American Politics XIII

DanteGabriel

An anti-health care reform teabagger Twitters that his fellow protesters should bring guns with them when they go to disrupt town halls:

Based on the news that health care events are edging into violence, an anti-health care reform protester in New Mexico named Scott Oskay is calling on his hundreds of online followers to bring firearms to town halls, and to 'badly hurt' SEIU and ACORN counter protesters.

Popularized in part by conservative blogger Michelle Malkin, the hashtag symbol he's using, #iamthemob, has gone viral on twitter, appearing several times a minute according to a recent search.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/08...s.php?ref=fpblg

Link has some of his Tweets. Looks like he's got an Illuminati symbol on his Twitter page (the eye in the pyramid).

I swear, if I was writing a novel about right wing crazies and I created a scenario like this, it would be laughed out of the room as being way too crazy and unbalanced.

An anti-health care reform teabagger Twitters that his fellow protesters should bring guns with them when they go to disrupt town halls:

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/08...s.php?ref=fpblg

Link has some of his Tweets. Looks like he's got an Illuminati symbol on his Twitter page (the eye in the pyramid).

I swear, if I was writing a novel about right wing crazies and I created a scenario like this, it would be laughed out of the room as being way too crazy and unbalanced.

I still think I'm being way too paranoid when I think like that, but sometimes I get worried about these crazy folks increasing in number and violence.

Shit, that guy who shot up the Unitarian Church's manifesto read like an episode of Glenn Beck's show.

I still think I'm being way too paranoid when I think like that, but sometimes I get worried about these crazy folks increasing in number and violence.

Shit, that guy who shot up the Unitarian Church's manifesto read like an episode of Glenn Beck's show.

As far as I know the only people who have committed violence and been thrown in jail are SEIU members. If you watch the town hall videos mostly old ladies and vets complaining about the health-care bill. I have also yet to see any old ladies and vets lock democrats out of a town hall meeting.

It was a fire code violation. The building could only hold like 250 and it was already at capacity so the tea-bagger cockshites weren't allowed in and so they kicked up a fuss.

Fucking christ people, get your facts straight.

As far as I know the only people who have committed violence and been thrown in jail are SEIU members. If you watch the town hall videos mostly old ladies and vets complaining about the health-care bill. I have also yet to see any old ladies and vets lock democrats out of a town hall meeting.

Why would vets protest against the health-care bill? If they're retired or on disability they already have a government run health care plan? And how can you tell they are vets? Are they wearing uniforms, which would then be a violation against the regs that govern showing up at public meetings in uniform.

Unless if this is a lame attempt on your part to suggest that the people that who are supporting HCR are anti-vet?

Why would vets protest against the health-care bill? If they're retired or on disability they already have a government run health care plan? And how can you tell they are vets? Are they wearing uniforms, which would then be a violation against the regs that govern showing up at public meetings in uniform.

Unless if this is a lame attempt on your part to suggest that the people that who are supporting HCR are anti-vet?

Well lots are older men wearing "Army of one" t-shirts and such items, but I guess your right that doesn't prove they are military. Also, lots of the people speaking to their representative are describing themselves as vets.

Also this isn't a fire code violation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ZJhR3T4aw...player_embedded . Obviously these people where allowed to cut the line.

Well lots are older men wearing "Army of one" t-shirts and such items, but I guess your right that doesn't prove they are military.

It could mean they are military, or it could mean they've gone to a county fair recently. You know, where the Army hands those shirts out like candy.

Also, lots of the people speaking to their representative are describing themselves as vets.

Also this isn't a fire code violation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ZJhR3T4aw...player_embedded

No, it's called keeping out the screaming crazies so that actual discussions can take place. Dissenters can calmly get in line and wait their turn to speak, and then speak at town halls all across the country.

Idiots spurred on by insurance companies and right wing media, told to be as disruptive and angry as possible should be turned back. Because fuck them.

It could mean they are military, or it could mean they've gone to a county fair recently. You know, where the Army hands those shirts out like candy.

No, it's called keeping out the screaming crazies so that actual discussions can take place. Dissenters can calmly get in line and wait their turn to speak, and then speak at town halls all across the country.

Idiots spurred on by insurance companies and right wing media, told to be as disruptive and angry as possible should be turned back. Because fuck them.

I got my call from my insurance provider last week. It went something like this:

Insurance Agent: Ector, I know we are competing with 1,500 other insurance companies for your business but we need a favor.

ME: What?

Insurance Agent: We need you to go cause a ruckus at a town hall meeting even if your not upset about the HCR bill.

ME: Done.

You guys are easily as paranoid as birthers.

Ector,

Do you oppose the public option proposal? Is yes, why so?

I do oppose it. I don't believe in forcing moral opinions on others. A society will never function in this manner. Since government is an object of force, I believe its only function should be protecting the rights of the individual (health care is a right. cheap health care is not a right) and taxing to provide for this protection.

Also the last place I want an object of force in my life is in my health care decisions. Thats just dumb.

Wait a minute here, if you chose not to buy into a public insurance plan, then who's forcing you?

It seems that you're forcing your moral opinions into others by preventing them from the option of having the public plan available to those who wanted it.

I do oppose it. I don't believe in forcing moral opinions on others. A society will never function in this manner. Since government is an object of force, I believe its only function should be protecting the rights of the individual (health care is a right. cheap health care is not a right) and taxing to provide for this protection.

I'm not sure if you understand what a right is. How can health care be a right if only some people can have it due to cost reasons? If it's a right then lack of funds should not block a person from it. Freedom of speach should not go only to those who can afford it. A right is something that should be undenaible, so either health care is a right, we all get it, or a privelage, those who can afford it get it. You can't really say that it's both. Pick a side, we're at war. :fence:

Also the last place I want an object of force in my life is in my health care decisions. Thats just dumb.

So you don't support the health insurance companies then. Oh wait. They are actually the sunshine that keep you alive and they would never ever restrict your options in health care, would they?

Wait a minute here, if you chose not to buy into a public insurance plan, then who's forcing you?

It seems that you're forcing your moral opinions into others by preventing them from the option of having the public plan available to those who wanted it.

A government health care program could never compete with private insurance companies without using force. Taxing citizens who aren't using the program is one option they would choose to solve the problem. Another is laws/restrictions against the private insurance companies to cripple the competition. Either way the citizens supporting the health care program would be forcing their morals on me.

I'm not sure if you understand what a right is. How can health care be a right if only some people can have it due to cost reasons? If it's a right then lack of funds should not block a person from it. Freedom of speach should not go only to those who can afford it. A right is something that should be undenaible, so either health care is a right, we all get it, or a privelage, those who can afford it get it. You can't really say that it's both. Pick a side, we're at war. :fence:

Everyone in this country can get health care. Its called the Hippocratic Oath. They just can't get it for whatever price they want.

So you don't support the health insurance companies then. Oh wait. They are actually the sunshine that keep you alive and they would never ever restrict your options in health care, would they?

Nobody is forcing me to stay with a certain health care company. If I don't like the medical options, I would switch providers.

Nobody is forcing me to stay with a certain health care company. If I don't like the medical options, I would switch providers.

No one is forcing you to switch to the public option :huh:

Archived