Creepy

Seventh Pup

Yeah, that's pretty creepy. How about the next time you see him siddling up to you, turning to him violently and aggressively and snarling, "What the fuck do YOU want?!" like you're gonna kick his ass.

I've found that acting more psycho than thou yields satisfactory results. :thumbsup:

Beat crazy with even more crazy.

I'm actually intrigued by the possibilities...

re: Church hugging,

I was raised a Protestant. We did weak, limp wristed handshakes; and avoided eye contact at all costs.

Nowadays I hang with a few practicing buddhists. They're all about the hug.

Long Creepy Story

Wow - Creepy indeed.

This isn't going to be able too be solved quickly or easily. What you've got to do is be pro-active and take steps to protect yourself IF his behaviour escalates into something worse. (He's acting pretty darn strange to me already, just not strange enough for the police to do anything)

Go speak to your local police force. Be extremely upfront and open about what is freaking you out stating you know that technically nothing has been done yet, but you're at a loss on how to resolve the problem and are in fact rather scared. The major point of this is to get on record that you're being bothered by someone and that you are scared of his strange behaviour. Hell, the creep might even be known to the local police as 'Bus 19's 40rd old Virgin' or something similar

Like others have suggested, keep a record of strange behaviour with date/times and even though the creep doesn't seem put off by being creepy around you even when you're with other people - the buddy system will at least make you feel safer and have a witness available incase of skull-duggery. Proving this behaviour has gone on for an extended period of time will greatly assist your case if thing escalate.

Tackle Hug

My fave hug is a variation of this I like to call the Flying Squirrel Hug. It involves someone much smaller (Kid or lady friend) taking a run up of around 10 feet or so, jumping into the air with all limbs spread-eagled and landing in the hugees arms.

Thing can go wrong with the above hugging style when drunk however...

I'm reminded of an anecdote some blogger related in which she and her friend were cornered in an alley by a group of guys who were going to kick seven shades of shit out of them. So her friend took out a knife and started cutting herself. The guys left.

that was also in a book I read once, though in the story, the girl was a solo. I can't remember the name of the story or the author, though Orson Scott Card comes to mind, but I remember the scene as plain as day.

I'm reminded of an anecdote some blogger related in which she and her friend were cornered in an alley by a group of guys who were going to kick seven shades of shit out of them. So her friend took out a knife and started cutting herself. The guys left.

I remember one of the anti-rape strategies suggested in school was to puke on yourself. The theory was if you grossed the guy out enough, it would dampen his desire to be all over you.

I have a friend who would make sure to leave bars (for the walk home) with a full bladder. In case someone with ill intent would attempt to accost her, she'd just piss herself. And if you think urinating yourself isn't enough, I'm sure your urge to go can be heightened by eating an entire bag of sugar-free candy before you ventures out into the dark night. Just make sure your destination is home and that you can make it there in a timely fashion to lesson chances of needless embarrassment.

I have a friend who would make sure to leave bars (for the walk home) with a full bladder. In case someone with ill intent would attempt to accost her, she'd just piss herself. And if you think urinating yourself isn't enough, I'm sure your urge to go can be heightened by eating an entire bag of sugar-free candy before one ventures out into the dark night. Just make sure your destination is home and that you can make it their in a timely fashion to lesson chances of needless embarrassment.

Your friend is creepy.

some different types of hugs:

the one armer: a good, non committal hug usually done when carrying something in the other arm, as in, say, an airport. It says, "greetings/ farewell, but I don't love you enough to drop what I'm carrying."

the preemptive strike: this one is usually perpetrated by a female hugger. It's a quick in and out, like the Israelis bombing the planes on the ground in the six day war, though sometimes accompanied by an air kiss or two. It says, "yes I'm hugging you, but I also hug everybody. I'm comfortable with the closeness for a second, but don't think you're special." I'm a fan of this one because contrary to what you might think, that it gives people the wrong idea, in my opinion, it more often de-balls what would otherwise be a creepy guy.

the tackle hug: I have one good friend I do this one with whenever I see her. It's usually preceeded by a gallopping run towars her. Sometimes it's literally a tackle; it depends on how soft of a surface we're standing on, which was a valuable lesson learned once outside the Port Authority in NYC.

the hand pull-in: this occurs usually between guys when one realizes a handshake simply isn't enough, and a little more closeness is called for. Sometimes the guy will release the hand, but usually not.

the grand mal hug: reserved for close friends and family, this is the one where I cease noticing/ caring what it looks like/ feels like, I just want to be as close as I can to the person for a short while. Two arms around the back, breathe in and out, no talking. Slight variations expected for boyfriend/ girlfriend hugs.

:lol:

I'm a hugger as well. Usually a preemptive striker, but around family, close friends I am a grand maller.

Archived