Fashion Faux Pas You Have Seen Recently

Mlle. Zabzie

There was a great clip about this in the movie The Devil Wears Prada -

What a depressing movie.

What do you mean? I love that movie (I know ya'll are judging me for that opinion and it's fine by me ;)) even though I thought I'd hate it. It gets depressing in the middle, but by the end, I felt pretty about things.

Miranda's speech there says it all. It's so true!

It took me a while to warm up to fashion and clothing. I used to be all anti-mainstream, "I want to look different", etc. These days, I've come to terms with reality (and myself) and realised that what they sell in the "fashionable" stores aren't all bad (in fact, I work for one right now) and even if you're wearing clothes from popular stores, it's how you wear it that counts. You can still have a personal style and be a smart dresser. Clothes that fit, clothes that are flattering for your body, clothes that are appropriate for the occasion, clothes that send the message that you want to send and they can even be comfortable (I shit you not).

I'm so shallow... and this board really consumes too much of my life.

The moment I saw this complete stranger, I couldn't wait to get back to the hotel and post about her outfit. All day, I just couldn't wait.

Navy jacket

Charcoal pants with visible underwear line

Brown shoes

White shirt with blue and pink stripes

AND

Canvas cream colored floppy beach hat

No white socks, but otherwise it was like the perfect culmination of almost every fashion mistake put together. (One thing I said in this post is a lie).

The other way to get rid of VPL (Visible Panty Lines) is to wear "granny panties". Properly fitting granny panties cover the entire ass cheeks and result in no lines.

VPL is usually a result of too-tight pants and/or too-tight bikini-style underwear.

I actually go with the granny panty often. Then, if you can still see the lines of my underwear, oh well.

Have you tried a slip underneath? I know it's a little old-fashioned, but they really do work!

I think my last slip was a size 10 :blush: I haven't even seen them at the store in years (but then, I haven't really been looking either)

eta: I got "will the euro rain on the dollar today?" what a boring ad

Guest Raidne

I'm paying more attention this time, and the ad is specifically for the "Brazillian padded panty-boom!" (the exclamation point is part of the title).

Woah.

Speaking of underwear, I hate "normal" underwear that have a seam down the middle. Who the hell let the design flaw slip by? At that point, I might as well wear a thong. I accidentally bought underwear like that once (was in a hurry and didn't notice). When I actually got around to putting them on, I was horrified. Ugh.

Edited for grammar.

• 2 weeks later...
:lol:

Do you trim it? Does your wife do your back?

My husband is also very hairy, and it is just too hot in the summer to go "natural"

Oh it's not his back that hairy, it's the front. He did the "natural" thing once but oh my gosh when it grew back it was the worst thing ever. Being poked by hair stub isn't very fun, and I refuse to let him do that ever again. :-D

Archived