Cricket VIII

Zoë Sumra

Daniel Radcliffe and Tom Felton are currently being interviewed on TMS. The resemblance to Stuart Broad has been mentioned.

Stuart Broad henceforth shall be known as Malfoy. And Onions will be known as Ahmadinejad...

It seems the England team are ahead of you there...

Tom Felton on TMS: "I recently met Stuart Broad at a party - the other England players wanted a photo of us together, as apparently they take the mickey out of him and call him Malfoy!"

Run outs galore!

What a horrible way to go. Ponting was going so well; and then for Clarke to go cheaply is just terrible.

This is sort of sour grapes, but then again it isn't, because those of you who have been around will remember that I had issue with it four years ago, two years ago, and now (every Ashes series). Has no one ever pulled up Flintoff for his idiotic way of celebrating? It is the most arrogant, unsportsmanlike celebration I've ever seen, at the fall of every wicket to spread your arms wide and pretend for just a few seconds that you're God.

I'll be glad to see the back of him, and I know it's motivated somewhat by the fact that Australia are losing right now. ;) By all accounts he is an earnest guy, but when you put all his off-field problems, alcohol problems, and then his rather arrogant way of showboating and celebrating, I can't say he's my favourite role model.

This is sort of sour grapes, but then again it isn't, because those of you who have been around will remember that I had issue with it four years ago, two years ago, and now (every Ashes series). Has no one ever pulled up Flintoff for his idiotic way of celebrating? It is the most arrogant, unsportsmanlike celebration I've ever seen, at the fall of every wicket to spread your arms wide and pretend for just a few seconds that you're God.

I think you're entitled to celebrate anyway you want to be honest, I've got far more time for Flintoff celebrating like that than I do for players who give the departing player abuse which is hardly uncommon. As far as I know none of the players that actually play against him seem to have much of an issue with him.

I think you're entitled to celebrate anyway you want to be honest, I've got far more time for Flintoff celebrating like that than I do for players who give the departing player abuse which is hardly uncommon. As far as I know none of the players that actually play against him seem to have much of an issue with him.

Well yes, of course there's no rule preventing you from celebrating, but I think it's one of those courtesy things that he really should take a bit more care around. I suppose that's possibly why he's never been pulled up about it; it's one of those grey areas where it's all a bit subjective. It'd be more effective if someone from the Aussie team took the mickey out of him and did it back. ;)

Great stuff from Australia, and especially Michael Hussey who has basically saved his test career in one innings. 240 runs to win, five wickets in hand, two set batsmen in. The key wicket is Haddin - at the rate he scores, he could get the lead down very quickly.

ETA: Well they have him now. Australia will be kicking themselves at the number of wickets that they have handed to England on a platter to day.

Collingwood probably saved Hussey's career for him by dropping him so easily. :P

Great day of cricket, though, from both sides. It was from Australia's perspective a shame they couldn't do that in their first innings.... sod it, I'm so pleased England won. :)

Best feeling ever.

Overall, it was an amazing effort by England to recover from the Headingly mauling and from crippling injuries to their two best players. Having said that, credit should go to Australia for putting up such a fight with a fairly inexperienced team. If it wasn't for Panesar and Anderson at Cardiff, they would have retained the Ashes.

Archived