Game 67

House Targaryen

edit2: Okay, read Webber's posts properly, and it seems the parody weaver role does belong to him. Anyone taking him seriously right now is pretty... Nah. I won't be offensive. :)

Well, maybe Webber can clarify which parts were serious and which were not?

edit: missed the latest few posts. Holy shit. Hold the horse on webber being a parody master. He may just be as bad (or worse) than Friend Stonetree!

edit2: Okay, read Webber's posts properly, and it seems the parody weaver role does belong to him. Anyone taking him seriously right now is pretty... Nah. I won't be offensive. :)

I did take Webber at face value at first, but I guess you might be right - i'm not good at judging these things and it's never easy over the interney anyway. Webber, do you feel you've achieved anything for all the effort you've gone to? Do you find anything interesting in the discussion you generated?

Webber, we have a CF and I don't like your attitude. Are all your points about joke posts really serious?

Thanks for the correction Dondarrion - I see I was mistaken on the CF.

That is good news, as we will get information from this lynch after all. I still maintain that a speedlynch would reduce the amount of information we would gain, but not as much as I had thought.

What's wrong with my attitude?

Which points about joke posts are you referring to? I'm obviously mocking the content of some posts, but I am serious when I imply that a post is not helping the game. I think I have been helping this game a lot more than you have. I called you out on it. I am glad that you have responded. Obviously this makes you ineligible for the POAD award at this time, though you could still win Most Suspicious ;) Keep talking. ;)

It's early day 1. None of it was particularly serious. Trust me.

I was under the impression that Webber's questions to Brune and you were serious, as were Brune's answers. Webber's POAD post was trying to make a serious point, albeit in a jokey manner. If Webber could clarify that would be great.

Anyway, i've got to go to bed.

Night all. :sleep:

That is good news, as we will get information from this lynch after all. I still maintain that a speedlynch would reduce the amount of information we would gain, but not as much as I had thought.

Which points about joke posts are you referring to? I'm obviously mocking the content of some posts, but I am serious when I imply that a post is not helping the game. I think I have been helping this game a lot more than you have. I called you out on it. I am glad that you have responded. Obviously this makes you ineligible for the POAD award at this time, though you could still win Most Suspicious ;) Keep talking. ;)

Excuse me, but are you claiming they were genuine scumhunting questions? That your posts weren't joke posts? parody posts, prompted by stonetree's taking my speedlynch joke too seriously?

vote webber

Alas, poor joke phase. We hardly knew thee! Aborted prematurely by serious posts by players that now look like they are trying too hard!

And why did you choose Hoare over Myre, the other choice?

No reason. I had to choose one of them.

I think that Webber has done a good job of stirring things up. If I were FM, I would not want to do what he did. On the other hand, I would not do it as an innocent, either. But after all, I'm the Captor of Suffering.

I did take Webber at face value at first, but I guess you might be right - i'm not good at judging these things and it's never easy over the interney anyway. Webber, do you feel you've achieved anything for all the effort you've gone to? Do you find anything interesting in the discussion you generated?

Actually yes. I am rather astonished by Myre's reaction.

You are correct: my posts were serious contributions to the game (though the POAD one more tongue-in-cheek, still had a serious intention as I have explained).

Myre's reaction to my post asking him why he first voted Brune then changed his mind to Hoare is extraordinary to me (likewise his reaction to Stonetree, which seems to me a similar overreaction, though perhaps that's because I read Stonetree as very laid back - did anyone else think Stonetree was taking things too seriously and reacting abruptly? Myre's reaction to Hoare also seems a little desperate).

So Myre seems nervous, to me, and trying hard to banish anything which could be an attack against him.

Is this a serious post?

It looks like one. None of the markings of a parody.

Taking things so seriously and reacting so abruptly on page 2 is pretty damn odd.

I'm watching you, Friend Stonetree.

ps. If you want an example of a proper parody post to respond to mine with;

See. Beautifully executed. It looks like a genuine serious post from late day 1, or even day 2/3. Lots of quotes, questions, probing a few people, then finally pressuring someone who did something odd, looking for reasons.

Webber, your skills in parody are matched only by the awesomeness of your avatar.

edit: missed the latest few posts. Holy shit. Hold the horse on webber being a parody master. He may just be as bad (or worse) than Friend Stonetree!

This is a really defensive and panicky post, Myre - what has got into you?

When you've calmed down, I would like the answer to my questions.

I think that Webber has done a good job of stirring things up. If I were FM, I would not want to do what he did. On the other hand, I would not do it as an innocent, either. But after all, I'm the Captor of Suffering.

It's either a clever innocent gambit to kill the joke phase, or an inexperienced killer overreacting to what looks like serious action and wanting to look involved, serious and helpful.

It is helpful in the fact that it has ended joke phase. Any actual points made in it thought are useless, as it was commenting solely on joke phase matters.

Actually yes. I am rather astonished by Myre's reaction.

You are correct: my posts were serious contributions to the game (though the POAD one more tongue-in-cheek, still had a serious intention as I have explained).

Myre's reaction to my post asking him why he first voted Brune then changed his mind to Hoare is extraordinary to me (likewise his reaction to Stonetree, which seems to me a similar overreaction, though perhaps that's because I read Stonetree as very laid back - did anyone else think Stonetree was taking things too seriously and reacting abruptly? Myre's reaction to Hoare also seems a little desperate).

So Myre seems nervous, to me, and trying hard to banish anything which could be an attack against him.

This is a really defensive and panicky post, Myre - what has got into you?

When you've calmed down, I would like the answer to my questions.

You want me to explain why I made a joke vote?

Tough shit. :)

ps. OMGUS!

The Captor of Stuffing...er Stuffering... Suffering? What does that mean? You have to sit there and listen to the rest of us and rock on your knees keening softly with the pain of it?

And damn whoever decreed that mafia has to have A Joke Phase followed discretely by A Serious Phase, as if gallows humor did not exist.

Well, yes, for you to claim that you have helped the game more than I have is not a totally spurious claim to make I feel. But let's think about what logic makes that relevant (I may not be an INTJ, but I can at least try). So the implicit assumption is that more helpful -> less suspicious, because, after all, the FM will not want to be helpful. The problem, see, is that the FM will want to appear helpful, so your repeated assertions of your own helpfulness is not making me less suspciious of you - quite the reverse.

Sorry to be patronising; I'm just illustrating what it is that I didn't like about your attitude - if you were serious then you do seem to have been trying far too hard, pointing out that a speedlynch with no CF is unhelpful is patently obvious, and doesn't need to be spelt out for general consumption, for example. It's good to generate discussion, and your point on Myre has merit (but only given that we are early day one), but overall you do seem to me to have the ring of an FM trying a bit of a stunt to seize trustable points early in the game, and to steer us in the wrong direction. It makes you a self-confident sort of FM, but that doesn't seem incongruous to me based on what I have so far seen of you.

As to what joke posts I was referring to, well it seems to me as if all the posts before you more or less were joke posts.

The Captor of Stuffing...er Stuffering... Suffering? What does that mean? You have to sit there and listen to the rest of us and rock on your knees keening softly with the pain of it?

And damn whoever decreed that mafia has to have A Joke Phase followed discretely by A Serious Phase, as if gallows humor did not exist.

Gallows humour is fine. Jokes in serious stage is fine.

Trying to craft a serious post from joke posts and demanding explanations for joke votes, however, is not fine.

That is the law. As it has been written, so it shall be followed.

:pirate:

Trying to craft a serious post from joke posts and demanding explanations for joke votes, however, is not fine.

That is the law. As it has been written, so it shall be followed.

:pirate:

Targaryen law is somewhat different. ;)

Now why are you doing everything to avoid answering my question about your votes?

Could it be for example that you realised your vote on Brune was a mistake, because somebody might think you were indirectly defending Hoare, by voting for the person who put the second vote on him?

Quickly realising this, you decided the only way to prevent yourself being accused of defending Hoare was to jump on Hoare's mob?

Targaryen law is somewhat different. ;)

Now why are you doing everything to avoid answering my question about your votes?

Could it be for example that you realised your vote on Brune was a mistake, because somebody might think you were indirectly defending Hoare, by voting for the person who put the second vote on him?

Quickly realising this, you decided the only way to prevent yourself being accused of defending Hoare was to jump on Hoare's mob?

If you want to read that much into a couple of joke votes, be my guest. :)

Since all the talk seems to be about Webber these days, I thought I would put in my two cents.

The Webber Case

1. He makes a joke post. Nothing here.

2. He responds to Royce's amazingly suspicious post by pointing out its amazing suspiciousness.

3. He makes a fart joke about my name.

4. He makes fun of me some more.

5. He makes fun of me some more and makes another useless comment.

6. He makes some more pointless comments.

7. Another useless comment.

Up until now, Webber just seems to be having some day 1 fun. The number of posts with no substance is mildly suspicious.

8. He seems to think that we have no CF. Possibly a misread . . . or maybe not. :pirate: Rightly points out that a speedlynch would not be helpful, but seems to be attacking Myre. He also seems to think that the singular of "dice" is "dice". He expects serious votes when there is not yet any material in the game. He then points out Myre's somewhat suspicious behavior. His case isn't great, but when was a day one case ever great?

9. The legendary POAD post. He makes a good point about Royce, but the rest of his points are pretty awful.

-Hoare votes for Webber because Hoare does not like the POAD.

-Drumm defends Webber: "You do realize that Webber is pretty much the only person who has had any serious discussion, right?" IMO this is a weak defense.

10. He thinks that one-post players should be given some attention.

11. He questions my voting choice and speculates about Hoare. A nice content-free post.

12. Repeats stuff, and points out that he is furthering the game more than Dondarrion is.

13. Summed up by this sentence: "So Myre seems nervous, to me, and trying hard to banish anything which could be an attack against him."

14. He makes fun of my title some more.

15. Pokes Myre some more.

Conclusion

Webber just seems to attack people constantly. He did get things moving, which is in his favor, but his constant pointless attacking is very intriguing. What he's doing seems like the actions of a desperate FM. But why should an FM be desperate on day one, even before he's likely to be lynched? It just doesn't add up.

Today we shall be awarding prizes for the Most Suspicious POAD, who then goes forward into the exclusive LM category of ultimate winners (LM= "lynch me").

I have an acceptance speech prepared just in case!

In all seriousness, I approve of Webber. He's amusing. My kind of scum. And I hate the "joke phase" too, hence why I try to contribute with poor ones to try and hold a mirror up to other players.

Well, yes, for you to claim that you have helped the game more than I have is not a totally spurious claim to make I feel. But let's think about what logic makes that relevant (I may not be an INTJ, but I can at least try). So the implicit assumption is that more helpful -> less suspicious, because, after all, the FM will not want to be helpful. The problem, see, is that the FM will want to appear helpful, so your repeated assertions of your own helpfulness is not making me less suspciious of you - quite the reverse.

Sorry to be patronising; I'm just illustrating what it is that I didn't like about your attitude - if you were serious then you do seem to have been trying far too hard, pointing out that a speedlynch with no CF is unhelpful is patently obvious, and doesn't need to be spelt out for general consumption, for example. It's good to generate discussion, and your point on Myre has merit (but only given that we are early day one), but overall you do seem to me to have the ring of an FM trying a bit of a stunt to seize trustable points early in the game, and to steer us in the wrong direction. It makes you a self-confident sort of FM, but that doesn't seem incongruous to me based on what I have so far seen of you.

As to what joke posts I was referring to, well it seems to me as if all the posts before you more or less were joke posts.

Hmmm... I don't really approve of this logic. While barging in with all cannons blazing might be construed as a FM tactic I don't really see it as something that usually happens or that makes enough sense to garner this level of suspicion. Moving the game forward helps. Throwing silly suspicions around on day one also helps. Being active certainly helps. Even if Webber is actually evil he has helped the innocents by giving day one a push in the right direction. Innocent players should be trying to help too, and I don't think someone is trying too hard just because others are trying too little Dondarrion.

Archived