Aussies XLVII

Paxter

They should name December "The Infighting Month" in Australian politics:

NSW Labor in Leadership challenge...

Man, never underestimate the stupidity of the NSW Labor Right. They were always going down but with Rees ditching Tripodi they had a chance of saving some seats. Now they're going to get hammered, even my family are talking about voting Tory this time.

Yeah, NSW Labor need to purge the power brokers on the right faction (more specifically, those "Terrigals") from itself. Those like Eddie Obeid and Joe Tripodi have been raping the party for too long. If Labor crash and burn spectacularly at the next election in 2011 (which is looking likely), I imagine much of the blame will rightly be placed on these idiots responsible for the fiasco that is NSW Labor and they'll be promptly dumped.

Poor Rees, I didn't mind him.

I don't really know much about this new bird of a leader, but if I've never heard of her and then I read in the papers "I'm going to do it my way, I will not be a puppet" written about her. Then unfortunately I believe she is going to be a puppet.

Poor Rees, I didn't mind him.

I don't really know much about this new bird of a leader, but if I've never heard of her and then I read in the papers "I'm going to do it my way, I will not be a puppet" written about her. Then unfortunately I believe she is going to be a puppet.

You are wise beyond your years, grasshopper.

This was a ridiculous change of Premier. There was no reason for it, Rees had actually been going fairly well and kept the government out of the major headlines for a little while. I guess Tripodi and co were out for revenge after getting burned in his ministry reshuffle, but in doing so they're really just pressing the self-destruct button.

Whispers that Turnbull is going to form his own party. I doubt it'll happen, but the hypothetical third party in Australian politics would be an interesting one. According to Turnbull's views the party would be economic and socially conservative, but progressive on climate change, republic, etc. It'd be a strange mix.

Archived