When can we expect another casting announcement?

daimonion

I'm rather extremely impatient by nature, as are others here, so this thread might just deserve a place here at the forum.

So - any thoughts as to when we might see another casting announcement?

I'll have a go at it first:

I expect them to finish casting sometime in september(?) seems to me they would want to have the cast ready at least a month or so before shooting. Also i expect that the castings will be spread out somewhat, and since there are still quite a number of roles to fill, maybe we will have something new at least a month before casting ends.

So... Some new casting announcements in mid august at the latest?

There will definitely be a casting announcement this month. If I had to guess which characters, I would say Cersei, Jaime, and Robb.

EDIT-Just clarifying, I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing. I don't have information. I just realized I have 2024 posts. holy shit I didn't even know I passed the 1000.

One of the actresses who applied for the role of Dany was turned down without an audition, apparently because the role has been cast already. Apparently HBO will make an official announcement shortly (she says 'weeks' but that might be an exaggeration).

Iceman was being facetious. It's a fellow BWBer who I'd consider unimpeachable who reported that GRRM said this, so I'll take it as gospel. Unless there was too much Irish Mist being ladled out.. ;)

Sunday/monday seems to be a popular time of the week for Hollywood Reporter to publish GoT casting news. My guess is they'll send out a bulletin for Dany and Jaime (plus perhaps some stark children) tomorrow or the day after, with GRRM repeating that info shortly afterwards in his monday book reading session.

Archived