Lots of hints on Not A Blog!

Rimmer

Here's another guess - 'boney pop singer' refers to the pop group Boney M, one of whose singers was Elizabeth Mitchell, who is the not the same Eilzabeth Mitchell as the American actress who plays Juliette on Lost.

ETA - apparently Elizabeth Mitchell is also the birth name of actress Elizabeth Banks

That's a really good idea. I was thinking of that as well but I only went down the surface route - that a former member of the band is now an actor.

The only problem is that Elizabeth Mitchell, who could be a really good Cersei if she can do the accent, is in Lost for apparently several episodes next season and is also the lead in V, although from what I'm hearing confidence in the pilot/mini-series seems to be dropping and it might not go to series, although it doesn't air for a while longer. She'd also definitely count as being in an American TV series recently.

Whilst not technically 'cancelled', BSG went off the air recently, which could provide further fodder for casting decisions.

And Elizabeth Mitchell has the lead in V, a new series, as well - and she's also filming a few more episodes of Lost.

Since I've seen the trailer for V, I should have thought of that, it would make her too busy for any significant role. I suppose she could make a cameo appearance as Lyanna, that's not going to be much work?

'Dutch Treat' in GRRM's blog title just has to mean something. I was thinking it meant one of the cast is Dutch by nationality, but perhaps its a reference to someplace Dutch. Anybody know any actress named Holland, or Amsterdam or Netherland or some such? dunno.gif

There are a few actresses with the surname Amsterdams listed on IMDB, but none seem like likely candidates. The only Holland (sort of) is Tom Hollander from Pirates of the Caribbean 2 & 3, but I can't see him as either of the male roles that were cast.

I wonder if the title of the post 'Dutch treats...' is a hint that one of the actresses is Dutch. Unfortunately, I don't know many Dutch actresses so this doesn't help with the speculation - only one I can think of at the moment is Carice Van Houten but I'm not sure who she would be cast as - possibly Cersei?

Very good thought williamjm, Ms. Van Houten is starring alongside Mr. Bean in the movie "Black Death", so that could be a reference to Ned. The line concerning characters cancelled, Ms. Van Houten replaced Lena Headey in the movie. Lena Headey being Sarah Connor who's series was recently cancelled. :cheers:

Since this is so much fun I will make a few more guesses...

One has something in common with Harry Potter.

Jason Isaacs is in the Harry Potter movies. He was also recently in Showtime's Brotherhood series which was just cancelled this year. (I totally want Isaacs for Littlefinger so this is totally wishful hopeful thinking on my part!)

Or...Tom Felton is also in the Harry Potter movies. He apparently was up for a role in the Twilight Eclipse movie (which he didn't get) so he is apparently out there actively looking for parts now. Maybe as Theon Greyjoy?

One player has something in common with Ned.

Ned is played by Sean Bean. Sean Bean was in Patriot Games with Polly Walker. Polly was recently seen on American television in Rome.

Ned is played by Sean Bean. Sean Bean was in Patriot Games with Polly Walker. Polly was recently seen on American television in Rome.

Polly Walker is a series regular in Caprica and will be unlikely to be free for the role. She's also older than Nicole Kidman (albeit only by a year) whom GRRM indicated might be 'too old' (aside from being too ultra-famous) for Cersei as envisaged in the series :(

Jason Isaacs is in the Harry Potter movies. He was also recently in Showtime's Brotherhood series which was just cancelled this year. (I totally want Isaacs for Littlefinger so this is totally wishful hopeful thinking on my part!)

Is Littlefinger actually in the pilot?

Or...Tom Felton is also in the Harry Potter movies. He apparently was up for a role in the Twilight Eclipse movie (which he didn't get) so he is apparently out there actively looking for parts now. Maybe as Theon Greyjoy?

I could see him making a good Theon.

Going through all of Ned's co-stars is going to be a fairly lengthy process, considering how many films he has made over the years.

Wow, she's gorgeous! Way too pretty to be Sansa, I think we've found our Dany folks.

She was a recurring character on The OC which would count as a recent TV show. She's currently a recurring character on Gossip Girl, but not a series regular and her return next year has not been confirmed. If she's Dany she'd probably be able to fit the role around any US TV or movie commitments, since she won't be needed every episode (and her screen-time actually drops in S2 and S3).

Isn't he in the new King's Landing scene with Cersei at the start where Jon Arryn dies or am I completely misremembering that?

Going through all of Ned's co-stars is going to be a fairly lengthy process, considering how many films he has made over the years.

Word. Actually, twelve months ago I would have said Karl Urban (another LotR stalwart) could have made an interesting Jaime, but with the role of Dr. McCoy I'm wondering if he's now too big to appear.

A couple small roles, but very important ones - like others, I think this means the Sansa and Arya roles.

One player has something in common with Ned - does this mean the character Ned or the actor who plays Ned? Head chopping or played in a movie with Sean Bean, I think it has to be one of the two. Natalie Dormer is suddenly seeming more likely, though I never really thought she was in the running. Good as she was in Tudors, I feel they wouldn't want someone who did a role that was so similar to Cersei in so many ways. But she fits several other clues as well, though - character "cancelled" from Tudors, on American TV...

One has something in common with Harry Potter - see above for Ned. So we can see what actresses have appeared in things Daniel Radcliffe has appeared in (he's been in other things besides the Potter films). Or, what the Potter character could fit another role one of the possibilities played?

One is not a boney pop singer - does this mean that two ARE boney pop singers. Is one a pop singer who is not boney (Joss Stone isn't boney - but I still don't know what role she'd be right for...). Who are some other pop singers who have done some acting? Mandy Moore (at times she's been really quite good, a better actress than singer, IMO, especially in "Saved!")...I don't know, can't think of any others at the moment.

Shows can get cancelled and so can characters, but two of them have been seen on American tv recently. - I think one is from a show that was cancelled or ended and the other a character whose run on a show ended but the show is still on-going.

Wow, she's gorgeous! Way too pretty to be Sansa, I think we've found our Dany folks.

Well, GRRM said the other day that if Dany is cast, he doesn't know about it. So I'd be more inclined toward Sansa for Willa Holland. And Sansa is described as quite beautiful (even Cersei thinks so!), just young, sort of just coming into her womanly beauty.

Wolf Maid, she was in a photo shoot for EW right before the HP6 movie came out, and she looks really good now. But no, IMHO, she's not pretty enough for Sansa.

Also, I think she's too lank and lean for her.

It's eye of the beholder I guess. Might not be the most attractive actress in all Hollywood, but I think she's certainly pretty enough to play Sansa. As I remember, the list of most beautiful women in A Game of Thronesgoes: Dany > Cersei > Sansa > Catelyn

I guess its YMMV. In my mind Sansa has at least be pretty enough for me to imagine Loras giving her the red rose. Bonnie doesn't give me that vibe.

Isn't he in the new King's Landing scene with Cersei at the start where Jon Arryn dies or am I completely misremembering that?

Damn. If Jason Isaacs as Littlefinger...I think I'm getting a braingasm.

He wasn't in the leaked script...things can always change, but that's all I know.

It was Pycell.

The more I think about it, the more I realise Elizabeth Mitchell is just way too busy to appear in this. Elizabeth Banks (originally Mitchell) is way more likely. She was in Scrubs, so has been on TV recently (although the show itself seems to be cancelled and revived on a very regular basis), and knows how to play the smiling-but-possibly evil wife to the ruler of the land, having recently played Laura Bush in W ;)

Elizabeth Banks is not likely, IMO. She is just hitting her stride as a major movie star, getting above the title credits in multiple movies for the first time in her career in the past year. To go to series TV now would be a step back for her, even if it is a gigantic HBO series.

Elizabeth Banks is not likely, IMO. She is just hitting her stride as a major movie star, getting above the title credits in multiple movies for the first time in her career in the past year. To go to series TV now would be a step back for her, even if it is a gigantic HBO series.

Ah yes, and looking at her filmography her last few TV roles have been in mini-series or as voice-overs rather than major leading roles, so I'd say you were right.

Ah yes, and looking at her filmography her last few TV roles have been in mini-series or as voice-overs rather than major leading roles, so I'd say you were right.

ALso, she has 6 movies listed as "in development" and one filming. Odds are she's attached for a major, or lead role in all of those. She's becoming a big star in the U.S. at least, too big for TV now.

Remember, it's not a boney pop star. So it may be someone who's starred with Elizabeth Mitchell or Elizabeth Banks rather then either of them themselves.

From a quick scan of the "Lost" cast and crew page, some possibilities could be:

Sonia Walger or Rebecca Mader. More or less in the Cersei age range.

A Lostie can step in with better guesses, I'm sure.

Or maybe Morena Baccarin, who's starring with Mitchell in "V" is involved somehow. Lyanna?

Friend of mine suggested that Michelle Tractenberg played a pop singer on Six Feet Under (she's not a REAL boney pop singer), and she's recently been on Gossip Girl.

Archived