a very short mention from TV Criotics Assiation Meeting

I looked up The Hollywood Reporter's live blogging of the press tour, and they make no reference to AGoT. Werthead asked in comments about any information regarding AGoT, and they replied very briefly that it was too early and the pilot hadn't been completed. Given the lack of reference in notes, I took this to mean that HBO didn't bring it up, in which case Goodman's article that I saw earlier today is probably just referencing remarks made by HBO people earlier that we've heard of or, alternatively, he picked up something after the official press meeting.

In any case, nice to see a reference, and it might be useful to express to Goodman via comments or via his email address (in the article) how many people are looking forward to it and any news or information he might be able to dig up.

I emailed Goodman, expressing how excited many of us are about the HBO pilot and how hungry we are for any scrap of news. I sent him links to this board, GRRM's blog and the blog of that new reader that many of us have been following (I figured if Goodman knows nothing whatever about the books, that might be a good quick way for him to acquaint himself with the works). Anyway, got this automated message back. Hopefully, we'll hear from him in person!

Hello and thanks for the msg. I'm covering the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Los Angeles through Aug. 10. I will be checking messages but due to the nature of the event, can't promise an immediate reply. TCA/"Death March with Cocktail" blogs can be found at www.thebastardmachine.com. Thanks - Tim

This show already has a nice foundation of support amongst TV critics, adding Goodman would be fantastic.

1. Matt Roush (TV Guide Mag)

2. Maureen Ryan (Chicago-Tribune)

3. James Poniewozik (TIME)

4. Tim Goodman?

Yeah, I started commenting on the Watcher blog back in March and got a link to the blog from Mo Ryan regarding the BSG finale. That caused an absolutely massive spike in hits for the month, so the number of people reading these things is absolutely enormous. It makes you realise how small and relatively niche even the biggest of our SF blogs really are ;)

Archived