Exercise & Fitness VII

Stubby

question for the group.

when faced with garden variety cold/ flu/ respiratory illness, do you tend to:

a) power through it and exercise as close to normal as possible

b) rest and recouperate. the gym ain't going anywhere

c) do a minimum level workout so you don't lose any of the strength/ endurance you've worked to hard to gain.

so far I'm a c. there might be a doctor's visit in my future if this doesn't clear up in a couple days. *hacks* *coughs*

question for the group.

c) do a minimum level workout so you don't lose any of the strength/ endurance you've worked to hard to gain.

so far I'm a c. there might be a doctor's visit in my future if this doesn't clear up in a couple days. *hacks* *coughs*

Is "lie around and whine" an option? Because I choose that one. ;) I don't like to go to the gym when I'm sick, and I hope other members of the gym don't go when they're sick either because I don't want their nasty viruses all over the equipment. :sick:

question for the group.

If it's a light/moderate cold, I generally go with "a" but try and make sure I get PLENTY of rest. If it is a severe cold, I generally go with "c". Any fever and it's "b".

Stego, congratulations man. It was hard enough for me to come back from just being lazy, I can't imagine what it would be like coming back from not being able to walk. That is a major testimant to your dedication.

Last long run before Louisville Marathon: 18 miles in 2:16. I'm a little worried about the marathon since I haven't been hitting the long distances this past month with a new school year coming, but today made me feel a bit better.

Somehow every time I go running, I think of it as an accomplishment and want to post here. I gave up on my newer shoes; those are now for going to the gym only. I put new insoles in my older shoes and will just wear them until the soles fall off so I don't have to deal with weird toe problems.

Er, yeah. Nothing really new on the fitness front here. I'm making improvements in upper body strength and have increased weights all around this week. Also, I can now grab on to my feet, apparently, which is even more impressive for someone with my lack of flexibility than merely touching my toes. Yay?

Oh, wait, I did do something new. My gym has a new bellydancing class. I've gone to various classes before but I like this instructor and the class a lot. The only thing is, I somehow grew self-consciousness since the last time I danced, and feel ridiculous when I do it. The instructor said "Don't wear any special clothes, just show up in gym clothes" so I did, and apparently everyone else brought a scarf, so I really looked awkward that first week. Then last week I brought a hip scarf and still felt awkward and unfeminine. I can do the moves, but even the people who are doing them wrong look better than me. Alas. :unsure:

Archived