want to say there's absolutely no risk of spoilers, since it is real-time rather than something that can be moderated afterwards. One option might be to stay off the channels entirely, but that can make it hard to get to know people and get into how things work.

Aren't MUSHes dying out? I don't want to invest in something that is going to fade away quickly.

MUSHing is a shrinking hobby, yes, with nowhere near the numbers it had 15 years ago. That said, I think a lot of those still playing aren't planning to go anywhere anytime soon so I am not sure it is shrinking all that much any longer.

We're certainly not planning to go anywhere anytime soon. :)

No, the game is focused on court roleplay so everyone plays a noble or someone notable within a noble household. :)

I'd like to join, but I don't know the rules nor the general concept of it. Is it some flash game outside the forums? Or a text-based game? (Used to play one of those, really well done and the story developed really well. It's amazing how intuitive people can be. Sadly it died when the GM got engaged. Good for him though!) And last of all, is it still active and 'noob' friendly?

It is a text-based game outside of the forums. It uses a server that one connects to, somewhat like an IRC server. The game is still active and we try to be newbie friendly, but it is fairly information heavy so it can take a while to get into it. :)

I've read all five books (if that counts) but I'm glad it's newbie friendly. I'll take a look, thanks Linda! :-)

I've become a big fan of the series since the show has come out. I didn't know much about ASOIAF before that.

I watched the first season and fell in love. And now I'm reading the first book, and its even better.

My question is, how does this MUSH work? I clicked that link to try it out. But I can't seem to log in as a Guest. I just want to see how other people behave and interact on the server.

Sorry if my question is tedious, I'm just new to this kind of stuff.

I was new to MUSHing too, now I can't get enough!

Click on the link (http://client.pennmush.org/guestclient/) and it should automatically log you in. One of the game's greeters or admin should give you a greeting, let them know you are there :)

Not going to lie, there's a whole lot of code to learn. Your best bet is to log in and apply for a Cameo character. They are pre-created characters that allow you to get a flavour of the game before you go into generating your own character. That way you can see how the game works and how we all converse together.

Everything becomes a lot clearer once you start playing. So get on in there and start! Give me a page if there isn't anyone more experienced offering a hand straight away ;)

I want in, how and where do I play?

I have no experience MUSHing but have all the time in the world to participate in such a thing and am a fast learner.

Edited by House Mauldania

I want in, how and where do I play?

I have no experience MUSHing but have all the time in the world to participate in such a thing and am a fast learner.

Refer to my above post and anything Linda has said. Best way to learn is to hop on in and say hello to people :)

I can't even create my character, I'm trying to create one by typing name and password, just as it says, but it's impossible.

Makes No Sansa- were you logged in as a Guest? If so you have to log out of the guest account first (use LOGOUT) and then type Create Name Password to a visitor account. That will not actually create a character for you to play on, however, but it will give you access to the channels where you can look over info on what characters you might like to request and apply to play.

So what you should be typing in to make a visitor account: Create Name Password

Or, for example: Create Newbiefriend 43jfhkshg4

Something like that.

hello everyone, I'm new here. I've tried to play MUSH but got lost, I guess. I set up a cameo charcter and after receiving an email with a password i logged in. Then I got into CG and pressed N to get to the the following steps untill I typed F to finish and supposedly to enter the game, but I found myself...well...I don't know where.

From the moment I log in with my cameo character (the Nexus I think) how do I enter the roleplay area?

Edited by vultusprime