WorldCon

Of course I forgot my camera card reader. Oops.

But anyway. Everyone who was supposed to arrive on Wednesday, did, despite the party train being late.

Those of us who arrived not on the train (dubbed by MG as "the Nine", because creatively, there were 9 of us :P--me, Mandy, Regina, Fenryng, Mormont, Peadar, Tenalpia, Pebble, and Pat) had dinner at a pizza place at a square that was not on my map, so I wandered all over trying to find it, madly sending texts to Mandy which I'm sure I will find out cost me an arm and a leg once I get my phone bill. But we eventually found each other and everyone else was mostly pizza'd when arrived, but I had pizza, and some beer, and then we went to a pub and had some more beer and/or cider, and then we went to the hotel, found the train people, split up again (since some of the train people had not eaten yet), went to the Reno party, had more beer, went to the bar, had some drinks (noticing a pattern here?), then the hotel bar started setting up for breakfast and we left and got some glorious sleep.

Now Luga and I are off to registration, so no more updates for a while.

Ran,

"The Werewolves of Brigadoon" was intersting. GRRM and Keri Sperring were debating about the value of Fiction set within the historic framework of Celtic History. Ms. Sperring hates reading fiction that gets the history incorrect. GRRM thought she was missing the point. Works like The Mists of Avalon are fiction after all. That those works lead people to correct scholarly works to give them the real history of the stories they are reading. Peadar agreed. It was a lively discussion. Nothing ASOIAF was mentioned.

My first day was a ton of fun. Ser scot summed up the pannel nicely. I'll just add that Peedar has amazing comic timing. We took over a corner of the Tor party last night. we're expecting Loon in a couple of hours, be suitably woeful.

I have to ask, why all the shots of people's legs?

It started as a TTTNE joke. I was only gonna get a few knee shot, but coming soon in forum games Who's Knee's and These? Contest.

The New pics have been added

For those interested at teh CON. Live Mafia 5pm tonight. meet in the groundfloor Con Lobby

This isn't much of a report about the Q & A session with Gaiman, but it's all I've got for now, since a panel I want to see starts in 15 minutes. But, just so you know, the Q & A session was AWESOME. Apparently I was the only BwBer there, since everyone else was just not dedicated enough and felt that food was more important. Crazies, that's all I can say. *Sigh*

But the panel about John M. Ford was also very touching and very inspiring. There were a few times I was a bit teary eyed (but don't tell anyone I said that). Here's a description of it from someone else.

Archived