Rugby

Vestrit

Caught the Gloucester - Ospreys game last week. I swear there was a score every time I went to relieve myself or buy a drink. I might have seen one penalty and one conversion go over, but that's about it.

I'll have to make sure not to drink any fluids for a week and go teetotal next time I see a game.

As a Bath fan, I've got to admit that Richard's and Quins misdemeanours have at least taken the focus off of our druggy players - hopefully all of whom have been kicked out now.

I think Bath actually have a stronger team than last year, especially when Watson arrives and Butch James is fit again.

As a Bath fan, I've got to admit that Richard's and Quins misdemeanours have at least taken the focus off of our druggy players - hopefully all of whom have been kicked out now.

:lol: How do you reconcile being a Bath fan with such blind optimism?

Transformer hating junkies!

Ahhh, nauseating sense of doom, how i've missed you. :wideeyed:

We were so bad. Good news is we only have to finish top 8 to get a chance of promotion. Bad news is that anyone in the bottom four could get relegated. :|

(We could have 8th going up and 9th going down..... Sound fucked up to anyone else? :unsure: )

So, Gloucester then.

Finally turned the corner as a genuine title contender, or flattering to deceive on the hard grounds before going missing again when the mud comes?

I’d like to think it was the first. Nicky Robinson looks to have brought control and calm and structure to the team, Qera’s back, Fuimaono-Sapolu looks a good player and gives his outsides time and space, and if Voyce can sort out his opening day hands, they’ve got a pretty deadly back three.

Add into that a forward pack that seems to have gotten its act together, including a very promising youngster in Attwood. And enough new blood in the team, including a new coach, that the scars of yesteryears might not be there.

But, as a long-time Gloucester follower, I’ve learned to curb my enthusiasm following highly promising early season form. Bath didn't really bring much to the party, and Tindall getting injured so quickly isn't a good sign.

I think it's definitely a case of wait and see with Gloucester, they did look good on Sunday but Bath were poor. I don't think that there's any doubt that Nicky Robinson is an improvement at flyhalf and Fuimaono-Sapolu looked good in combination with him but whether that will translate to Gloucester being good enough to win the title I'm not sure.

Another false dawn. :wideeyed:

That does make me laugh, how did Ryan Lamb play?

On the international front it appears that Argentina are going to join the Tri Nations which should help them develop, it's about time to be honest.

Also I have to say it's good to see the rolling maul back in the game. It was certainly used to good effect in my game at the weekend, that'll teach the bastards for being fitter, more skilled and better drilled than us. :P

Lamb generally played well, but it would have been difficult not to with a pack as dominant as ours was. He also cost us a couple of tries with bad decision making. He was kicking though when we had obvious overlaps. If you've got a 4 on 2 outside you and that four are the two Armitages, Mapasua and Tagicackibau, you use the bloody overlap!

On the international front it appears that Argentina are going to join the Tri Nations which should help them develop, it's about time to be honest.

It is fantastic news. I wonder how it will affect Argentinian players and their club contracts though. The ARFU is contracted to field its strongest team. Will we see Super 14 sides pick up Argentine players now or will there be a rash of international retirements from players based in Europe who don't want a cut in wages or to move?

On another note, why did Leicester sign Jeremy Staunton? It has been puzzling me.

Archived