MMA 2009 III

Analu

I am going to leave you to ponder the thought that maybe, just maybe, there is a tiny area between 'Fedor must sign for UFC or he is a coward' and 'I am happy Fedor hasn't signed for UFC'.

Haha, I wasn't talking specifically about your arguments with Stego.

It's just interesting to me that, like Horus said, "what I want him to do is what's right for him." People seem to be such fans of Fedor that they're happier that he's getting more money by signing with a secondary promotion than if he had accepted a worse deal and fought tougher competition. I'm more selfish than that.

Haha, I wasn't talking specifically about your arguments with Stego.

It's just interesting to me that, like Horus said, "what I want him to do is what's right for him." People seem to be such fans of Fedor that they're happier that he's getting more money by signing with a secondary promotion than if he had accepted a worse deal and fought tougher competition. I'm more selfish than that.

I try to be clearly on the same side of this issue with every fighter. It isn't just Fedor. I wan't all fighters to have more options and for fans to quit acting like these ppl owe them something.

Or the shit that Anderson Silva had to go through bc two of his fights weren't highlight reel fodder, after he had knocked out or submitted 8 straight opponents. Just sad. It's nice to know who your fans are.

Chuck Liddell earned a whole lot of points in my book when he stood up for him. I'm trying not to speak ill of his skills as much these days. I also think that DW has no right to retire him if he still wants to fight.

I'm with you Horus n crew. I don't appreciate some of DW's more strong armed tactics with the fighters. I absolutely hate it when the fans boo fighters, any fighters, particularly when their only sin is not being American. I'm not too pleased that Evans/Rampage will be on hold (as will my right to alter Stego's title) but if its something Rampage wants to do and it pays him far better, how can one be upset with him? I read a whole lot of shit about Huerta when he was talking about taking some time off to do other things. The presumption from the 'fans' that he had no recourse but to keep fighting for their entertainment, and his character should be impugned because he was choosing to do otherwise, was downright strange.

Archived