Your favorite knight of the Kingsguard?

Baratheon_bastard

Boros Blount, all the way.

You may be able to find braver knights...

You may be able to find nobler knights...

You may be able to find kinder knights...

You may be able to find stronger knights.....

But when it comes to (unintentional) hilariousness, Ser Boros is your guy. Or your knight. (Only, if you want actual protection, chilvalry, or basic competence, best look elsewhere.)

My personal favorite Boros(ism)-- "We best not! Our white cloaks may INFLAME the crowd!" :lol: Pure win.

Balon Swann and Preston Greenfield. Jaime is a great character but a terrible knight of the Kingsguard for what should be obvious reasons. As for Barristan he acts like he's the living embodiment of their ideals, but he also picks and chooses which kings and queens to serve based on who he likes the most. Which I wouldn't have had a problem with if not for the way he despises other people for doing the same thing.

If we're going with the historical knights and not just the ones we see, I always thought the Dragonknight sounded awesome.

It really depends on what kind of king you are… If you like to play with (wild)fire – do not pick Sandor or Jaime. If your girlfriend/betrothed/wife needs a good beating, but you are not man enough to do it yourself, then take Ser Boros and Ser Meryn. Excellent choices, both.

I like Jaime as my favorite Kingsguard and the new policies that he is introducing (if the king tells you to saddle his horse, you do it. If the king tells you to kill his horse then maybe something is not right). It applies mainly to child-kings but should apply to crazy kings as well (most of them sitting on the iron throne were/became crazy anyways). Obey and do nod judge, when the king is cooking people in their armors – where is the chivalry in that?

here something for you guys Kingsquard Jaime on the left, Barristan Selmy in the middle and one before last Boros.

I always thought these were supposed to be the Kingsguard from Aerys II era: Arthur Dayne, Gerold Hightower, Oswell Whent, Barristan Selmy, Llewyn Martell, etc.. No?

Anyway..... Is it weird that I like Arys Oakheart as one of my favorite KG? I was soooo pissed when he died!

Archived