When can we expect another casting announcement?

daimonion

Malin Ackerman is only in her mid-20's so I think she's too young for Cersei, and too old for Dany.

Ali Larter would make a better Cersei, IMO, but I bet she is busy (and American) so no go.

As others have pointed out, Malin Ackerman is 31. However, amusingly, Ali Larter is two years older than her. I liked Ackerman in Watchmen but she wasn't really stretched in any way, acting-wise. I think Larter could do the role a bit more justices, despite the fact she wasn't served with the best material in Heroes.

Heroes' filming schedule will probably scupper getting Larter in the pilot though.

Remember that GRRM said that Nicole Kidman is 'older' than they were thinking for Cersei, and she is only 42 (or eight years younger than Bean, three older than Dinklage and Ehle), so I wouldn't be surprised if Cersei was more early 30s.

I thought this instantly when i saw him, he has the Ron Perlman look. I repeat, can anyone describe his acting ability?

Matthew Willig appeared on Dexter season 2 as "Little Chino." He was very believable as a cruel, murderous thug, but I'm not sure it was a role that would take much acting ability, and I haven't seen him in any other roles. He did make everyone else appear tiny, and my first thought upon seeing him was "Gregor Cleagane." He is, I think, 6'8", and very muscular, so if he WAS cast as Sandor, I can't imagine who would be large enough to play Gregor (if the show gets picked up - fingers crossed!). On his forum at imdb, there is a post with someone asking about the possibility of his auditioning for Gregor, and he does report that he is interested in the part (assuming that it's actually Matthew Willig responding, and I can't imagine why it wouldn't be).

Willig as Gregor?

Edited to add that this forum posting was around a year ago. It is not recent.

I think Sandor is going to be a hard role to play, and I'm hoping those doing the casting realize that there is at least a bit more to him than chopping up little butcher boys.

Matthew Willig appeared on Dexter season 2 as "Little Chino." He was very believable as a cruel, murderous thug, but I'm not sure it was a role that would take much acting ability, and I haven't seen him in any other roles. He did make everyone else appear tiny, and my first thought upon seeing him was "Gregor Cleagane." He is, I think, 6'8", and very muscular, so if he WAS cast as Sandor, I can't imagine who would be large enough to play Gregor (if the show gets picked up - fingers crossed!). On his forum at imdb, there is a post with someone asking about the possibility of his auditioning for Gregor, and he does report that he is interested in the part (assuming that it's actually Matthew Willig responding, and I can't imagine why it wouldn't be).

Willig as Gregor?

Edited to add that this forum posting was around a year ago. It is not recent.

I think Sandor is going to be a hard role to play, and I'm hoping those doing the casting realize that there is at least a bit more to him than chopping up little butcher boys.

In terms of appearance, size, he is perfect (in a strictly literal sense) as Sandor. Of course, this would make Gregor HUGE, but who knows with modern cinematography. I reiterate that this guy is almost exactly as i imagined Sandor, hence why I'm interested in his acting ability. Gotta find clips.

If he is in the running, it certainly won't be Gregor. It will be Sandor or Hodor, i can only guess.

In terms of appearance, size, he is perfect (in a strictly literal sense) as Sandor. Of course, this would make Gregor HUGE, but who knows with modern cinematography. I reiterate that this guy is almost exactly as i imagined Sandor, hence why I'm interested in his acting ability. Gotta find clips.

If he is in the running, it certainly won't be Gregor. It will be Sandor or Hodor, i can only guess.

Oh yeah, literally, his size and looks are perfect for Sandor! He is very intimidating on the screen, too, which is a point in favor of his being Sandor (though likely any guy that big with a pissed off look on his face would be intimidating!). I am just wondering, if they cast him as the Hound, if they could actually find someone to play Gregor who would make HIM look small. And I can't rate his acting ability any better than to say that I think he did well as his character in Dexter, as I've not seen him in anything else. If you search on Youtube for "Little Chino," you might find a clip there. According to imdb, he's been in several other things that you may also be able to find clips of on Youtube... maybe enough to give an idea of his acting range? Although most look like bit parts.

6'8" is really big, especially if one is that built. I saw Season 2 of Dexter, but I weirdly don't remember him. One of my best friends is 6'7", but skinny as a rail. Even so, at that size and despite not being much of an athlete, his size alone makes him absurdly strong - kind of scary strong, to be honest.

Since they aren't casting Gregor yet, I'm pretty sure, he might just be tracking the part - which sort of fits in with the wording of his comments in that article. Then again, he could just as easily be up for Sandor - but if they get a 6'8" Sandor, bejesus, they are really limiting their potential list of actors for Gregor who will have to be noticeably bigger.

If he is being considered for Hodor, it'd make sense that they'd look for someone not only tall but also possessing physical strength. Hodor has to lift and carry Bran up and down stairs and haul him around on his back. The kid playing Bran will probably be older (presumably heavier) than book-Bran. (Just glad I don't have to do it--my back's killing me just thinking about it!) :lol:

They've cast actors older than the characters for Ned, Catelyn, and Tyrion. Why should Cersei be an exception? Every time I see people suggesting these young early 20s actresses for the role, I assume they've forgotten that Cersei needs to be believable as the mother of a teenage boy.

Not to mention that the actress has to look the part of twin to Jaime, at least for the first season.

6'8" is really big, especially if one is that built. I saw Season 2 of Dexter, but I weirdly don't remember him. One of my best friends is 6'7", but skinny as a rail. Even so, at that size and despite not being much of an athlete, his size alone makes him absurdly strong - kind of scary strong, to be honest.

Since they aren't casting Gregor yet, I'm pretty sure, he might just be tracking the part - which sort of fits in with the wording of his comments in that article. Then again, he could just as easily be up for Sandor - but if they get a 6'8" Sandor, bejesus, they are really limiting their potential list of actors for Gregor who will have to be noticeably bigger.

I had a friend in college who was literally 7ft tall. He wasn't extremely muscular (although he wasn't skinny either - more "lithe," I'd say). The dude was enormous! And yeah, really strong, too.

But yeah, this: "Then again, he could just as easily be up for Sandor - but if they get a 6'8" Sandor, bejesus, they are really limiting their potential list of actors for Gregor who will have to be noticeably bigger." is what I am thinking, too!

If I have to take a random stab at a Daenerys / Jaime guess ...

I'm thinking there's a reason they were casting their proverbial net all the way to Australia, and I always saw Dany as an Emilie De Ravin type ... but she's busy filming Remember Me and Guardians of Ga'Hoole (not to mention more possible Lost appearances), so if I'm going Aussie I have to split my guess between Emily Browning (though it may conflict with Sucker Punch, to be released in 2011), or Gemma Ward.

Alternately, if I'm taking a British mulligan, I'm going with Imogen Poots.

As for Jaime ... I'm still really crossing my fingers for Max Brown.

I have to say I'm the first to suggest Gemma Ward to be cast as Dany :-))), so I hope it happens! She's who I had in my mind from the start...

I like Max Brown as Jaime, he has the right look. Although I'm still holding out for Philip Winchester, who I think I also suggested first (not quite as sure about that)...

Gemma Ward lives in NY so they wouldn't be in Australia for her. Also, she's almost 6' tall--I know shows/movies mess with people's heights all the time--but that's a bit tall for petite Dany.

I'm pretty sure she cuts her time between NYC and Australia. Do you know where she is at the moment? ;)

Archived