Creepy

Seventh Pup

-Person who asks you to sign his Do Not Resuscitate form. When you decline he tries to give a you a hug and when you try to get away from him he won't let you until you literally yell at him not to touch you. Oh, and imagine this all took place in an underground parking garage.

:leaving:

Now you are adding creepy enviroments and creepy people, when those two things mix it's like a horror movie.

I do, too.

Every time this thread comes up I get paranoid that I am creepy. Which I'm not. I'm just thoughtful. :P

By the way, did I ever tell you to quit sending me those PMs where you morphed our faces together to find out what our test-tube babies would look like? :P

I think the whole "nice guy" vs "creepy guy" is an interesting topic.

Nice Guy will give you a foot massage. Creepy guy will offer to tounge bathe your feet, the first time you meet him.

Nice Guy will walk you home safe. Creepy guy will follow you home, often.

Nice Guy will bring you flowers. Creepy guy will bring you flowers. (Flowers are creepy)

Nice Guy will ask to kiss you on the first date. Creepy guy won't ask to kiss you because your dead body wouldn't respond anyway.

Nice Guy will buy you perfume. Creepy guy will stand close behind you silent smelling your vanilla scented designer perfume while you are sitting on the public bus, oblivious, listening to Taylor Swift on your iPod.

Nice Guy will remember your birthday. Creepy guy drools while relaying every detail about you from the first time he saw you, on the bus, listening to your iPod.

I do, too.

Every time this thread comes up I get paranoid that I am creepy. Which I'm not. I'm just thoughtful. :P

The only creepin' I do is up outta the woods. :smoking:

But, yea I think at the very least when the topic comes up it is an opportunity for us all to do a little self examination to make sure that we arent ourselves creepy.

And, I think everything in Nichole's post does actually qualify. Jesus.

Nice Guy will buy you perfume. Creepy guy will stand close behind you silent smelling your vanilla scented designer perfume while you are sitting on the public bus, oblivious, listening to Taylor Swift on your iPod.

Some of my creepiest experiences have been on buses. From the homeless man that started petting my hair, to the middle aged man who leaned forward (I was sitting in front of him, and was about 17 at the time) and whispered "soooo seexxxxy" in my ear. Buses can be creepy places.

-Person who gives you $100 for your wedding even though he was not invited.

Most of your examples were extremely creepy but I'm not sure why this is? It seems a bit over the top to give $100 but I've certainly bought people drinks or something like that to congratulate them for a wedding that I'm not going to be attending.

I do, too.

Haha, I'm the same way. When I see thread titles like this I immediately wonder if it's about me in a passive aggressive way.

I also have a staring problem with certain people--I don't mean to, but sometimes I find myself staring and trying to verbalize (in my head) physical traits of people around me because I've often found my description of people in my writing is bad. All of a sudden the person will be staring back and I'll feel like a creep.

It's not like I can be like "oh, don't worry I'm a writer. I'm just brushing up on my physical description skills. Say turn around would you I need to get some words for the backside too."

I also find myself staring at two people in conversation, watching their gestures, their reactions, and mannerisms. I try to determine if they're nervous, completely engrossed, etc. Then I try to work those traits into my writing so I don't have to say "he was nervous." I can show it in how he acts.

Ah well, maybe I'm just a creep.

I think the whole "nice guy" vs "creepy guy" is an interesting topic.

Nice Guy will give you a foot massage. Creepy guy will offer to tounge bathe your feet, the first time you meet him.

Nice Guy will walk you home safe. Creepy guy will follow you home, often.

Nice Guy will bring you flowers. Creepy guy will bring you flowers. (Flowers are creepy)

Nice Guy will ask to kiss you on the first date. Creepy guy won't ask to kiss you because your dead body wouldn't respond anyway.

Nice Guy will remember your birthday. Creepy guy drools while relaying every detail about you from the first time he saw you, on the bus, listening to your iPod.

In my experience, it seems that most women will think you creepy and will not respond to you if you try to be the nice guy. I'm not naturally a macho jerk and don't know how to act like one even when drunk. Must I add that I really don't get women :)

Most of your examples were extremely creepy but I'm not sure why this is? It seems a bit over the top to give $100 but I've certainly bought people drinks or something like that to congratulate them for a wedding that I'm not going to be attending.

Well, maybe it was just because of everything else. And his "hints" that he should have been invited. And him inviting himself over to my house.

Seriously, those are just a few things he did to me. I know some one with her own list of ways he creeped her out.

Creepy? Right now I can't think of anyone I find/have found creepy. Awkward, peculiar/ whatever, but creepy in the sense of making me feel uncomfortable...no.

Maybe I'm creepy lol.

Is it possible for a woman to be a "creep" or is that just a reflection of misandrism?

I'm going to get you a T-shirt that says "I'm not a creep, I'm a writer" for your birthday on May 28.

And you'll drop it off at his house too?

Well, maybe it was just because of everything else. And his "hints" that he should have been invited. And him inviting himself over to my house.

Seriously, those are just a few things he did to me. I know some one with her own list of ways he creeped her out.

Fair enough, if it was just used as a pretext to be unpleasant then I can see why it would be creepy.

I really can't think of any anecdotes to share in this thread.

I think I have a very high threshold for creepiness/social awkwardness.

Probably because I socialized with nerds at a young age, and still find myself drawn to "outsiders". I also work in science, which means I come across absolutely brilliant, kind, good and borderline Aspergers people on a regular basis. I also occasionally meet complete strangers who read epic fantasy ;)

Or maybe I'll just have to join AG and Simon in the creepy corner.

Archived