Bronx teen confesses to roasting kitten

Zap Rowsdower

So if the penalty for animal cruelty is so minor then charge her with agravated house breaking or something similar. The penalty for that is going to be far more serious isn't it?

ok googling it now and first on the list is criminal trespass in the second degree, next would be Burglary in the second degree which is a class c felony. So that could actually mean as much as 15 years in prison :)

Now doesn't that make you feel better?

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Ahem.

Sorry.

That's how your post made me feel. I almost feel like you are pullin our collective leg here.

No, seriously. Look it up. It's the single strongest predictor of adult sociopathy, and it's the single most common trait amongst serial killers and serial rapists (after gender). We could greatly reduce the amount of truly vile and disturbing violent crimes if we would just take this shit as a serious as it really is.

The problem is that, as a minor, her criminal record will be sealed. By the age of 21 this woman could be seeking employment as a nanny -- female sociopaths are most likely to choose children, the disabled or the elderly as their victims, and generally seek out positions where they have power over these types.

That's no joke, that's just some scary, scary shit.

I agree with Andhaira this woman is a serial killer in the making. She needs to be locked up.

quite right.

the NY cruelty to animals statute:

1. A person is guilty of aggravated cruelty to animals when, with no justifiable purpose, he or she intentionally kills or intentionally causes serious physical injury to a companion animal with aggravated cruelty. For purposes of this section, "aggravated cruelty" shall mean conduct which: (i) is intended to cause extreme physical pain; or (ii) is done or carried out in an especially depraved or sadistic manner.

sounds like it fits.

the offense, it appears, is a misdemeanor, and sentence is 15 days to two years, if i've read the statute correctly.

some folks might think 15 days in the clink to be a good bargain. nasty.

I can only hope that if she gets 15 days, she's locked up with some animal-loving folks. :devil:

actually, when police profile serial killers, animal abuse is on there. It isn't that far fetched to say that someone who would do that could be capable of worse.

Absolutely right. They "practice" on animals first.

One has to wonder, though, what this animal killer experienced in HER life to make her such a monster.

Relic,

UDM is right. Kay is right. Abusing animals is a strong predictor of sociopathic tendencies. This girl baked a live kitten and sees nothing wrong with it. She has very serious issues.

Again. Did you READ his POST. I guess i have to break this one down for you Scot.

This woman is clearly a sociopath

Pure conjecture. She is very clearly beyond your ability to psychoanalyze since like, you know, you don't know a single thing about her other than what you read in one article.

She should never be allowed to have or care for children, the elderly or the disabled.

She should be barred from any career in law enforcement, civil service, or any other occupation that gives her power over others.

Big over reaction or huge over reaction? Again, you know nothing about the girl and you simply can NOT judge her based on one act, however cruel towards an animal it was. I knew a kid who strapped a blockbuster firefracker to a cat, lit it, and threw the cat into a metal garbage can. Boom, red pasta sauce. A terrible act, one that disgusted me upon hearing it and made me nauseous, yet this person in question is seemingly a well adjusted adult now. he's actually a pretty cool guy, all told. maybe a bit dumb (but lets face it, lots of people are). If you had it your way he probably would have been tranqed up bouncing off of walls in a straitjacket for the last 10 years.

And she should be required to undergo a lifetime of therapy at the very least.

A few sessions to judge her mental state MIGHT be a better use of tax payer money, the therapist's time, her time, etc. I dunno, call me crazy. Or call me rational. You decide.

Oh yeah, 2 years in prison.

GREAT idea. :thumbsup: Turn a potentially troubled youth into a lifelong criminal.

Absolutely right. They "practice" on animals first.

This girl is clearly fairly unpleasant, but I think it's a bit of a leap to say she is destined to be a serial killer.

Cruelty to animals is an indicator of certain disorders but it in no way means that all those who are cruel to animals will go on to become violent criminals. Animal cruelty apparently also common amongst those who have been victims of abuse themselves.

....he's actually a pretty cool guy, all told....

Uh huh. That'll be the perfect sound bite after they catch your future serial killer buddy serving his neighbor's entrails at a 4th of July BBQ.

Uh huh. That'll be the perfect sound bite after they catch your future serial killer buddy serving his neighbor's entrails at a 4th of July BBQ.

Nah, he doesnt fit the profile. Also, he's too goofy.

This girl is clearly fairly unpleasant, but I think it's a bit of a leap to say she is destined to be a serial killer.

I'd go so far as to say demmed unpleasant meself.

Torturing/killing animals is not a given that you'll become a serial killer, but it certainly doesn't bode well for your future.

I'd go so far as to say demmed unpleasant meself.

Torturing/killing animals is not a given that you'll become a serial killer, but it certainly doesn't bode well for your future.

It is just one of many indicators, the fact that she ran off rather than stayed to watch the kitten roast makes it clear she was troubled by it. So maybe not a sociopath but still a real nutter.

Hello all...

I really am quite amused at some of the replies here. Many of you seem to believe that what this girl allegedly did was so horrible, so violent, so appalling...that you wish the EXACT same done to her. How does that make you any better? Im confused.

And no, its not true to say ONE act of animal abuse constitutes a sociopath. The indications are there that something is very much awry with this child, but we only know what the article states. She needs a psychological assessment before any conclusions are drawn.

As for jail...I agree with the poster who said that jail would take a questionably disturbed girl and almost nearly guarantee that she would emerge a deeply disturbed criminal. Jail is NOT the answer here, or in most cases. Having worked in a jail, I know first hand that inmates are not helped to become better people by the system that makes more profit when those inmates return to prison upon release.

She certainly does need help, she clearly needs intervention in her life. I hope she gets both.

Sincerely,

Lyre

Relic,

My concern is the apparently complete lack of remorse. Does your friend express any remorse for his cruel act?

All you have to go on is an article from the DAILY NEWS. A joke of a newspaper. A trash tabloid.

Gimme a break.

Relic,

You are correct, but then, that's all the information we have to go on. Assuming it to be true are you troubled by it? You didn't answer my question. Has your friend ever expressed remorse and reognized how cruel his act was or does he consider blowing up a live cat a really funny story to share?

Has your friend ever expressed remorse and reognized how cruel his act was or does he consider blowing up a live cat a really funny story to share?

it came up in conversation. he wasn't bragging but he didnt really express any remorse after i told him how sick i thought that action was.

it came up in conversation. he wasn't bragging but he didnt really express any remorse after i told him how sick i thought that action was.

Your friend has issues and honestly that you consider this person "goofy" is not something I would be proud of. I am not saying he/she is a bad person per se, but to strap an explosive on an animal that didn't do a thing to deserve this, blow them up, and not have any remorse is not a stellar example of the human species.

Archived