WorldCon

:love:

I don't think I ever signed my name, but the rambling part at the beginning of the note which gives a play by play of the BwB hanging out in our hotel room was me. Glad you enjoyed the notes.

Glad you got it!

I don't think I ever signed my name, but the rambling part at the beginning of the note which gives a play by play of the BwB hanging out in our hotel room was me.

Took me a bit before I realised that I could whatever we want. Not just follow that stream. Originality FTW! :)

• 3 months later...

Over four months in the making, finally it is done...

Think of this as my Christmas gift to you. A reminder of what we got up to back in the Summer, or if you were not there and want to know just about everything that happened at Worldcon 2009 in Montreal then you should enjoy this too.

But I warn you this enormous report is not for the faint of heart and probably should not be attempted in one sitting.

Thank you so much for that MG

:love: :grouphug: (and :blush: at times)

I know you warned not to read it in one sitting but I couldn't tear myself away and thanks to you I ate my dinner two hours late today (I even forgot to preheat the oven). You truly are the chronicler of the BwB and I wish I could take you like a discworld imp everywhere, except, hmm... sometimes I'd have to give you a few whiskies until you passed out, I think :-P

That was a wonderful nostalgia trip and I learnt a lot of things I didn't know - making me wish I had been able to be in several places at a time. And now I miss everybody from Worldcon...

But I warn you this enormous report is not for the faint of heart and probably should not be attempted in one sitting.

Bloody hell! I've read shorter novels -- but few as stuffed with that heady ole Montrealer nostalgia :) Great stuff and full of useful tidbits that I missed out on. My particular favourite was the toe nail worship and the flosser. Also, Dollshouse is actually good. I was dithering whether to pick it up for watching over Christmas and didn't in the end...

Thanks a lot, oh goaty one. You'll be pleased to know I've lost a stone since then ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Over four months in the making, finally it is done...

Think of this as my Christmas gift to you. A reminder of what we got up to back in the Summer, or if you were not there and want to know just about everything that happened at Worldcon 2009 in Montreal then you should enjoy this too.

Can't download it for some reason. :bawl:

Hey Fitheach :kiss:

That is strange, I was able to download it here.

Perhaps try again now? Maybe it was a temporary problem with the hosting server or something. Let me know if you still can't get it to download and I could probably email it to you.

Thank you kindest of Sers. I'll try again when I'm at my laptop- have a feeling my blackberry would crush under the weight of this tome. :laugh: Can't wait to read it!

• 3 weeks later...

98 pages? :shocked:

I had forgotten about the deer walking up the ramps. Every time I think I've successfully blocked that conversation out of my head, someone comes along and reminds me.

I feel the need to remind you of the incredible ignorance of the general public on the deer hazard menace.

Curse you! :tantrum:

Clearly the trillions we would spend elevating the nation's highways would be trillions well-spent, lest some poor driver end up dying with an antler in her throat, written about in the newspaper, and millions of readers poring over that detail wondering if it means something.

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

Archived