Bronx teen confesses to roasting kitten

Zap Rowsdower

I realize you think I'm being extreme, but you seriously do not understand how much damage these people do over the course of a lifetime.

You have no idea how many people do things like this and never do anything like it again. Neither do I, but I'm guessing the numbers are significant.

Relic,

I'll try to give you an idea of why your comments have caused such umbrage.

To illustrate the picture better replace "cat" with "infant" in your anecdote and you'll have more or less an idea of how people feel about your friend. You may say that it's not the same thing, and you would be right. But the emotional revulsion is probably roughly equivalent. A lot of people are attached to animals, just as a lot of people are attached to humans.

I predict that someone is going to argue whether one attachment is more justified than the other; I point them to peruse Relic's cat thread so things don't get derailed.

You are right, though. Killing animals does not guarantee that a person will expand that habit to humans. The reason it is generally a cause for concern, though, is that animals like cats and dogs are able to express their distress clearly - if they are experiencing pain and fear, it is very visible in their cries. If a person is unfazed by a very definite manifestation of agony in cats and dogs - are incapable of feeling remorse even - it is very probable that they will likewise be unfazed with humans too.

Perhaps your friend is an exception, but you apparently are relying on his confessions. If he doesn't regret the incident, what is to say torturing cats isn't his Saturday morning activity? You don't know for sure, just as you wouldn't know if a guy who claims to have molested children several years back and thought the experience quite fun isn't still doing it.

To illustrate the picture better replace "cat" with "infant" in your anecdote and you'll have more or less an idea of how people feel about your friend. You may say that it's not the same thing, and you would be right. But the emotional revulsion is probably roughly equivalent. A lot of people are attached to animals, just as a lot of people are attached to humans.

My cat thread doesnt have anything to do with this. I think its a terrible thing to do to a cat but like it or not the moral implications of cat vs baby are so ridiculously staggered that your argument holds about as much water as... (i got nothing witty) an open hand.

THA I am sorry but Relics whole point, at least to me, would seem to be that jumping to conclusions and screaming for vengence etc is going way over the top. Yes torturing animals is one of the possible signs of a sociopath so are other things. Taken individually they do not indicate anything!

It is when they come together that you get the profile. Until that time how about we all settle down about things.

If those hassling Relic have read all of what he has posted you would realise that animal cruelty sickens him as much as it does most of us.

but Relics whole point, at least to me, would seem to be that jumping to conclusions and screaming for vengence etc is going way over the top. Yes torturing animals is one of the possible signs of a sociopath so are other things. Taken individually they do not indicate anything!

That's pretty much it. I dont disagree that the girl needs to talk to someone that actually might give a shit about her real mental condition, but only that person could determine her sanity, morality, and so forth.

But it's all good gryph. there are enough strawmen out here to keep an army of logic birds away.

Well at least it was a Kitten and not a baby.

This time, perhaps. The next time that she decides to play a joke on someone, it very well may be a baby. Anyone that would do that to a kitten, would most likely have no problems doing the same thing to a child. Maybe after she repeats this recipe with a baby, people will finally decide that she is not fit to continue living. Of course, we are talking about New York, so that's not likely either. At least next time, maybe they'll lock her away for a few years before allowing her to go forth and murder again.

This time, perhaps. The next time that she decides to play a joke on someone, it very well may be a baby. Anyone that would do that to a kitten, would most likely have no problems doing the same thing to a child. Maybe after she repeats this recipe with a baby, people will finally decide that she is not fit to continue living. f course, we are talking about New York, so that's not likely either. At least next time, maybe they'll lock her away for a few years before allowing her to go forth and murder again.

wow.

hahahahaah. i need to post on here more. 18,500 posts is not enough to STOP THE MADNESS

Clearly that is exactly what Relic is saying because what else is left if you don't go with two years imprisonment and lifelong therapy? Those are the only two options right?

Simon man you are almost as sarcastic as me at times :)

Sorry but this thread is cracking me up especially the outrage directed at people saying hang on and wait.

This time, perhaps. The next time that she decides to play a joke on someone, it very well may be a baby. Anyone that would do that to a kitten, would most likely have no problems doing the same thing to a child. Maybe after she repeats this recipe with a baby, people will finally decide that she is not fit to continue living. Of course, we are talking about New York, so that's not likely either. At least next time, maybe they'll lock her away for a few years before allowing her to go forth and murder again.

What, in your opinion should be done with all those ranchers and slaughter house owners who kill cows after torturing them throughout their lifetime? I'd hate to see all those would-be child murderers be given more agricultural subsidies.

Disgusting.

I don't know if this criminal is a serial killer in the making (or stripper, with a name like Cheyenne Cherry), but she is clearly fucked in the head.

I hope the court imposes the most severe penalties possible.

What, in your opinion should be done with all those ranchers and slaughter house owners who kill cows after torturing them throughout their lifetime? I'd hate to see all those would-be child murderers be given more agricultural subsidies.

oh that's different. its ok to eat fish cuz they dont have any feelings

I don't think it's a big deal.

I eat a number of animals every day. I'm pretty sure none of them are treated nor slaughtered humanely. I'm also a cat owner who loves his pets.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who sees a difference between pets and livestock and the differences between livestock treatment and what Ms. Cherry did to her acquaintance's cat.

No, not every person who's tortured a small animal turn out to be serial killers and rapists, but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of serial killers and rapists have tortured small animals in their past. Someone who claims that it's fun to perform such acts of wanton cruelty to a living thing, especially a living thing highly valued by their culture as companions, obviously exhibits some sort of emotional issue. This is not normal nor is it acceptable.

What is that statement directed at? I sure hope you're not saying that the fact that someone threw an acquaintance's cat in the oven to roast is not a big deal, especially as a cat owner.

This girl didn't just kill a cat, as revolting as that may be on its own. She did it as a part of targeting a human being. She wasn't just torturing small animals, she intended to distress the pet's owner. I wake up with a horse head in my bed, I see it as a threat of violence. Do people really think therapy and jail time's a bad idea?

Do people really think therapy and jail time's a bad idea?

Jail time is rarely a good idea as far as the incarcerated is concerned. And I don't just mean because they won't enjoy it. More often than not, a more damaged person comes out than went in. Supervised probation and certainly as much therapy as is deemed necessary by qualified individuals seems more appropriate to me.

What is that statement directed at? I sure hope you're not saying that the fact that someone threw an acquaintance's cat in the oven to roast is not a big deal, especially as a cat owner.

That's exactly what I am saying.

It's not even CLOSE to APPROACHING a big deal.

Here's why:

-There is a genocide going on in Africa.

-There is a war going on in Afghanistan.

-There is a war going on in Iraq.

-There are almost a million homeless people in the United States. Probably many millions worldwide.

-There is a massive sex slave trade out of the former eastern block nations. Poor children being addicted to drugs and then raped and abused for years.

-There is a belief in Zimbabwe that if you rape a virgin girl, your AIDs will be cured.

-Hate and religion and prejudice are being taught to children every day all over the world. Particularly in the US.

-Veterans are returning from these unjust wars overseas to a country that does not and never did support them. They are ending up on the streets because their PTSD does not allow them to function like the average sheep.

This took two minutes and was off the top of my head. These are what I consider big deals.

A dead kitten? It sucks and all, but a big deal? Perspective, Ocean, you has none.

A dead kitten? It sucks and all, but a big deal? Perspective, Ocean, you has none.

To be fair, perspective needs contaxt, and I don't think we were looking at this situation with that macro. Not that you're not right in general.

I eat a number of animals every day. I'm pretty sure none of them are treated nor slaughtered humanely. I'm also a cat owner who loves his pets.

I hope you're just joking Stego. But you probably aren't.

Most animals eaten in the western world have been shot or stunned then had their throats cut. This kitten was roasted alive.

For a guy who professes to be an all American US marine protector I find that comment a bit disturbing. It makes me wonder if you're the type of marine like Lt Col Jay Kopelman who rescues a puppy, or like those other jerk marines who threw one of a cliff.

Archived