Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Linda

INFO: Interested in joining the MUSH?

152 posts in this topic

Roleplay is actively encouraged! It's a pretty code-light game.

It is fairly active. Rough estimate... there's probably about 20 or so pretty active players, a few more who are less so. There's normally somebody always on since there are players from the US, Europe and the east (gets especially active during the US evening hours).

Come take a look!

Is the MUSH still ongoing? I have never MUSHed before, but I have roleplayed for 17+ years, and I began in text based RP, but it was a chatroom. I really have little concept of how a MUSH works, but I am interested. I have read all of the books and am currently on rereads.

Yes, the MUSH is very much active. :)

A MUSH is similar to a chatroom except the server is more suited to roleplay and there's a grid of different rooms that you can move through and see descriptions of various places.

I love this series and I love writing... I'm not confident I can write in the universe well, but I'd love to try. Would any log on here give a good example of the writing style involved?

Most of them would- everyone poses a little differently, and each of us have our own style. Skimming through http://www.westeros.org/BoD/Logs/ should give you a pretty good idea of the diversity we have, and there's no worries about starting off slow. :)

Would it still be too late to join the MUSH? I've just joined and I'm hoping its not a relic of the past.

The MUSH is still active, it is just the forum section for the MUSH that is relatively little used, but that has always been the case. :)

Thanks for letting us know. We will try to get a hold of the maintainer.

Yes it is. :) It is just the forums that aren't used much.

Yes, very much so. We just don't use the forum a lot. :)

How exactly does it work in terms of...do I make up a character, their family tree, their past history? Do I control just the one character, or their family too?

All the family trees have already been created by us and you control a single character. :)

All the family trees have already been created by us and you control a single character. :)

“I want a hundred lemon cakes and five characters!” :D

I am interesting in trying this, what webclient should I use?

Is the MUSH still active? I'll be honest in saying I'm still not 100% on how it works, but I've been involved in similar RPs in the past and (when my PC is fixed) would fancy giving it a go.