The Next World of Warcraft Thread

Mack Kilimaro

Gilneas actually...looks kinda cool...

If Garrosh proves to be too much of a dickhead we can always reroll Worgen and make a "Horde Refugees" guild.

/signed

I'll be rolling a worgen one way or another. Just to experiecne the starting area. Don't know if I want to go warrior, druid or rogue though.

This cataclysm thing has made things a little worse for me. I've been intending to level my druid and my pally ( probably leaving my pally as Belf, only because as much as I love Tauren, their size is too much to handle in small hallways and buildings). I don't want to level my Tauren druid and then have the Troll option....*sigh* decisions decision.

Guest Nadine
Gilneas actually...looks kinda cool...

If Garrosh proves to be too much of a dickhead we can always reroll Worgen and make a "Horde Refugees" guild.

love the idea - would be fun for all of us to roll on the same server, worganstyle.

This cataclysm thing has made things a little worse for me. I've been intending to level my druid and my pally ( probably leaving my pally as Belf, only because as much as I love Tauren, their size is too much to handle in small hallways and buildings). I don't want to level my Tauren druid and then have the Troll option....*sigh* decisions decision.

Yeah, when it comes to leveling alts, Cataclysm can't get here soon enough.

Did you guys catch that top hat in the trailer? I want a top hat.

I was thinking about races that I don't have a high level character for and I've yet to go above 30 on a Gnome or Troll. So Troll Druid is definitely something I'll consider. Not sure I could handle leveling another priest though, even a kickass Gnome Priest. I have limits.

That concept art of the Worgen mount looks like it's an armored boar of some kind. It has pig feet. Dogs riding pigs...fascinating. I almost feel like Venkman's "dogs living with cats" rant might be inserted here. Perhaps I'll get a Nelf cat for the Worgen to ride on.

Both my 10 and 25 man raids killed the champions on the second attempt. I would recommend that warrior tanks can stay as tank spec and focus on shutting down healers rather than switching to dps unless your dps gear/spec is also very good (and even then I think its worth at least 1 staying tank), Paladins can also stay tank (although wearing healing gear may work well) so you can still throw frisbee's to interrupt casting. Death Knights don't really gain much by way of utility so unless your dps is fail I would say go dps (this is what I am).

For the healing druid I would recommend assigning a warlock to rotate banish, fear and spell lock on it as this can shut it down almost completely. For the holy paladin put a rogue or prot warrior on it as they should be able to shut it down. The priest would be my first target for an assist train, and definitely need to have people ready to dispell both pain supression and bop. A rogue specced into Fan of Knives (so that it interrupts) is also quite useful spamming that, due to the reduced durations on cc we found it wasnt worth worrying about the odd bit of ae breaking cc, however for the first couple of kills dps needs to be focused on burning the healers down rather than spreading the damage over multiple targets.

If you get frustrated by it being a "pvp" fight when you don't like pvp, try to think of it as just another form of boss fight that requires a different approach to regular bosses (something people normally want).

Guest Nadine

Just did HToC then ToC several times. Had to take laff breaks. I am *still* laughing. Such a phallic phite. :rofl:

Spent a ton on my ele shammie and got GREAT upgrades from ToC, but am unhappy with my dps. Doing everything, gear, rotation, etc according to EJ, but am not where I want to be. Ideas those in the know?

He is the delish Rickard. (yes, I know he is missing gems like whoa and needs enchants - he got a LOT of shit over the last few days and am waiting for auctions to go to get gems and was too damn lazy to do his enchants)

As normally a prot warrior with shitty fury gear, I was not terribly useful in that fight

I get off so many interrupts that I basically soloed the holy paladin. As prot we have shield bash, conc blow, shockwave, and heroic throw the interrupt, and then when the pally bubbles, we can break that bubble too with shat throw. With how well I and our other prot warrior shut down the Priest and Pally while the raid nuked the resto drood... I honestly can't imagine a class/spec being more useful in that fight than prot warrior. We were also damn near unkillable, provided a disarm for the melee, fear bombs, demo shout.... it was probably the fight I felt best about being a prot warrior in a long, long time. We two or three shot it on 25 man.

I did ten man with alts and non-raiders, and shut down the Priest in the same manner as I had the Pally. We two-shotted it.

Tobin.... say it isn't so! You're Shaman girl! For The Horde! Loktar friend, what is it? Bloodlust, FFS, not heroism. It's not easy being green! You know how hard it is to get your groove on with the spirit of your great grandmother watching over you?

Well, I'm still pretty much a noob when it comes to wow. Anyone here on baelgun?

Hey Mysh, haven't been on here lately - yes, my wife and I have alliance toons (for the time being) on Baelgun.

Tarann, Evoka, Shiroka

Yeah, I like ToC. I'm not sure I like ToC 10x a day to get the damned trinket. Even seen the caster trinket drop 3 or 4 times. Though the upside is we are getting LOTS of crystals for enchanting. On my pally we ended up just 3 manning it until I got it to drop, people were getting so fed up with the place.

Need to get into 25 EoE for my DK and Pally to complete the quest, finally got the key.

Yeah...tourney champions. I like the fight concept, I hate the fact that "change your tactics" apparently is an insult. After watching slow moving green clouds eat up people for a little while the RL said lets go to TOC. Cool. Tried about 7 times, best attempt was getting the shaman to about 15%. No changes in tactics even though they were requested....like, say, interrupt the shaman...or the priest. Or the F'n announcer - just interrupt SOMEONE. "but there is no aggro table" No, but there are abilities...talents...oi.

can't wait to be a tauren pally.

If you get frustrated by it being a "pvp" fight when you don't like pvp, try to think of it as just another form of boss fight that requires a different approach to regular bosses (something people normally want).

I am going to think of it like this. What frustrates me is that it's another form of boss-fight, which requires a rather different set of skills and instincts than I have. I'm definitely staying Prot, because as Arms, I may as well have gone afk. I should be able to keep a healer locked down pretty well, though I expect some rage starvation problems, and hopefully we won't get too many of them up. We had two last week, and even with me on one (granted, as Arms in zerk stance) and the rogue on the other, we couldn't really kill anything.

Ditched out of the most laughable group I can recall. Heroic Old Kingdom, the daily. Fights were taking almost as long as if it was tank, healer, and me on dps (I was healing). I run Recount,so I was looking at numbers. On Nadox, the high dps was about 1,300.

I ended up ditching after the vampire prince, and obviously I should in fact have just ditched after trash and found another group. So no triumph for me, but I got the EoC I needed for helm/belt upgrades.

Tobin.... say it isn't so! You're Shaman girl! For The Horde! Loktar friend, what is it? Bloodlust, FFS, not heroism. It's not easy being green! You know how hard it is to get your groove on with the spirit of your great grandmother watching over you?

I know! When I saw that worgs can't be shaman, my world tilted the wrong direction - it was traumatizing, :cry: .

I'm guessing a druid might be tolerable, but have to wonder what the forms would look like... Bears with bushy tails? furry trees?

/sniff - hurts my heart to think of leaving the Mother Horde...

I feel like I've been all Raider and not very much Boy Friend.

Have to start budgeting my time so I can kill yetis and enjoy dinner and movies also. I'd get her to play but she wants to roll alliance ( :rolleyes:).

Been running around in my creepy rogue helm lately and I absolutely love it. If I never upgrade to the mundane T9 'Horde Leather' helm I'll probably be happy. Also, my t9 shoulders have light bulbs on them...so much for stealth.

You're Shaman girl! For The Horde! Loktar friend, what is it? Bloodlust, FFS, not heroism. It's not easy being green! You know how hard it is to get your groove on with the spirit of your great grandmother watching over you?

Stego you should run Horde recruitment videos.

Thanks to everyone in helping me run toc over and over again for that $%#%$ trinket.

Mandy, the least I can do is provide additional entertainment during those runs and dropping the internal filter for a bit (vent is dangerous without a verbal filter)... of course it doesn't help that I was laughing so much my eyes were tearing, making the screen hard to see...

Stego's Prot Warrior Recruitment Ad

Y'know, I'm a bit embarrassed to have to defend the raid leader who insisted on sticking me on the shadow priest. I was able to employ most of the tricks you named, it's just that I was stopping mind flays and shit. What you say makes perfect sense, and that frees up CC to be put on one of the DPS classes, giving at least a little reduction to the damage being dealt to the raid. Plus we can break fear and charge/intercept. Man, it's good being a warrior. :D

We have a prot warrior in the 10 man, so it's probably going to be worth having him lock down one healer and stick CC on one of the DPS classes there too. Our main problem was people dying, so if we cut the incoming damage by 25% I think that could be good. Even if one heal manages to get back off we should still be able to burn the other one down and then move on.

I just looked at this thread out of curiosity, since I play WC3, SC, and D2. But, I have no idea what half of the words in this thread are. I am baffled.

Don't feel too bad, I play WoW and I still have trouble with some of the posts.

Don't feel too bad, I play WoW and I still have trouble with some of the posts.

I try to be cryptic. It makes me more mysterious.

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows.

:lol:

So after sitting in the LFG queue for 3 days just trying to do the regular dungeon daily, I finally got in a UP run that we ended up having to 4-man cause we couldn't find a 5th. It was ok, the Pally tank had 35k hp. Other than a couple fights he probably coulda solo'd it. Crazy bastard.

So 3.2 has been out how long now? And I have 1 emblem of conquest to show for it. I need an Underachiever title. Next semester starts in five days.

Archived