WorldCon

I have that Rush shirt that Morm is wearing! We're like brothers!

I tell you what, I wore both my BwB shirts a whole day each and the BwB button constantly and nobody even noticed, but I wore that Rush shirt once and got stopped by three different guys wanting to rave about the band. Geeks. :P

ps you know how we left yesterday after George's reading? That was earlier today, for me. I should really go to bed now, but it's only 7pm here! 7pm Tuesday, admittedly...

Thanks for the report Blue! I wish you didn't wait until the last day to share the scrapbook though... I'm sorry I missed it... :grouphug:

I was shy about it :blush: It doesnt seem that great to me, I feel like I could have done a better job with it, but it got really good reviews, even from George and Parris, so it must be all right. I had many requests to have it scanned to PDF and hosted somewhere, and I'll consider it. I will be making a book for this year too, and I'll take my time and do a really good job with it, and I can have that one scanned and shared at some point in the future.

The Slaves of Peadar O'Guillin.

Some of you may know that Peadar posts on the board and recently published his first book. He's a great guy, a but on the "young" side (not age, just an innocence about him). Since he thinks he doesn't have many fans we decided to make his signing special and several of us went all fan girl on him :D

He blushes very nicely. :lol: It is a good thing his stories are typed as his scrawl is barely readable (ok, we were making a specticale and could have been distracting him) In my book he wrote "Ruth you are so _______" We couldn't read that last word. (just a little back up, he was signing Kat's book in the lobby and he started it "Ruth, you are so" at which point Kat pointed out she wasn't Ruth. He was rather embarassed, but Kat and I just traded books, no problem). Anyway, the word he wrote looked like "enslaved" so I asked him what it was. He said he didn't remember. When I told him what I thought it was, he blushed and said "Maybe I was having a fantasy" We all died laughing.

A bit later I am in the Dealers Room looking at fun and silly buttons, the guy is rattling off prices and such and the he says "And I can make custom buttons" Holy shit! You can guess where my mind went. I had him create a button that says "Enslaved by Peadar O'Guillin" and bought 4 of them. :devil:

Peadar has a wonderful sense of humor and he took it all in stride. Later he goes back the dearler's room, finds the guy and buys a bunch more of that same button and gives them out to all the ladies. :rofl: There we are, The Slaves of Peadar O'Guillin.

the book actually says "Ruth you are so awesome" ;)

update: seems more than a few guys have become enslaved as well as random con people who also bought the buttons and Pebble and I also have tee shirts :D

Thanks for the report Blue! I wish you didn't wait until the last day to share the scrapbook though... I'm sorry I missed it... :grouphug:

I agree, sharing is caring and it should be fun! I hope i can see it and a new one in the future. Reno anyone?

Thanks for the report too BlueRose. :thumbsup:

Lany: Peadar is an equal opportunity enslaver, though i don't know how he got random con people. maybe his "real fan" stopped by, or maybe that furry who got the Blame Pod button. :P

update: seems more than a few guys have become enslaved as well

I was briefly enslaved, while acting as Peadar's glamorous assistant this morning, but Mich demanded her badge back. :P

I'm going to ask this with some trepedation... does anyone remember approximately what time the knightings occured at the BWB party?

Very approximately, 2am, possibly slightly earlier. The quest began around 1am.

ps who has the Peadar 'group' photo? You know the one I mean. ;)

Mormont,

Thanks,

I simply seem to have a period of time where I don't remember what I was doing. I remember being knighted, going upstairs, then I remember coming down and sitting and talking with GRRM and others until about 4:30 AM. There's a gap there. Significant gaps in my memory... do not make me happy.

As to the Peadar photo all I recall is it was taken by a guy, but I don't think it was that gentleman's camera.

Hey guys!

It was great fun meeting you all. Too bad it's all over now. . . :thumbsdown:

Just wanted to let you know that I just posted my first Worldcon report on the blog. More to come as soon as I can write the rest!

Here's to hoping that we can do this all over again sooner than later! ;)

Patrick

Lany: Peadar is an equal opportunity enslaver, though i don't know how he got random con people. maybe his "real fan" stopped by, or maybe that furry who got the Blame Pod button. :P

This is what makes it so great. It started as an "in-joke" but has really grown out of control. (no one else in our group said they bought the buttons, so I guess it was Peadar's "real" fans)

I had so much fun, it is really hard to write down everything. I will try to get a report and pictures of the human battleship up a bit later.

ps who has the Peadar 'group' photo? You know the one I mean. ;)

I believe Pebble and MG may both have copies of that one. MG has some of the best photos of the con, but he is still on vacation for a few more days. He will have to tour Niagra Falls at Pebble pace :rofl:

I want to add more to the Peadar button story, as told to me by the button man himself. I went up to the dealers room alone on the last day, because I kept getting distracted in there with the group. The button guy noticed my enslaved button, and I told him that Peadar had been handing them out to the women. The button guy said that later in the day after Lany had her badges made, the button man noticed a guy standing awkwardly near the edge of the button table. The button guy finally said "You look like you have a question." To which the man replied that he wanted a few of that button. The button man asked how many, and he replied "I'll need quite a lot." The button man realized suddenly and announced "It's you, isnt it!" Peadar admitted that it was, and bought a bag of buttons.

Originally, he was only enslaving women, and I believe it was Limecat who told him that it was sexist and demanded a button (all in fun of course) and after that several of the men became slaves as well.

Originally, he was only enslaving women, and I believe it was Limecat who told him that it was sexist and demanded a button (all in fun of course) and after that several of the men became slaves as well.

I believe I actually threatened him with a Bakker-style "Peadar is a Mysogynist!" Thread if he didn't hand over the button!

UPDATE: Pebble and MG in Niagara Falls

So here we are in Niagara Falls, one of the most awesome and beautiful sights of natural beauty and we cannot tear ourselves away from the board long enough to go see it..... :blush: We are currently stealing Internet from the hotel across the street which has an unsecured network because we are too lazy to go downstairs and ask for the code for ours.

That was an awesome fucking con and I am gonna miss you guys horribly, especially if it is 2 years before I see some of you again :cry: :grouphug:

On the way back to the hotel last night Pebble said to me "I thought you guys were all joking about the emo-ness of the end of the con :sniff: " Awwwww. You'll get used to the pain...... eventually.....

My full report will be at least a full week away, maybe more, I don't get back to the UK till Saturday morning and I have a shit-ton of stuff to do next weekend and next week. Sorry guys, you will have to be patient for the full and and tediously detailed report, although so much of it has already been posted that it will almost be redundant by then but I will persevere regardless.

However I am uploading picture to my gallery and should be there at some point tonight.

Right I gotta sign off now and let Pebble speak, see you guys soon.

Beauty and the Beast film? What's this? Based on the TV series? Is GRRM participating?

I'm all for Glasgow in 2014.

George did vaugly mention something like this and hint he may be involved in some mild form, but its all too early to say and give details. but whats more interesting was latter durring the bwb party George was taking about the look of the minor charaters and he mentioned that Yag's has the look of a bloodrider. - Make of that what you will.

can't stop for more deatils got to be a tourist.

Archived