The Next World of Warcraft Thread

Mack Kilimaro

Guest Nadine

capo - i feel like i learned a new language.

I am an utter failbot when it comes to getting money as a woman. QD is still down, so I went on my son's DK on his PvP realm. I was agast!! No bags! No talent points (theyhad been reset), prof skill levels were at 1. EEEKKK!!! So I spec'd him, got some glyphs and went...whoa when it was time to get bags. I had spent all my son's gold. OMG So I begged for help in trade, and it was...trade. One nice guy told me to go quest.

I fail at internet whore.

Guest Nadine

I confessed to my son and he wasn't overly worried since 1. I promised to level his profs (heh, like thats a hardship) and 2. He just got done white river rafting in Wyoming. and 3. He is a good boy.

This was exactly the break I needed. Messy needs more rested and leveling Timmet has the charm of being polite to a racist. And they are all broke as fuck. Ha! I leave my charaters to their own woes.

I confessed to my son and he wasn't overly worried since 1. I promised to level his profs (heh, like thats a hardship) and 2. He just got done white river rafting in Wyoming. and 3. He is a good boy.

This was exactly the break I needed. Messy needs more rested and leveling Timmet has the charm of being polite to a racist. And they are all broke as fuck. Ha! I leave my charaters to their own woes.

Wow, wish I could convince my mom to level my professions, glyph my toons and specc me.

...*sigh*...

I hear you about being broke. Currently debating wether or not to by my 74 an early Cold Weather Flying, and then realized I didn't have the money even if I wanted to.

Back to the Argent Tournament for me!

Guest Nadine

I know - I could do dailies with my 4 80s but that makes my liver fail. Currently have my rogue out in azshara farming up whelplings. not sure if those will still be avail after the xpac, so I am going to horde a few. With my luck, everyone who signs on that day will get an azure whelpling.

moose, my confession is thus: I play this game because I love professions and starting shit on fire. (and being a rogue SNICK SNICK U DED LOL!!). I have 12 characters so I can play with the professions. I can level mining with my eyes shut. :P Son picked inscrip and herb, so that sucks a bit more - I always find banging away at a piece of metal more soothing than picking flowers.

Sister and I were chattering at lunch about the xpac and stuff.

Worgen came up and she had mentioned it to a few of her friends that she was thinking we needed to roll a "pure Worgen Horde guild".

I told her we had a similar idea here on the board - so it would probably be enough of us to start the guild at any rate.

While we were talking, a possible (and totally campy) guild name popped into my head.

"The Horgen", :P

Guest Nadine
Sister and I were chattering at lunch about the xpac and stuff.

Worgen came up and she had mentioned it to a few of her friends that she was thinking we needed to roll a "pure Worgen Horde guild".

I told her we had a similar idea here on the board - so it would probably be enough of us to start the guild at any rate.

While we were talking, a possible (and totally campy) guild name popped into my head.

"The Horgen", :P

LOL, that is totally perfect!

I play both sides. Cause I don't buy products and only use half.

"Hey, Grim. Nice new car."

"Yeah, it's awesome. But I refuse to look in the trunk or let anyone sit in the passenger seat."

"Hey, Grim. You want an extra large sub or just a large?"

"Um, better make it an extra large, cause I'm only gonna eat half of it and I want it to be a big half."

Both sides have the same types of gamers no matter what the Horde tries to tell itself.

Leigh, I'll run ToC tonight if you need me. Fail healing my way to L80 gear I can't use!!!!

I'm broke too. I've spent about 18K on my fail alts in the last couple of weeks. Between leveling JC, enchanting, and inscription, all the decent gems, gear, epic flyers, etc... I'm fucked. I need to start running hodir dailies every day to score some cash, because I can't afford to raid enchant/gem 2 alts. : (

Going to have to drop out of doing Ulduar 10 mans on saturdays as well. Football season is going to start, and I have season tickets to USC. Doh. Plus my wife gets pissed when I spent all of saturday afternoon/evening playing video games. Double doh! Hopefully I'll get her hooked on star wars when it comes out.

I play both sides. Cause I don't buy products and only use half.

"Hey, Grim. Nice new car."

"Yeah, it's awesome. But I refuse to look in the trunk or let anyone sit in the passenger seat."

"Hey, Grim. You want an extra large sub or just a large?"

"Um, better make it an extra large, cause I'm only gonna eat half of it and I want it to be a big half."

Both sides have the same types of gamers no matter what the Horde tries to tell itself.

Heh, good point.

I've tried playing horde, I really have...I don't know if I just pick classes I don't like, or if I pick bad servers, but I've actually met more unhelpful people horde side than I've met alliance side. I mean, there are douchecanoes on both sides, for sure...

Including that little shithead that couldn't tank h-toc and then proceeded to go piss and moan in the trade chat, making fun of me and my friend that were in the instance with him. It was actually funny how little people cared, including the guy he sent to pm me to give me shit.

"Hey, you're an asshole" "You must be that kid's parent or guardian." "Nah, he was ranting about you in trade and wanted someone to give you shit, and I'm bored" "Oh, that's cool. Have at it." "Ha. Nah, that's alright. You have a good one, man." "Cool, dude. You too. Enjoy the trade chat."

Good times.

Guest Nadine

Q, i have loads of mats on Rho and my gbank has blue gems - timmet can't cut them yet, but at least it would save you some.

Gold has SUCKED lately. I went on a spree and my usual items are'nt selling. meh.

Played around on my Rogue. I hate melee in instances so I use him for gathering, herbalist/miner. I finally gave up with leveling with a mutilate spec, while it's doable, and I stubbornly wish I could stick to daggers, it seems to have a lot of downtime. So I went with Shadow Panther's guide that suggests combat maces and since my rogue is a human that made sense. Much MUCH smoother, faster kills = less downtime and I don't have to worry about juggling cooldowns as much.

Can't play much right now though, my left eye is bothering the shit out of me. I don't know if I got something in it or if it's allergies, but it is almost impossible to keep it open for more than a few seconds. I blame Gerard Butler. 300 was a lot of man flesh, now he's taunting me with Gamer trailers. I'd like to see a fight between his pecs and Putin's.

Played around on my Rogue. I hate melee in instances so I use him for gathering, herbalist/miner. I finally gave up with leveling with a mutilate spec, while it's doable, and I stubbornly wish I could stick to daggers, it seems to have a lot of downtime. So I went with Shadow Panther's guide that suggests combat maces and since my rogue is a human that made sense. Much MUCH smoother, faster kills = less downtime and I don't have to worry about juggling cooldowns as much.

Combat is amazing. I tried leveling assassinate back in classic WoW and after I switched to combat I leveled so much faster. I was subtlety for a while in BC but I not very long and now I'm back to combat. It's the premier raiding spec for a rogue, and the best part about it is, no matter what type of weapon drops for you, you can just go to your trainer and re-spec the exact same way, only with points for that weapon.

Just last week I was Fist/Sword specced. At the moment I'm running around with a sword and a mace, so I'm going to run HToC until the mace there drops and respec for maces, but my rotation is the same as it always will be.

I'd like to see Mut and Subt in PvE, just so I have some more options because certain specs are better for certain bosses, but I will always be a huge Combat aficionado.

You are the least social person I have ever run across in my life. How would you know how folks are?

This is only because you haven't run across me.

I just haven't really been motivated to play the last several days. All I did last night was a quick Emalon, who, of course, dropped worthless PvP junk. Open for debate whether this is because he's a greedy little dick or because I'm not allowed to have my 4-pc set bonus.

One-eyed Willy couldn't stand it and tried to get the regular daily knocked out last night. No bites. While doing some herbing I noticed a UK group was looking for a healer for a while so I told them I'd do it. Ended up with 3 80s in the run and 2 71s. One of the 71s blurted out, "This run brought to you by the color Brown." Milk came out of my nose and I wasn't even drinking milk.

After that someone threw together a quick BWL raid for one of the truly epic moments in WoW. The scene: Vael. The last man standing: Me. I was like, "Do I win?" We got halfway through then people started falling asleep so we postponed the wrap up. Haven't been in there since before BC hit. Was entertaining.

I was supposed to play last night, but didn't get home until late and had to make batches of these for work:

**WARNING - THESE THINGS ARE DANGEROUSLY EASY TO MAKE AND TOTALLY EVIL**

Pretzel Turtles

Ingredients:

• 20 mini-twist pretzels (doesn't have to be 'twists', just make sure the pretzel is configured to not let the rollo leak through. Synder's Butter Snaps work great.)
  • 20 pieces of Rollo candies
  • 20 pecan halves
  • Of course you can make as many as you want, 20 won't last long (they're not kidding, :drool: )

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 300
  2. Place 20 pretzels on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or sprayed with PAM
  3. Place a Rollo on top of each pretzel
  4. Place in oven for 5 minutes, or just until chocolate starts to melt
  5. Remove from oven and press one pecan half onto each Rollo, smashing is down a little, making the chocolate spread out
  6. Cool completely before eating (if you used Wax paper under them: slide the turtles off the cookie sheet and onto a flat surface -- if you used just spray: leave the turtles alone for a 2 hours until they set completely)
  7. Make yourself sick by eating them...

Archived